Translate Popular Rap Lines Into Proper English Sentences

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
I cannot ridicule you. I'm from Upper Manhatten, to be specific. It's where we boast about our money, steal your girlfriend from you, and ask you..."What you'd prefer to do about the situation?" :hhh:

"Ya know I must clown...I'm from Harlem, Uptown. Where we flash money, take ya bytch, and ask you..."What now?!!"....:umad:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I cannot ridicule you. I'm from Upper Manhatten, to be specific. Where we brag about our money, steal your girlfriend, and ask you..."what you'd prefer to do about the situation?" :hhh:

"Ya know I must clown...I'm from Harlem, Uptown. Where we flash money, take ya bytch, and ask you..."What now?!!"....:umad:

Didnt even have to click the spoiler

Rep for reminding me it's been too long since I heard that :wow:

I'm from BX but that opening sequence had me feeling like claiming Harlem for a minute :wow:

Still a GOAT verse opener :whew:

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
She clearly desires fornication with me, but sadly, I have a hard stop coming soon.
I have recently arrived via discreet aerial means, and immediately merged onto a major southeastern thouroghfare
Endeavor to contact my transportational engineer; I am not partial to navigating autonomously
Multiple large SUVs in close linear proximity to each other, and we'll stock them to full capacity with temporary recreational surrogates

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
As someone who speaks standard English all day every day I must say that this thread is condescending and patronizing. Hip hop wasn’t meant to be put into any other cultural framework than the one it is expressed.

One star

Daps
Please desist with your speech impediment, because you should have comprehended what I’ve been saying. You should accompany me back to my residence, for everything you’re hearing is indisputable. Steve Francis and Queen Latifah were temporarily dispossessed of their transportation. The appearance of Mitch Green was significantly altered by the brick solid fists of Mike Tyson.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
As someone who speaks standard English all day every day I must say that this thread is condescending and patronizing. Hip hop wasn’t meant to be put into any other cultural framework than the one it is expressed.

One star

Put what u said in a verse so we can translate it.... :mjgrin:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Observe, filial lineage beholder,
those who vibrate ostensibly
thus proving in reality
that two and half score
equates not to villainous sorts
as they're petrified to putrefy
and prefer not to perceive
they vibrate ostensibly.

I'll retranslate this one back to the original dialect for y'all in case the prose flew over ya dome:

Son, they shook
Cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks
Scared to death,
scared to look,
they shook