Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If that's the case, the question is still the same, just the timeline changes and nothing has happened at all besides Darnold becoming available.

Like sure, Trey is unproven but Darnold is a proven bust. Why is he even in the convo here ?
Did Brock's success get FO and Kyle thinking Trey is a lost cause ? But why Darnold out of all QBs ?

I can understand if they just gave up on Trey after seeing what Brock showed and think Brock is untouchable. Then OK, get a ready vet QB who is willing to sit behind and can play decently as a backup you can play in a pinch. The Teddy Bs, Jacoby Brisett's.

But bum ass Darnold ? shyt is insulting to Trey tbh. Darnold hasn't shown anything in his NFL career or training camp to make any fans think hes better than Lance. He has a very defined ceiling and he is just learning the offense.

I really want to know when the disillusionment with Trey actually happened. Was this disillusionment pre Brock or post Brock ? Was the FO actually secretly afraid of Trey completely fukking up when they re-signed Jimmy ?

Thry signed Darnold evening minutes of free agency. They wanted him badly. It makes no sense to me. If Purdy is the guy, why not bring in an established backup to mentor? Kyle has never made sense the way he treats the QB position. Better hit on Purdy.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So would Kyle have even thought to bring Jameis Winston in and gave him the same opportunity?
Former #1 pick, actually had more success than Sam, only a couple years older. Like would he have risked derailing Trey's development for that?

absolutely-fukking-not-no.gif

We all know the answer. To be honest I was shocked we drafted Trey cuz I know “type” of QBs Kyle likes.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
If that's the case, the question is still the same, just the timeline changes and nothing has happened at all besides Darnold becoming available.

Like sure, Trey is unproven but Darnold is a proven bust. Why is he even in the convo here ?
Did Brock's success get FO and Kyle thinking Trey is a lost cause ? But why Darnold out of all QBs ?

I can understand if they just gave up on Trey after seeing what Brock showed and think Brock is untouchable. Then OK, get a ready vet QB who is willing to sit behind and can play decently as a backup you can play in a pinch. The Teddy Bs, Jacoby Brisett's.

But bum ass Darnold ? shyt is insulting to Trey tbh. Darnold hasn't shown anything in his NFL career or training camp to make any fans think hes better than Lance. He has a very defined ceiling and he is just learning the offense.

I really want to know when the disillusionment with Trey actually happened. Was this disillusionment pre Brock or post Brock ? Was the FO actually secretly afraid of Trey completely fukking up when they re-signed Jimmy ?
I don't think there's anything unusual or suspicious about what has happened. It's pretty simple to me.

We drafted Trey to be the franchise QB starting year 2. We gave him the reigns and he got injured. His replacement was very successful. We have a win-now roster and have to play the best QB to take advantage of our tight window. Brock is the best QB on the roster right now. Sam Darnold is the 2nd best QB on the roster right now. Trey Lance is the third best QB on the roster right now. If Brock played like shyt or our team was in rebuild mode, then Trey is probably starting this season again. We're not basing the QB rankings on what they've done in the past, we're basing it on who is most capable to run this offense right now. Darnold has often looked like shyt in the past but he's never played in this system with these weapons, so we don't know his ceiling or floor in this offense. From what we have seen in preseason games and camp reports, it's close but Sam has looked slightly better than Trey. It is what it is.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Sam Darnold is ASS and did nothing special to get the second string job.

The big earred fakkit had him second no matter what. I don't like this cracker

"Lance's preseason numbers are largely better than Darnold's. While his completion percentage (66.7) was lower than Darnold's (72.7), Lance threw one more touchdown pass and had a higher passer rating (101.2 to 95.5)"

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think there's anything unusual or suspicious about what has happened. It's pretty simple to me.

We drafted Trey to be the franchise QB starting year 2. We gave him the reigns and he got injured. His replacement was very successful. We have a win-now roster and have to play the best QB to take advantage of our tight window. Brock is the best QB on the roster right now. Sam Darnold is the 2nd best QB on the roster right now. Trey Lance is the third best QB on the roster right now. If Brock played like shyt or our team was in rebuild mode, then Trey is probably starting this season again. We're not basing the QB rankings on what they've done in the past, we're basing it on who is most capable to run this offense right now. Darnold has often looked like shyt in the past but he's never played in this system with these weapons, so we don't know his ceiling or floor in this offense. From what we have seen in preseason games and camp reports, it's close but Sam has looked slightly better than Trey. It is what it is.

Trey Lance is not the 3rd best QB on the roster. They needed Darnold to be QB2, so they made sure of it. They been doing a lot of lying though and that can not be disputed.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Trey Lance is not the 3rd best QB on the roster. They needed Darnold to be QB2, so they made sure of it. They been doing a lot of lying though and that can not be disputed.
Why did they need Darnold to be QB2?

• Dap
Reactions: dza

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

After thinking about it.

The only thing that makes sense is the organization was maybe feeling someway about Trey not being the athlete they thought he'd be. I'd argue maybe he is/was however, his issue was he didnt have a feel yet for when to use his athleticism which usually comes from experience. I mean even Lamar looked much better running the football in year 2. So it might have taken non injury Trey 2 or 3 years to figure it out.

I think after the loss to the Bears and the photos came out of him at a party with hoes the organization was really feeling some way about it. Then he breaks his ankle next game, an injury that has made Dak Prescott noticeably less mobile.

And after Purdy's success they were like fukk it.

Because if Sam Darnold is only a slightly better passer than Trey in camp what sense does it make to reward Sam over him? Most teams go with the more athletic guy who isnt that far off as a passer. However, this camp they've called zero run plays for Trey. So they wanted him to straight up beat Sam for the job in a pure throwing contest.

I dont think they truly intended to develop Trey as a true pocket passer yet. They were hoping he'd be just good enough and then use his athleticism for a few years to get by. Because you dont truly develop until you get GAME REPS.

They view him as damaged goods as a dual threat. Although he still has a higher throwing potential than Sam. And Brock tbh. Kyle dont want to wait and find out though.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So we’re keeping Allen over Lance…..??????

Whoa. That is fukking brutal. How do you justify that

Status
Not open for further replies.