Tragic: 47 Percent Of Americans Don’t Have Just $400 Available For Emergencies

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Doesn't matter bc humans will always complain that they don't have the next thing to survive. Just who we are :manny:

Motherfukkers will complain for asking as we are on this earth. I don't have my own horse, or I don't have my own personal spacefract. It's one and the same:jawalrus:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This is so prevalent. Damn props for even noticing this shyt.

if you dont want it hundreds will, i remember at my old job a summer 3 month contract was posted for like 14 a hour and there were 175 people who applied and some had their masters, 15 years of experience etc.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
if you dont want it hundreds will, i remember at my old job a summer 3 month contract was posted for like 14 a hour and there were 175 people who applied and some had their masters, 15 years of experience etc.
Ya but that's the issue. I know tons of peers with chemistry degrees and masters...did a shyt load of work to get there...but end up doing basic ass analytical work for no money just to have a job. There aren't anymore opportunities when India and China have taken over the industry labor.

You do what you gotta do to pay bills but its a slap in the face to do school, lab work then end up with a less rewarding job than you were doing in your school lab for peanuts.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Ya but that's the issue. I know tons of peers with chemistry degrees and masters...did a shyt load of work to get there...but end up doing basic ass analytical work for no money just to have a job. There aren't anymore opportunities when India and China have taken over the industry labor.

You do what you gotta do to pay bills but its a slap in the face to do school, lab work then end up with a less rewarding job than you were doing in your school lab for peanuts.

like that article i posted above companies would rather hire immigrant workers on visas and pay 4 to do what they used to pay 1 person to do.

Americans are used to jobs disappearing overseas, but this is a newer phenomena: white collar workers coming to the States on a temporary visa called H-1B, to replace American employees inside the States — mostly, so the company can cut costs.

its the same up here in canada tanveer and ravinder gettign paid 15 a hour for what Brad and Tyler were being paid 30 a hour to do

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I didn't realize how many people are really doing bad around me,haven't caught the bus in years,caught the shuttle the other day for the fukk of it to magic Johnson theater or whatever it's called now,everybody on that shuttle looked so bummy :scust: And unhealthy :scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
man thats not even funny, some people just dont know how to save or just borrow it or spend it

depends where u work tho tbh lets be reality

everyones situation is different, you can have a good job and lose it and struggle to get a new one and fall so far behind.

not everyone out here is splurging which is why they are paycheck to paycheck

i remember a few years ago i had a massive car accident, i had to get a new car as i needed it to get to work, i got like 8k but the car i bought cost 12, then a month later my insurance is up for renewal and the cheapest i could get was 800 and i was paying 300 before hand. so that was an extra 500 a month taken away, then i had a health scare and was on std only getting 60% of my salary it wasnt nice to say th eleast, luckily i lived at home or id have been screwed

Last edited: