Tragic: 47 Percent Of Americans Don’t Have Just $400 Available For Emergencies

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
What if it's in Coli Cash tho? :mjcry:

Wage gap seems to be getting bigger and bigger and it'll continue if people are willing to do someone else's job for less pay. At my job, the company has saved so much by eliminating positions and recoding employees. They say you take this new position or this severance package. It's all a business. Get the most labor for the least expense. Hours getting cut across the board. These corporate folks know what they're doing. The less money they spend on staff means the more they can keep themselves. Problem is that with less pay and jobs, the economy doesn't grow. If one person can't afford to support another's business than the employees of that business suffer and it's a constant circle going from one business to another.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I stopped by the mall, today, to grab some new shoes. I purchased a pair of reasonably-priced shoes.

I saw nikkas exiting the store with 3-4 bags and then hitting up other stores.

nikkas love to love fresh.

The Black community will never get it together.

loooool i dunno why but this made me laugh

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Easy way i go about saving money that works for ME. Try it
  • Open another bank account with an online bank.
  • Destroy the debit card from said account.
  • Setup weekly automatic transfers from your CURRENT bank account to the new one mentioned above. (Personally I do $75 every Monday and $100 every payday. I get paid every 2 weeks)

Just dont think about it (you won't) and it will happen I was horrible at saving money until i decided to do this back in September. As of today i have saved ...$4,577.39
Trust me if i can do this, so can you. I also have a mutual fund account that i contribute to. Ive had it for years and it's over $10K now

for years? 10k? :scust:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
... if you have a job and can't put your hands on 400 thats your fault.

Bet these same people have name brand clothes, tons of food, and internet and cable.
it depends on the situation. If you are always buying clothes that's your fault. If you are not than its diff. People don't realize that when you are poor, yea you can have a savings but you got to dip into it more when you are broke

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
Easy way i go about saving money that works for ME. Try it
  • Open another bank account with an online bank.
  • Destroy the debit card from said account.
  • Setup weekly automatic transfers from your CURRENT bank account to the new one mentioned above. (Personally I do $75 every Monday and $100 every payday. I get paid every 2 weeks)

Just dont think about it (you won't) and it will happen I was horrible at saving money until i decided to do this back in September. As of today i have saved ...$4,577.39
Trust me if i can do this, so can you. I also have a mutual fund account that i contribute to. Ive had it for years and it's over $10K now
:ohhh:
I'ma try this. usually i just put $500 in my savings every check. i gotta start leaving my credit card at home too:wow::snoop:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:ohhh:
I'ma try this. usually i just put $500 in my savings every check. i gotta start leaving my credit card at home too:wow::snoop:
If you can afford $500 a check you're good. But i find that transferring it to an account in another bank that i dont have access too helps a lot. I dont see it and sometimes eve forget that it's there.

The automatic transfer part helps me keep it going without knowing

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
After I pay my monthly bills, whatever is leftover, gets saved in the bank. It's really not that hard to financially savy, but maybe it's just me.

*EDIT* If you have a job that matches your contribution to your 401k, use it. I have a certain percentage taken out of my check every payday that goes to my 401k. That's money that I don't even miss.

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bernie Sanders isn't lying when he says income inequality is the biggest moral issue of this generation :mjcrytwo:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
If you can afford $500 a check you're good. But i find that transferring it to an account in another bank that i dont have access too helps a lot. I dont see it and sometimes eve forget that it's there.

The automatic transfer part helps me keep it going without knowing
Why not just put that money into more investments?