Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Kyle's playing CMC in this game reflects his true assessment of Purdy. It seems like he's been using CMC's influence on a defense to declare outcomes for Purdy and we lost that when he was gone.

The Viking defense is not Cleveland's defense, but my concern for this game is it looks like the NFL DCs have found trends on Purdy that they can take advantage of and it gets worse when CMC isn't there.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Kyle's playing CMC in this game reflects his true assessment of Purdy. It seems like he's been using CMC's influence on a defense to declare outcomes for Purdy and we lost that when he was gone.

The Viking defense is not Cleveland's defense, but my concern for this game is it looks like the NFL DCs have found trends on Purdy that they can take advantage of and it gets worse when CMC isn't there.

I don't think it's that teams found trends, you are right that CMC is the key to unlocking the offense though. If you watch the Cleveland game again, I went back and rewatched it and also watched the all 22(just the offense) to see what I can pull from it and Purdy was off. It wasn't that the defense dictated anything Purdy himself did more so that it was the run blocking and pass protection was pretty ass. But honestly Purdy just straight up missed some throws that he'd been making all year. Also the big thing was we kept killing ourselves with drive killing penalties. Starting out 1st and 15 and 1st and 20 and 2nd and 15 or 20 killed us on at least 4 drives. Those are things we can clean up. Now if everything we tried to do was stuffed and there were no passing lanes I'd be concerned but we really hurt ourselves on numerous drives and easily should have scored 10-14 more points outside of the missed field goal at the end but those were literally just bad throws by Purdy, even the pick, that was behind an open receiver. Those games happen from time to time, and sometimes teams will play the game of their lives like Cleveland did where all the stars line up for them.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It has nothing to do with Purdy. Shanny was having Purdy drop back and pass late in the 4th last week when we didn't need him to. That tells you right there that Shanny is confident in Purdy no matter who is in the backfield.

And Purdy did drive them down there to kick the game winner. Why do some fans make believe that the loss wasn't on Moody? It was 100% on Moody. Everyone else did their job in that game except the kicker blowing a 41-yarder.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I'd love to add something at the trade deadline this year. I wish there was an available tackle because we're wasting a key piece of the offense because McKivitz needs help all game. His stats don't look bad but that's because he's got Kittle doing half of his job for him. With Kittle chipping and release blocking, it doesn't allow for him to get in the flow of the offense because of how quickly the plays develop.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
It has nothing to do with Purdy. Shanny was having Purdy drop back and pass late in the 4th last week when we didn't need him to. That tells you right there that Shanny is confident in Purdy no matter who is in the backfield.

And Purdy did drive them down there to kick the game winner. Why do some fans make believe that the loss wasn't on Moody? It was 100% on Moody. Everyone else did their job in that game except the kicker blowing a 41-yarder.

Lol well the main belief is it shouldn't have gotten to the point of being up to a kicker. I agree to a point that it shouldn't be all on him, but at the same time, that's literally his only job. Make kicks

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Lol well the main belief is it shouldn't have gotten to the point of being up to a kicker. I agree to a point that it shouldn't be all on him, but at the same time, that's literally his only job. Make kicks

It got to that point because of the bullshyt penalty on Cleveland's final drive. The game was essentially over up 17-13 and a 4th a long coming up. The penalty set things in motion. But then Purdy drives them down there anyway. Aiyuk was outstanding on the final drive.

Moody's only job is to kick and they got him a 41-yard attempt. That's not a long kick. That's a kick that a good kicker should make 90% of the time.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Let's be real for a second. I don't want to continue to harp on Moody but how many games did Vinatieri win for Brady and them? How many games in recent years has Tucker won for the Lamar/Harbaugh regime?

Nobody says that Brady should have scored a TD or they should have gotten closer because the offense's job in these situations is to set the kicker up with a good look and that's it. There's not enough time to get cute.

A good kicker makes a 41-yarder. It's not Shanny or anyone else's fault except Moody.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Refs played a huge role in the loss also.

I hate to blame refs but they were awful all game long. They were just as bad yesterday when the Browns beat the Colts yesterday, that shyt was so bad that I felt bad for Indy. They won that game twice.
It got to that point because of the bullshyt penalty on Cleveland's final drive. The game was essentially over up 17-13 and a 4th a long coming up. The penalty set things in motion. But then Purdy drives them down there anyway. Aiyuk was outstanding on the final drive.

Moody's only job is to kick and they got him a 41-yard attempt. That's not a long kick. That's a kick that a good kicker should make 90% of the time.

I do agree. At the end we had the equivalent of an extra point pretty much. Nevermind that Moody is a 3rd rounder... an undrafted kicker should have made that. It's not easy but it's as easy as it gets as a kicker on the road for a win. But the funny thing is, I just had a feeling he was gonna miss it for some reason

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Let's be real for a second. I don't want to continue to harp on Moody but how many games did Vinatieri win for Brady and them? How many games in recent years has Tucker won for the Lamar/Harbaugh regime?

Nobody says that Brady should have scored a TD or they should have gotten closer because the offense's job in these situations is to set the kicker up with a good look and that's it. There's not enough time to get cute.

A good kicker makes a 41-yarder. It's not Shanny or anyone else's fault except Moody.

Vinatieri makes that kick 100/100 times. Hell, so does Robbie

calh45

Cal
Daps
I don't think it's that teams found trends, you are right that CMC is the key to unlocking the offense though. If you watch the Cleveland game again, I went back and rewatched it and also watched the all 22(just the offense) to see what I can pull from it and Purdy was off. It wasn't that the defense dictated anything Purdy himself did more so that it was the run blocking and pass protection was pretty ass. But honestly Purdy just straight up missed some throws that he'd been making all year. Also the big thing was we kept killing ourselves with drive killing penalties. Starting out 1st and 15 and 1st and 20 and 2nd and 15 or 20 killed us on at least 4 drives. Those are things we can clean up. Now if everything we tried to do was stuffed and there were no passing lanes I'd be concerned but we really hurt ourselves on numerous drives and easily should have scored 10-14 more points outside of the missed field goal at the end but those were literally just bad throws by Purdy, even the pick, that was behind an open receiver. Those games happen from time to time, and sometimes teams will play the game of their lives like Cleveland did where all the stars line up for them.
:ohhh:

Where you get the all 22??

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

NFL+ premium. :mjlol: I pay for it bc I'm a football junkie but I'm also a D-coordinator and secondary coach so it helps when I can show film of concepts because kids these days act like they can't comprehend playcalls so I literally watch games and piece schemes together from different teams so NFL+ pays for itself in my case. Cheapest way to get game tape, the college I played for sends me tape too but them nikkas is trash, I usually just delete that shyt 😂.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps

NFL+ premium. :mjlol: I pay for it bc I'm a football junkie but I'm also a D-coordinator and secondary coach so it helps when I can show film of concepts because kids these days act like they can't comprehend playcalls so I literally watch games and piece schemes together from different teams so NFL+ pays for itself in my case. Cheapest way to get game tape, the college I played for sends me tape too but them nikkas is trash, I usually just delete that shyt 😂.

I have NFL+ and still haven’t watched the all 22 film.

That was one of the reasons I pay for that shyt :heh:

Also Redzone to watch my parlays fail :mjcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.