Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I said this shyt before the season started. Extremely rare for a rookie to come in and play to to the speed of the game that fast. Also extremely rare that a rookie commands an offense with no hiccups along the way either.

It's just luck because this just does not happen. Look at all the rookies that played Sunday. None of them looked Super confident and aware of the offense to a tee.

Purdy played 4 years at Iowa St. You can't teach that experience. He has a lot of reps in high pressure situations.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

The way Brock releases the ball before the WR has even started to break or look for the ball is so damn refreshing. Jimmy and the other QBs we've had always waited for dudes to be open and THEN make the throw (I remember Jimmy not being like that at first but as injuries piled on he want away from that kind of confidence) which made a lot of passes be late or get picked.

Last edited:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

The way he got through there so easily, almost unblocked, he probably thought it was a screen. When there's a screen you don't come after the qb, you play the back and read the line to see if they release. If they release then you know it's a screen but he realized they were pass blocking. So, I'm assuming he probably had to double check to make sure

Nice…..

And not handing this off to our football analysts @Heretic

Breh break this down in common language for all those in here that don’t get it:lolbron:

:heh: I gotcha. Basically they're saying the league doesn't use fullbacks anymore and we do. Literally that's about it.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I was saying this during preseason. Purdy showed me enough last year with his ability to extend plays. He's better than some posters wanted to give him credit for and he WILL let the ball fly beyond 20 yards if it's there. No he doesn't have a great arm but he throws a better deep ball than Jimmy did.

As long as he can throw it 30-40 yds in the air, that really more than enough. One thing I know is that QBs without strong arms release the ball quicker to compensate. They're usually taught that, like on an out route, if you don't have the arm to drive it then throw it as soon as he hits his break. The result is literally the same. Same thing Drew Brees used to do. Don't have a missle launcher for an arm then just throw it a half second sooner.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Purdy played 4 years at Iowa St. You can't teach that experience. He has a lot of reps in high pressure situations.
Nope. Still has nothing to do with adjusting to speed of the game so quickly. Plenty of QB's played four years at college, but didn't look like veterans their rookie year. Peyton Manning is one of them. You saw that he definitely had the IT factor, but he wasn't nowhere as crisp. I think his TDs matched his INTS his rookie year. I've really only saw this with Brady, Herbert and Purdy. I'm sure there is more, but not much more. It's anomaly for a rookie QB to come in and be able to adjust to the speed and defense in the NFL.

Niners just lucked out. They have piss poor eyes for talent in the 1st(not Trey yet because he was poorly developed) and 2nd round, but for some reason do better in the 3rd(when not picking a RB) and later rounds. The should just trade their first and seconds for players and later round picks tbh.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Niners just lucked out. They have piss poor eyes for talent in the 1st(not Trey yet because he was poorly developed) and 2nd round, but for some reason do better in the 3rd(when not picking a RB).
Breh, what would it take for you to believe the Niners made a good pick? I'm talking about future drafts.

I ask because for you it seems it's either a dumb pick that ended in a bust or a reach, or just a lucky break they got a good player when they picked one. I'm not sure you'll ever say the Niners did something good consciously :dead:

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Breh, what would it take for you to believe the Niners made a good pick? I'm talking about future drafts.

I ask because for you it seems it's either a dumb pick that ended in a bust or a reach, or just a lucky break they got a good player when they picked one. I'm not sure you'll ever say the Niners did something good consciously :dead:
If you miss 90% of the time and only hit 10%, he has a point about luck :manny:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Breh, what would it take for you to believe the Niners made a good pick? I'm talking for future drafts.

I think your English comprehension is really subpar. You look at the first and second round picks, the majority were terrible. I literally posted they pick better in later rounds which is true.

The luck part is having a Rookie QB to come in and play so well right away. Does that happen all time? :childplease:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Nope. Still has nothing to do with adjusting to speed of the game so quickly. Plenty of QB's played four years at college, but didn't look like veterans their rookie year. Peyton Manning is one of them. You saw that he definitely had the IT factor, but he wasn't nowhere as crisp. I think his TDs matched his INTS his rookie year. I've really only saw this with Brady, Herbert and Purdy. I'm sure there is more, but not much more. It's anomaly for a rookie QB to come in and be able to adjust to the speed and defense in the NFL.

You can't compare Peyton Manning. He had a pretty bad team around him and the rules were also different when Peyton entered the league. Offenses that threw a lot back then were more likely to turn the ball over at a higher rate.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think your English comprehension is really subpar. You look at the first and second round picks, the majority were terrible. I literally posted they pick better in later rounds which is true.

The luck part is having a Rookie QB to come in and play so well right away. Does that happen all time? :childplease:
Of course we were lucky with Purdy, who the fukk would argue against that?

But I've never seen you praise the Niners for a draft pick, you either say we got lucky or we whiffed. And I'm just asking you what it would take for a "they did a good job with that one" :dead:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Those are the things that the combine can't measure. Dude got the pocket awareness of Spider-Mane. He gets rid of the ball quick which compensates for his lack of arm strength and he avoids unnecessary sacks very well. You'll still get to him but he knows how to use space.

Yup

Amni the only one who thought that Deebo catch was meabt for George? :skip:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yup

Amni the only one who thought that Deebo catch was meabt for George? :skip:
Nah. If you look the all 22, by the time Brock starts positioning himself to throw the ball, George wasn't a possible target and Deebo was right in front of Purdy with enough separation for a pass.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
You can't compare Peyton Manning. He had a pretty bad team around him and the rules were also different when Peyton entered the league. Offenses that threw a lot back then were more likely to turn the ball over at a higher rate.
It doesn't matter if you have a good team or not. You just don't see a Rookie come in and look like a veteran normally.

Eli Manning stayed four years and had a better team with the Giants. Still looked like a Rookie when he was a Rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.