Transformers the animated movie is still amazing

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I love this fukking movie still to this day. Watched it this morning at work.

Transformers-1000x1480-web.jpg

"Transformers: The Movie" is a 1986 animated film based on the popular toy line and TV series, "Transformers." The movie was directed by Nelson Shin and produced by Sunbow Productions and Marvel Productions. The film was released in theaters in North America on August 8, 1986, and features the voice talents of many well-known actors, including Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, and Orson Welles in his final role before his death.

The plot of the movie is set in the year 2005, and follows the ongoing conflict between the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons. The Autobots learn of a plot by the Decepticons to use a massive planet-eating robot named Unicron to destroy the Autobot home planet of Cybertron. As the Autobots and Decepticons battle each other and Unicron, many beloved characters from the TV series are killed off, including Optimus Prime and Megatron, and new characters are introduced, including Hot Rod, who eventually becomes the new leader of the Autobots.

"Transformers: The Movie" was initially met with mixed reviews from critics and fans, but has since become a cult classic and is widely considered to be a defining moment in the franchise's history. The film's soundtrack, which includes songs by Stan Bush and "Weird Al" Yankovic, has also become a fan favorite

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Closest these new kids have to a "wtf my heroes can die?? :damn:" flick is days of future past in that intro where all the xmen were getting clapped right out the gate

main-qimg-5fc86d754666f76d6eb314fd27044697

the kids in the row in front of me were SHOOK im trying to tell yal :pachaha: autobots xmen are bigger than optimus charles. they tough. they'll be aite. teaching moment/10

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Saw it in theaters ... i remember Saturday morning, me, my younger brother and my friend caught the bus to go to the theater. We get there early.. its like 1130, no line and they aint open yet. Movie was at 12.. So we decide to take a walk. We come back line down the block. We run into another kid from our school on line.. Saw the movie twice... Was shocked when Spike cursed..

I miss the good ol days when you could stay for a movie for two showings

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Closest these new kids have to a "wtf my heroes can die?? :damn:" flick is days of future past in that intro where all the xmen were getting clapped right out the gate

main-qimg-5fc86d754666f76d6eb314fd27044697

the kids in the row in front of me were SHOOK im trying to tell yal :pachaha: autobots xmen are bigger than optimus charles. they tough. they'll be aite. teaching moment/10
Breh that movie ruined my lil 5 year ol day. Kept waiting the whole movie for Prime to pop back up :mjlol:

It was dope though.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Does it hold up?

I've heard so much about this movie during podcasts and even irl I should make time to watch it, same with mask of the phantasm.