Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yea man…. Hope we keep the pressure

It’s crazy next weekend can set a few team records too
It's gonna be raining all weekend on Cleveland breh so don't expect anything out of that game. We can only pray we don't get any big injury with a fukked up field.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
It's gonna be raining all weekend on Cleveland breh so don't expect anything out of that game. We can only pray we don't get any big injury with a fukked up field.
I expect the D to have some turnovers though, even if Watson does play. They are starting to click. Wilks is getting it done like I thought he would.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I expect the D to have some turnovers though, even if Watson does play. They are starting to click. Wilks is getting it done like I thought he would.
To be honest I don't even care about the result of the game. It's an early east coast trip with bad weather, anything can happen. My only concern are big, season defining injuries.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Next time we bring up tweets with PPF's rankings

:dead:

Plus it was 3 of 4 targets (the pass to Cooks that was out of bounds)

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

We gotta get that slot position cleaned up, I want to say we do but who knows after that last game. I don't want Lenoir playing inside anymore, he's shown enough to play full time on the outside. I like Oliver more than some here do, but he just doesn't have the speed, he's good on short plays but a liability in the deep game. I bet he'd be a decent safety to be honest. Thomas should be able to play the slot also but for some reason they keep putting him outside. Playing the slot in this defense is the easiest way to disguise liabilities in coverage because of our linebackers.

I like the design of the defense, we've been looking better and the secondary looks better than it did last year.

I also can't take much from the Cowboys game as far as our defense because Dallas' gameplan was ass from the beginning. That was literally a failure from coaching to QB play. McCarthy had no answers once we took away the underneath stuff. It's like he watched tape on us and thought he was going to catch us off guard by shaping his gameplan around what we do best. That's damn near a fireable offense. That's like me stepping in the ring with Mike Tyson and telling them to take HIS gloves off but also have them tie one of my arms behind my back, then saying he gets a free shot before I can hit back.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Next time we bring up tweets with PPF's rankings

:dead:

Plus it was 3 of 4 targets (the pass to Cooks that was out of bounds)

That shyt is basically the same shyt nba Stat nerds use to say Russell Westbrook is the greatest player of all time analytically. The eye test tells me more than anything.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I also can't take much from the Cowboys game as far as our defense because Dallas' gameplan was ass from the beginning. That was literally a failure from coaching to QB play. McCarthy had no answers once we took away the underneath stuff. It's like he watched tape on us and thought he was going to catch us off guard by shaping his gameplan around what we do best. That's damn near a fireable offense.
I also couldn't understand why they put Parsons against the right side of our OL. Burford and McKivitz would've been holding and allowing sacks in at least 3-4 plays against Micah.

It was pretty noticeable that our game plan was going straight at him though, just as you and @yseJ predicted :obama:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
looks like no deshaun watson this week vs the 9ers but i have a feeling it's going to be a close one. i know the ravens killed the browns in cleveland but with an extra week to prepare for this i think the browns defense will step it up.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I also couldn't understand why they put Parsons against the right side of our OL. Burford and McKivitz would've been holding and allowing sacks in at least 3-4 plays against Micah.

It was pretty noticeable that our game plan was going straight at him though, just as you and @yseJ predicted :obama:

You know what I think. He's probably like a basketball player that can't go left. Same way a right tackle doesn't always translate to a great left tackle. He's probably right side dominant. I don't know that for a fact but I do know there are some players that only felt comfortable on a certain side. He was also probably too confident in his ability.
:heh: and yeah regardless of what people say about him, he's a liability in the run.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
We gotta get that slot position cleaned up, I want to say we do but who knows after that last game. I don't want Lenoir playing inside anymore, he's shown enough to play full time on the outside. I like Oliver more than some here do, but he just doesn't have the speed, he's good on short plays but a liability in the deep game. I bet he'd be a decent safety to be honest. Thomas should be able to play the slot also but for some reason they keep putting him outside. Playing the slot in this defense is the easiest way to disguise liabilities in coverage because of our linebackers.

I like the design of the defense, we've been looking better and the secondary looks better than it did last year.

I also can't take much from the Cowboys game as far as our defense because Dallas' gameplan was ass from the beginning. That was literally a failure from coaching to QB play. McCarthy had no answers once we took away the underneath stuff. It's like he watched tape on us and thought he was going to catch us off guard by shaping his gameplan around what we do best. That's damn near a fireable offense. That's like me stepping in the ring with Mike Tyson and telling them to take HIS gloves off but also have them tie one of my arms behind my back, then saying he gets a free shot before I can hit back.
Idk Lenoir has a lot of PAC 12 Bumness in him. We got like 100 CB's that should be getting burn. Secondary isn't the weak link anymore no that bum ass Tartt and Ward are gone. I see this defense getting better each week. They will be the turnover kings this year I predict.
To be honest I don't even care about the result of the game. It's an early east coast trip with bad weather, anything can happen. My only concern are big, season defining injuries.
Weather or location never determined injuries though. Plenty happened over the years without said conditions.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That shyt is basically the same shyt nba Stat nerds use to say Russell Westbrook is the greatest player of all time analytically. The eye test tells me more than anything.
Lol this isn't true, analytics didn't like Russ at all.

Pff grades per snap on a - 2 to +2, so if you got three amazing plays that's max of +6. If you played 35 snaps and few of those were -1, the grade goes down.

With that said, I have no clue how they normalize it to 100 and it looks sus like often they fitting data to a narrative. I liked the old grading where they were transparent. Now that pff grades are citied in player contract negotiation... :hubie:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

They put him on the right side a few times. But Niners often put juice on him or the ball was out really quick. That's one thing about Brock. He feels the pressure usually and gets rid off the ball fast with anticipation throws.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Lol this isn't true, analytics didn't like Russ at all.

Pff grades per snap on a - 2 to +2, so if you got three amazing plays that's max of +6. If you played 35 snaps and few of those were -1, the grade goes down.

With that said, I have no clue how they normalize it to 100 and it looks sus like often they fitting data to a narrative. I liked the old grading where they were transparent. Now that pff grades are citied in player contract negotiation... :hubie:

:leon:I honestly never knew how they graded that shyt because I think there's too much focus on it these days. I look at games as a fan now and try to bring a layman's point of view here but I never cared outside of that. :lolbron: I would look at a game and think somebody played well then next thing you know, their PFF grade was dog shyt. And I wasn't serious about Westbrook, I just know that season he averaged a triple double was statistically like the 3rd or 4th best season of all time or sonething like that,(I don't remember 100%) even though the team was trash. I'm no expert on that stuff though to be honest so I believe you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.