Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I don’t see any difference in arm talent between Brock and Jimmy. Jimmy might actually have a stronger arm right now. Brock can make more plays outside the pocket, but once again is limited in the type of throws he can make in that scenario due to lack of arm Strength.

Brock you take away the left and middle of field and force him right and force him to make plays from the pocket he will become an interception machine.
Jimmy and Brock are variations on the same theme, but Purdy has more confidence and is more aggressive with his decision making. He's also far more creative than Jimmy has been for most of his tenure here. He can actually make off-schedule plays. I don't see much difference in their arm strength, I just think Purdy had the reins Kyle put on Jimmy over the past few seasons taken off. And even Jimmy looked like the best version of himself in 2022 before he got injured, Kyle was taking off his reins as well.

Either way, Kyle's offense doesn't require deep shots to counteract stacked boxes, it requires intermediate accuracy, which Brock and Prime Jimmy could both do. You don't need a big arm to hit an open Kittle or Aiyuk on a 15 yard crosser or post. We'll see about his limitations and how defenses play him, but if he plays like he did last year he will be good enough to steer this QB-friendly offense.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
that tells you how scared I am!!! :damn:

SAM DARNOLD IS WAITING IN THE WINGS!!!!!!! :damn:

the-office-michael-scott.gif
I'm going on the record now...if Sam Darnold has to come in for Brock this season, he will play the best ball he's ever played in his career and the team will be fine :sas2:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
It's possible when your hopes hinge on a QB that has played 8 games. Could be 5 wins or 13.

Normally I would agree but I don't think Brock Purdy is a one hit wonder and we have the best collection of offensive playmakers in the league top to bottom and the defense is elite.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
meanwhile in Houston....

Texans S Jimmie Ward (hip) did not practice Thursday.
Ward has now missed two-straight practices to begin the week and is at risk of missing Sunday’s Week 1 matchup against the Ravens. While Ward’s injury isn’t believed to be serious, it’s possible head coach DeMeco Ryans gives him additional time to heal up. Safety Eric Murray would likely serve as Ward’s replacement if he’s unable to go.

@jwonder like clockwork bum already hurt :francis:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Im going to be camping out in this thread

Cowboy fan tuneingin

:mjgrin:

You act like y'all ain't gonna be tense over there with McCarthy calling plays again. He made Aaron Rodgers pedestrian so what you think he's gonna do with Dak and Pollard?

:russ:

It’s just him though…. He don’t know me @jwonder @Big dikk @Ishlibidish23 and MONGA already declared WAR on them and we already got real estate in they thread! :mjgrin:

@calh45 anytime you wanna enter dont worry bout it.

Go head and sit on they couch and put your feet on the table :lolbron:

This YO couch

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
You act like y'all ain't gonna be tense over there with McCarthy calling plays again. He made Aaron Rodgers pedestrian so what you think he's gonna do with Dak and Pollard?

I’m here for the jokes :mjgrin:

I don’t like Michigan
I was rooting for y’all when y’all had Kap

I hate rodgers more for what he did to us than the 49ers

Last edited:

calh45

Cal
Daps
I’m here for the jokes :mjgrin:

I don’t like Michigan
I was rooting for y’all when y’all had Kap

I hate rodgers more for what he did to us than the 49ers
Oh. You're doing to us what I'm doing to Jets and Ravens threads. If the Jets go 0-2 to start the season I'm gonna be GLUED to they thread.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Jimmy and Brock are variations on the same theme, but Purdy has more confidence and is more aggressive with his decision making. He's also far more creative than Jimmy has been for most of his tenure here. He can actually make off-schedule plays. I don't see much difference in their arm strength, I just think Purdy had the reins Kyle put on Jimmy over the past few seasons taken off. And even Jimmy looked like the best version of himself in 2022 before he got injured, Kyle was taking off his reins as well.

Either way, Kyle's offense doesn't require deep shots to counteract stacked boxes, it requires intermediate accuracy, which Brock and Prime Jimmy could both do. You don't need a big arm to hit an open Kittle or Aiyuk on a 15 yard crosser or post. We'll see about his limitations and how defenses play him, but if he plays like he did last year he will be good enough to steer this QB-friendly offense.
The point is truly Elite Offenses make defenses cover the entire field. It’s not about actually throwing the ball deep 20x a game, it’s the threat that the QB can throw the ball over the top at anytime that the defense has to respect. When you Lack arm strength to make all the throws you are literally limiting the offense by default because Defenses don’t have to worry about covering the entire field. Football 101

If the Run game struggles Week 1 Brock is going to struggle and get exposed against this Pitt defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.