Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
After thinking about it.

The only thing that makes sense is the organization was maybe feeling someway about Trey not being the athlete they thought he'd be. I'd argue maybe he is/was however, his issue was he didnt have a feel yet for when to use his athleticism which usually comes from experience. I mean even Lamar looked much better running the football in year 2. So it might have taken non injury Trey 2 or 3 years to figure it out.

I think after the loss to the Bears and the photos came out of him at a party with hoes the organization was really feeling some way about it. Then he breaks his ankle next game, an injury that has made Dak Prescott noticeably less mobile.

And after Purdy's success they were like fukk it.

Because if Sam Darnold is only a slightly better passer than Trey in camp what sense does it make to reward Sam over him? Most teams go with the more athletic guy who isnt that far off as a passer. However, this camp they've called zero run plays for Trey. So they wanted him to straight up beat Sam for the job in a pure throwing contest.

I dont think they truly intended to develop Trey as a true pocket passer yet. They were hoping he'd be just good enough and then use his athleticism for a few years to get by. Because you dont truly develop until you get GAME REPS.

They view him as damaged goods as a dual threat. Although he still has a higher throwing potential than Sam. And Brock tbh. Kyle dont want to wait and find out though.
Bottom line, the team over evaluated his entire skillset. Athleticism. Accuracy. Football IQ. Off field maturity.

No need to bleed this one out. They're admitting they failed and are ready to move on. Arguing about why Trey isn't the back-up QB is a sad safe of affairs for this fanbase :mjlol:

dza

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area.

I’m gonna be toxic from here on out

I’m got many objectives and agendas this season,

But my primary focus is gonna be to post more Grant Cohn post

And I’m gonna do the unthinkable…..

I gonna turn the greatest, most positive and BEST of us Niner Brehs into a villain in @dza

When I finish with him….. he’s gonna be something a cross between me, @jwonder and LastEMP

I might already be there breh :lupe:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bottom line, the team over evaluated his entire skillset. Athleticism. Accuracy. Football IQ. Off field maturity.

No need to bleed this one out. They're admitting they failed and are ready to move on. Arguing about why Trey isn't the back-up QB is a sad safe of affairs for this fanbase :mjlol:
This is what it ultimately comes down to

It was a misevaluation by the FO and Trey got overdrafted. It happens literally every year to every team but this one hits different because of the trade up and because he's a QB. So a section of the fanbase is gonna be outraged and I get it

A miss like this would usually get people fired. But...

This has to set a clock on Kyle’s employment. It is really Super Bowl or fired for him going forward.

I got some bad news for the Anti-Kyle brehs. As long as the team is winning playoff games every year, Jed ain't firing him even if he doesn't get a SB this year

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Only Andy Reid's Chiefs have won more playoff games (10) than Kyle's Niners (6) since 2019. Despite the Trey miss, Kyle's nowhere near the hot seat right now :manny:

Last edited:

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Daps
This is what it ultimately comes down to

It was a misevaluation by the FO and Trey got overdrafted. It happens literally every year to every team but this one hits different because of the trade up and because he's a QB. So a section of the fanbase is gonna be outraged and I get it

A miss like this would usually get people fired. But...

I got some bad news for the Anti-Kyle brehs. As long as the team is winning playoff games every year, Jed ain't firing him even if he doesn't get a SB this year

I've said before and I'll say it again: Only Andy Reid's Chiefs have won more playoff games (10) than Kyle's Niners (6) since 2019. Despite the Trey miss, Kyle's nowhere near the hot seat right now :manny:
A more balanced division can have the 49ers looking shaky in the light

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I don't think there's anything unusual or suspicious about what has happened. It's pretty simple to me.

We drafted Trey to be the franchise QB starting year 2. We gave him the reigns and he got injured. His replacement was very successful. We have a win-now roster and have to play the best QB to take advantage of our tight window. Brock is the best QB on the roster right now. Sam Darnold is the 2nd best QB on the roster right now. Trey Lance is the third best QB on the roster right now. If Brock played like shyt or our team was in rebuild mode, then Trey is probably starting this season again. We're not basing the QB rankings on what they've done in the past, we're basing it on who is most capable to run this offense right now. Darnold has often looked like shyt in the past but he's never played in this system with these weapons, so we don't know his ceiling or floor in this offense. From what we have seen in preseason games and camp reports, it's close but Sam has looked slightly better than Trey. It is what it is.
If that's the case, what was the point of drafting Lance who was an obvious biggest project out of all QBs and who would by default be worse than a lot of vet QBs without a lot of developing?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
After thinking about it.

