[Travel] The Brazil Thread

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Any brehs ever make it out to Belo Horizonte?

Been staying out here for a couple of years. Most of the foreigners i have met have fallen in love with the city and prefer it to others due to it being smaller and more homey. Its possible to go everywhere rather quickly with so much to offer as well.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Wrapping up my Brazil trip. Last day in Sao Paulo. Had a great time overall. Will def come back, sooner than later. Here's my take on things. Will try to be as unbiased as I can.

Cities

-Visited Sao Paulo and Rio. Most of my time was in SP.

-Rio when at its best is a legit beautiful place. Really scenic. It's also the more touristy of the two.

-The "vacation" vibe was strong in Rio. It's still a busy city but the relaxing atmosphere is there, for better or worse.

-Haven't gone to Copacabana, but Ipanema and Leblon look good overall.

-Compared to SP, Rio didn't feel as safe (and statistically, it isn't as safe). Even though nothing happened to me, I still was in my P's and Q's in Rio.

-If you are landing to Rio from overseas, you have no choice but to land at GIG. If you are flying domestically, land at Santo Dumont Airport (SDU). Much closer to the city and the view when landing is legit cool.

-Nightlife is pretty cool. Went to Lapa, which is hectic (think 6th street in Austin or Burbon St. in NOLA, but on steroids). I can't fully comment too much on the night life, as I haven't been in Rio long enough to truly assess it.

=====

-SP = Concrete jungle. REALLY BIG city. Very important to remember that. Stay in the neighborhoods of Pineiros or Jardims Paulista if you can. Not too far from most neighborhoods, plenty of key subway locations (yes, SP and Rio do have subways stations) and most of the fun is there anyway. Good location logistically.

-Similar to Rio, you will have to land at GRU, SP's international airport. However, if you are flying in via domestic, land at Conghonas Airport. It's in the city and you can just take the subway to your location. Or, you can take the taxi and it won't as much as taking it from GRU.

-If you are a big city dude, especially a city like a NYC, Chi-Town, or someone who lives in a major downtown area in a big city in the US, you should be able adjust pretty quickly, imo. You're biggest barrier will be the language.

-A lot to do in SP. Like, alot, especially for nightlife. You'll have options for sure.

-SP is safer than Rio. Obviously, don't be the stupid tourist flashing your shyt, especially at night, but so long as you aren't in a bad neighborhood, you should be alright.

-SP is not as pretty as Rio. If you are into nature and scenic stuff, don't expect too much of that in SP.

Money

This is quite important, as both SP and Rio can be expensive, even with the currency situation. Some quick tips that can help you save some cash. I'm speaking mostly about SP, as I wasn't in Rio long enough.

-Get a private room or apt . Airbnb is a great option. Hotels can be very expensive and hostel are becoming pricey as of late. Plus you have more options with Airbnb, I feel.

-Stay closer to where the action is. The closer you are to the fun, the less likely you'll need to take a cab or even the subway.

-Use public transportation. If you are afraid of using the bus, the subway works fine. Make sure you stay close to a subway station. They are waaaaaaaaayyyy cheaper than taking a taxi.

-When landing from the international airports, take public transportation. At GRU (SP's international airport) there is a bus that brings you to the center of town. It's currently prices at 42 reals, or about $11. Much cheaper option than the taxi or even Uber.

-Do some grocery shopping. You don't have to, obviously, but you can save cash that way.

-Learn portuguese. Seriously, learning that language can save you a lot of headaches lol.

People

-Over all, Brazilians seem to be pretty cool folks. Attitudes differ of course depending on the city and upbringing, but they cool in my book.

-Fatties and super average girls aside, the women are really cute. No question. And they cool too, for the most part. And their bodies tend to be on point.

-Rio and SP, and for sure SP, are really diverse. shyt is real.

-IMO, the ladies in Rio have slightly better bodies, but those in SP can def compete. You won't be taking an L on the women department either way.

-Those football (soccer) rivalries are real :russ:. Word to Sao Paulo, Palmeiras, and Corinthians.

Portuguese

Brehs (and brehettes), I can't stress this enough: learn some Portuguese before coming to Brazil. You will do yourself an immense favor by doing so.

English in Brazil? Outside of tourist areas and tourist traps, damn near useless. Barely anyone speaks it. A lot don't care much about it. And those that do speak may not be that good at it.

And no, Spanish will NOT be enough. Most Brazilians don't speak it like that (if at all) or understand it like that (if at all).

Coming to Brazil and not speaking Portuguese is like coming to the U.S. and not speaking English. You are automatically at an incredible disadvantage. Simple stuff can be much more complicated than it needs to be.

Wanna ask where this item is in the grocery store? Gotta know portuguese.

Wanna ask someone where this store is that you couldn't find? Better know portuguese.

Wanna holler at that fine ass chick with the phat ass and top notch body? You DEF better know portuguese.

Wanna significantly reduce the chance of people swindling your gringo self, especially in Rio? Learn that portuguese.

Your trip will be much, much, much, much, much more fun if you know at the least enough Portuguese to have a basic conversation. The more you know the better off you will be.

Brazilians can be pretty cool as is, even if your portuguese is skruggling. Now, imagine if you could actually understand their native tongue, and they can understand you.

So, seriously, learn that portuguese. For real. :birdman:

So when you going back :DripDrip:

@Hollister you from Brazil?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The Talib video at the end made me realize how much I miss being in Brazil :to:

Imagine my pain fam :francis:

Yes bruv, was born here then moved to the states when i was very young and lived all my life, till i recently moved back. Its been back and forth ever since

:salute: Surprising amount of Brazilians on here.

Never been to Belo, it was so far from beaches and I'm a beach junkie, but It looks like a beautiful city.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i think a real slept on place for beautiful women is minas gerais, where BH is

they dont have as many beautiful black women as bahia, but it's like 8 out of every 10 women is :banderas: regardless of skintone

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Wonder how hard it would be to get a job in IT down there after graduation.:lupe:

Either way saving up loot to travel around Brazil for like a month after I get my bachelor's :ohlawd:

PS : We need a new win smiley :francis: