Traveling is SO OVERRATED: Most people wouldn't travel if they couldn't post it on Social Media

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Yea and no

You’re absolutely right some people travel for the look. The dead giveaway is people who post themselves at the airport or from the plane. ‘Hey look at meeeee, I’m on a plane ’

Also dead giveaway is people who travel the Caribbean/resort beach vacations—-which is shocking how many people on IG do this. Bc for all intents and purposes, DR, PR, Mexico, and Jamaica to an extent are the same damn place. Same lookin beach, same excursions, same jet skis, etc.

But travel for cultural explorarion—-or just somewhere that’s not a beach—- is not overrated. My solo Europe trip was a blast. London was solid, but Amsterdam and Paris blew me away. Costa Rica has some of that Carribean redundancy but was a lil different bc of the jungle, volcanoes, etc

I just rejected a couples trip w/ some friends in Cabo partly bc I’m not ready to go on a trip w/ this chick, but also bc the flight to Cabo is the same as a flight to Europe and that’s a waste of money ….also my friends wanna do it up w/ a big estate and spend a lot of money, and I can’t get past how much it a waste it is. For that same money I can go to Portugal, Greece, Spain—-may even all 3 in one trip. I’m not tryin to spend lavishly on fuking Mexico. I travel cheap but experience a lot, total waste to spend big on lodging unless it’s a romantic trip

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Whats a REAL life New Orleans experience, Getting robbed and left for dead?
No actually going to where the culture is and not to where only drunken cacs go.

New Orleans probably has the most extensive black culture in America. You went burbon and felt you knew all there was to New Orleans. It’s cool bro

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
If you're traveling to see manmade attractions, you will likely grow disappointed as most things man makes is for his own profit.

If you travel to see God's creation, you will be pleased and in awe. Nature never fails.

The Grand Canyon > Some tired ass skyline
Yeah, I'd like to visit the Amazon rain forest, Victoria Falls, Phi Phi Islands, I'd mostly go places where you wouldn't even have phone reception all like that:yeshrug:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Traveling is absolutely NOT overrated, but since im not a 6 figure, 6 cert, 6 series coli nikka that flies 1st class or has their own jet, I hate planes esp. Long flights.

Last edited:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed visiting America, it opened my eyes to a lot of things and I got to see family :manny:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like someone doesn’t want lower class people in the same spaces as them :mjpls:

Amex Platinum gang don’t got them problems :heh:

Alot of people are like that. Traveling was one of their main flex and as everyone is traveling it's not much of a flex as it use to be so they're feeling some type of way

Daps
I'd travel for the different cultures and stuff, I've never left my town so I'm pretty much obsessed with everywhere else. Despite that, and I'm ashamed to say it, the number one thing I'd be thinking about is how good looking and receptive the women are.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I love traveling. Been doing it my whole life. And I’m not a big picture person b/c I suck at photography. I also struggle to keep up with my phone. :mjlol:
My friends and family get mad at me b:c I don’t take enough pictures.

But I usually be too caught up in the moment to snap a pic. Besides which, a lot of places you just can’t do justice on a picture.
Grand Canyon you just gotta see yourself. Same for temples in Kyoto. Or sunset in Maui. Golden skyline of the domed tops of palaces in downtown Bangkok…ect.

You don’t travel for the pictures. For me it’s the lore and history. I’m trying to tag along now on a dig with a colleague in Nubia. If the grant comes through, I’m gone with the wind…
Edit: …with my husbands permission…

Braman

Superstar
Daps
If you're traveling to see manmade attractions, you will likely grow disappointed as most things man makes is for his own profit.

If you travel to see God's creation, you will be pleased and in awe. Nature never fails.

The Grand Canyon > Some tired ass skyline
Facts. While not completely man made, in Costa Rica I took a 5 mile hike and went here
117591850_1193172917722931_2185403483314788818_n.jpg

(not my pic) I was dolo, while listening to Dave Chappelle 8:46. Was a dope experience.

OP you paying attention to what other people travel for, but if you think travel overrated for yourself you doin it wrong

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Also lol @ OP.

@Stuntone you just sound fed the fukk up with humans. :russ:
It’s like that tho. As much of a human lover I am, people can be sickening sometimes.

And traveling is one of those things that can bring out the worst or best in people. It’s prime opportunity to be an obnoxious c*nt.

You ever saw somebody taking a selfie and wanted to slap it outta their hands?

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Its true, I used to travel almost a decade before people I know left the state even
I ended up getting burnt out and not caring so much and stopped because it seems like the same shyt for the most part over and over

fast forward... people are stunting for the gram
dude argued about "being more cultured" than me because "I havent experienced it" :russ:
I'm like why you not moving there? you just pay thousands to sit on the beach and pretend like you're killing it ... that's weird as fukk to me

another thing I always laugh at is people visiting like Third World Countires and shyt
it is a vacation per say, for a weekend or whatever... but for the people living there, its not vacation. If you were like move here with me... they would be like "Naw, im just here for the weather and resort" :huhldup: