Travis Scott - Utopia July 28th

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A few thoughts on my first listen

•its clearly no Astroworld, the highs on that album are on another league compared to Utopia
•some of the beats are too busy, too many sounds going on
•the song with drake is the best one to me
•i hate Beyonce so she ruins what could have been a great track
•future is wasted on a drumless song
•the bad bunny and weeknd song is underwhelming, kind of boring
•i love westside, he feels random as hell on this (it's a good song I'm not complaining)

Despite all my bytching, it's not bad, there are def some dope tracks. I'd give it a 7/10, Astroworld was a 9/10 to me

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah not at all
3 of the songs (God's Country, Delresto and Telekinis) were literally kanye songs that leaked some while ago, the song Circus Maximus is produced by the same guy that produced black skinhead and uses the same drum pattern, the song modern Jam uses an earlier version of the beat which became I am A God off Yeezus, and kanye has writing/production credits on Thank God. You might not hear the influence but it's by a matter of fact there.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
A few thoughts on my first listen

•its clearly no Astroworld, the highs on that album are on another league compared to Utopia
•some of the beats are too busy, too many sounds going on
•the song with drake is the best one to me
•i hate Beyonce so she ruins what could have been a great track
•future is wasted on a drumless song
•the bad bunny and weeknd song is underwhelming, kind of boring
•i love westside, he feels random as hell on this (it's a good song I'm not complaining)

Despite all my bytching, it's not bad, there are def some dope tracks. I'd give it a 7/10, Astroworld was a 9/10 to me
If you hate Beyoncé your opinion is invalid.

Gone head and delete this post and then your account.

Thanks

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
After listening to Mayhem few things are clear

1) Drake pulling a Takeover. He got 2 canned versus waiting for Push. This shyt is pure bait.

2) whenever Drake rolls out a new style like this. You know he had a gang of nikkas under NDA helping him write this shyt.

3) because of #2, Push should be ready for an actual challenge this time. 100 vs 1.

4) Rap Caviar continuing to show that they are the worst voice in the culture with their garbage list. This is then PICK (it doesn’t go off of popularity) for the number 1 track in rap / hiphop right now? They just trying to incite beef.

Last edited:

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Outside of meltdown, album straight mid. nikka got way too much going on. Every track is pretty much 2-3 different songs (some sound unfinished) fading in and out

Bia's album is better

Somebody

All Star
Daps
3 of the songs (God's Country, Delresto and Telekinis) were literally kanye songs that leaked some while ago, the song Circus Maximus is produced by the same guy that produced black skinhead and uses the same drum pattern, the song modern Jam uses an earlier version of the beat which became I am A God off Yeezus, and kanye has writing/production credits on Thank God. You might not hear the influence but it's by a matter of fact there.

Sounds like he mad he can’t top Yeezus so he made an album reminding us who really made Yeezus :heh:

It’s like Cudi living in 808s shadow until speeding bullet except this doesn’t take Travis out of Yeezus shadow :skip:

I mean u can argue that he did that with Astroworld but it wasn’t as influential as speeding bullet

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:jbhmm:

Screenshot-2023-07-28-at-1-01-54-PM.png

asap-rocky-mercedes-benz-awge-collab-interview-2.jpg

Screenshot-2023-07-28-at-1-02-06-PM.png

0cadf1b9091f339ec625715934af0b3a.jpg

IMG_6979.png