The only thing that makes sense is the organization was maybe feeling someway about Trey not being the athlete they thought he'd be. I'd argue maybe he is/was however, his issue was he didnt have a feel yet for when to use his athleticism which usually comes from experience. I mean even Lamar looked much better running the football in year 2. So it might have taken non injury Trey 2 or 3 years to figure it out.

I think after the loss to the Bears and the photos came out of him at a party with hoes the organization was really feeling some way about it. Then he breaks his ankle next game, an injury that has made Dak Prescott noticeably less mobile.

And after Purdy's success they were like fukk it.

Because if Sam Darnold is only a slightly better passer than Trey in camp what sense does it make to reward Sam over him? Most teams go with the more athletic guy who isnt that far off as a passer. However, this camp they've called zero run plays for Trey. So they wanted him to straight up beat Sam for the job in a pure throwing contest.

I dont think they truly intended to develop Trey as a true pocket passer yet. They were hoping he'd be just good enough and then use his athleticism for a few years to get by. Because you dont truly develop until you get GAME REPS.

They view him as damaged goods as a dual threat. Although he still has a higher throwing potential than Sam. And Brock tbh. Kyle dont want to wait and find out though.
This does sound legit. But I'd hope when you trade this type of capital to get your guy and your guy has very few snaps of his career, you better be able to rattle all of them off when someone wakes you up in the middle of the night.

But yeah I can see the angle you're bringing up. Trey didn't run at the combine and his dual threat was against shytty competition where he could just run over guys in a lumbering style instead of evading them. Trey still falls awkwardly sometimes. This is something they should've picked up on.

Kyle is really trash at evaluating QB talent. He is on record saying after seeing Brock that he had no idea they had such a QB on the roster. Like mothetfukker, you're the HC and OC. How do you not know what your third string QB can do? I get it you don't give much reps to qb3 but damn. Just not a good look for Kyle as a coach.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I've never seen an argument about QB2 devolve into all this. Wasting all this energy on who QB2 is :mjlol:
It's really not about qb2 tho. It's about making what looks like the worst trade in Niners history and Niners basically giving up on Lance for the future. We all knew Brock would be the starter but Trey still appeared in teams plans were there something to happen to Brock. Not anymore.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Daps
If that's the case, what was the point of drafting Lance who was an obvious biggest project out of all QBs and who would by default be worse than a lot of vet QBs without a lot of developing?
Bc they have someone they think they win with now and he makes far less than Trey

Not hard to understand

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
their decision making is a joke. get someone else in there with sense with our roster if this shyt don't work this season.
This has to set a clock on Kyle’s employment. It is really Super Bowl or fired for him going forward.
I'm glad more people are getting on this wagon but as @Eric Brooks is saying, I'm :dead: at a QB2 competition being the thing that makes y'all finally go :ufdup: about Kyle and not his constant chocking or bad decision making in big playoffs games.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Bc they have someone they think they win with now and he makes far less than Trey

Not hard to understand
That's not the question I asked, clearly you can't comprehend my question.

The Niners were also win now in 2021 when they drafted Lance. They could've drafted Fields and Jones who were way more nfl ready. They chose to draft a guy who barely played. He was a long term project. So why did they go that route?

They literally could've picked up a vet QB whod be better than Lance at that moment. Or could've just stuck with Jimmy which they did anyway.

Even back then, people questioned an idea of project QB on a Superbowl or bust team.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm glad more people are getting on this wagon but as @Eric Brooks is saying, I'm :dead: at a QB2 competition being the thing that makes y'all finally go :ufdup: about Kyle and not his constant chocking or bad decision making in big playoffs games.

Oh no after that second superbowl he’s blown, I’m good on him.

My biggest issue with the Trey situation is how quickly they’ve given up on him considering what we gave up for him. Three games is all they needed to see to give Brock the keys :mjpls:

2 preseason games for Sam Darnold bum ass to be QB2

Passed on Fields, Watson, Mahomes

Clownery

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
They were following the Mahomes plan of developing on the bench rookie year, but yeah in hindsight it was one of the worst draft decisions of all time, and would have gotten just about any head coach in the league fired. But with Shanny the team didn't miss a beat and we're still one of the best teams in the league. We're as much a SB contender as any other team. Shanny is special. :wow:

That's the funny part, a lot of the fanbase are acting like the sky is on fire and Shanny has doomed us to the NFL basement...but we're actually a top 3 team making a legitimate SB push without Trey :heh: Other fanbases gotta be looking at us like we're crazy. We've been to 3 of the past 4 NFC Championships and people want to burn the whole thing down and fire the coach
UmusyKg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.