Transformers the animated movie is still amazing

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I love this fukking movie still to this day. Watched it this morning at work.

Transformers-1000x1480-web.jpg

"Transformers: The Movie" is a 1986 animated film based on the popular toy line and TV series, "Transformers." The movie was directed by Nelson Shin and produced by Sunbow Productions and Marvel Productions. The film was released in theaters in North America on August 8, 1986, and features the voice talents of many well-known actors, including Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, and Orson Welles in his final role before his death.

The plot of the movie is set in the year 2005, and follows the ongoing conflict between the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons. The Autobots learn of a plot by the Decepticons to use a massive planet-eating robot named Unicron to destroy the Autobot home planet of Cybertron. As the Autobots and Decepticons battle each other and Unicron, many beloved characters from the TV series are killed off, including Optimus Prime and Megatron, and new characters are introduced, including Hot Rod, who eventually becomes the new leader of the Autobots.

"Transformers: The Movie" was initially met with mixed reviews from critics and fans, but has since become a cult classic and is widely considered to be a defining moment in the franchise's history. The film's soundtrack, which includes songs by Stan Bush and "Weird Al" Yankovic, has also become a fan favorite

The first half is absolutely fantastic. The second half.....

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Does it hold up?

I've heard so much about this movie during podcasts and even irl I should make time to watch it, same with mask of the phantasm.

Haven't seen Mask of the phantasm in a hot sec. But unlike Transformers DC animation has been putting out top notch shyt in the years since. It would be hard pressed for "MOTP" to be better than something like "Under The Red Hood" let alone Batman non animated films too.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Saw it in theaters ... i remember Saturday morning, me, my younger brother and my friend caught the bus to go to the theater. We get there early.. its like 1130, no line and they aint open yet. Movie was at 12.. So we decide to take a walk. We come back line down the block. We run into another kid from our school on line.. Saw the movie twice... Was shocked when Spike cursed..

I miss the good ol days when you could stay for a movie for two showings
:mjlol: I mean, technically that's called theft but ok.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
:mjlol: I mean, technically that's called theft but ok.
:dead: that technique saved many nights. For example went to see Titanic with Some friends , an hour an change in was bored and had to take a leak, went to get some more snacks and ran into my boy he was heading into another room about to go re-watch Blade and told me yooo come over here brah that shyt :trash: and this is a Blassic. So I wrangled my crew and walked in right as the Blood sprinklers was going off and that techno music was hitting :dj2:

:krs: :gladbron: :krs: :gladbron: :krs:

:ohlawd: . We went like 4 times to see Blade that weekend. It was wild and it was in a Hood-adjacent theater so the late shows was wild as fruuuck.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
So I was bumping a podcast on this last night, and the Podcaster dropped some dope knowledge. Apparently the Autobots had all but lost the war. Prime wanted to make one last ditch effort to save the autobots. Thats why he sent Ironhide and Co back to earth. They needed energy. Autobot city was constructed on a huge dam and was generating energy for the Autobots, but they were depleted on the Moon bases, while the Decepticons had access to energon. Basically the Decepticons were running the show. Once Megatron intercepted the initial message, he put his plan into motion. If Hotrod and Daniel didn't sneak into look-out mountain, the Autobots would have been slaughtered without Prime ever knowing.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
So I was bumping a podcast on this last night, and the Podcaster dropped some dope knowledge. Apparently the Autobots had all but lost the war. Prime wanted to make one last ditch effort to save the autobots. Thats why he sent Ironhide and Co back to earth. They needed energy. Autobot city was constructed on a huge dam and was generating energy for the Autobots, but they were depleted on the Moon bases, while the Decepticons had access to energon. Basically the Decepticons were running the show. Once Megatron intercepted the initial message, he put his plan into motion. If Hotrod and Daniel didn't sneak into look-out mountain, the Autobots would have been slaughtered without Prime ever knowing.
All these years and didn't know that

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
All these years and didn't know that
That's why him and Ironhide, his second in command, were kind of arguing. Ironhide had serious apprehensions. Also makes Primes line more important. "All we need now is a little energon, and a lot of luck"... They were desperate.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

This was a review of the movie?