Tory Lanez spends 35k in a store that racially profiled him to prove a point

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If you go into a store and an employee of the store treats you poorly, are you going to spend your money there or take your money elsewhere?
This has happened to me in Bloomingdales and saks in SF a few times, and I've checked the employees - reminded them of what they make per hour and they need to profile themselves cuz they can't buy shyt from those stores and kindly let them know my qualifications to be there. Got an apology from a dept manager once. Treat me poorly I'm going full a$$hole on you.
torylanez-e1444624218998.jpg

if i saw this coming into my louie store, id be :merchant: too and...
The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg
I'd think it was a rapper/drug dealer coming to show his worth thru the purchase of frivolous name brand shyt. :manny:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not trynna defend TL but in all fairness maybe when the next black person walks in that store, he wont get racially profiled and harassed because of that?:ld:

Not all things can be fixed with a "fukk you cracker, suck my dikk" cuz at best all they do is respond like :manny: "I guess you are what we thought you were n*gger" and then double down on the next black person they approach.

:whoa:Not defending but just saying....

a lesson was learned:hubie:

Martha

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
this is something that goes over a lot of peoples heads.
Its not so much that you may be black...its the way youre dressed and carry yourself.

When im dressed for work...people dont even look twice at me.

But if youre dressed like a rapper?
WTF you think people are going to think?
Especially nowadays when its not uncommon for a bunch of kids to run in a store and rush out w/ whatever they can fit in their hands.

Plus...this dude called the white man a N!gga...WTF? :hhh:

Yall really expect people to respect someone like that?
If im out somewhere w/ my fam...and then a bunch of rowdy ass dudes walk in talking about N1gga this, and n!gga that...you best believe ima look at them funny.
Um, no to the first bolded. I live in the bay where everyone dresses pretty casual, the highest paying jobs out here aren't ones that require a business suit. I shouldn't have to walk in a store in my best church clothes to be treated with civility when I see a blonde over at the next counter in workout gear having her ass kissed. You better get some more pride about you. Yea, if you look like you been living on the street for a week, I can see this, but if I got in flip flops jeans and a t (the California uniform basically) you better treat me like every other bytch in here.

To the second, bet you don't look at a group of loud rowdy white guys the same :mjpls:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
When most of the coli wakes up in the morning and sees this thread they're going to skip over this post and keep going with the original theme of the thread
As they should:what:

He still willingly spent a large sum of money in an establishment that profiled him:what:

Stop defending this stupid shyt:what:

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
:king: Kendrick got a song called Humble and you smart dumb hip hop heads were just going in on him for not buying his sister some dumb extravagant car. Yet somehow I'm suppose to believe Kendrick is gonna pull some out of character shyt like this...just because.

I don't give a fukk what he buys his sister :gucci:

It's not about what he would or wouldn't do. If he did it y'all wouldn't react this way . Kendrick is just an example nikka, pick any other rapper y'all worship

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Um, no to the first bolded. I live in the bay where everyone dresses pretty casual, the highest paying jobs out here aren't ones that require a business suit. I shouldn't have to walk in a store in my best church clothes to be treated with civility when I see a blonde over at the next counter in workout gear having her ass kissed. You better get some more pride about you. Yea, if you look like you been living on the street for a week, I can see this, but if I got in flip flops jeans and a t (the California uniform basically) you better treat me like every other bytch in here.

To the second, bet you don't look at a group of loud rowdy white guys the same :mjpls:
Would you let someone that looks like Torey Lanez be your lawyer?

its not about pride...its about common sense.

Look how Torey Lanez carries himself...
...only thing me and him have in common are we are both black..but I dont act like him.
You arent living in reality if you dont think how you present yourself should matter.

Or are you saying we are all the same? :mjpls:

Rowdy white people? Yes...they get judged.
If a bunch of country white folks walk in a high end store (in the city)...you best believe people judge them.

People get judged for a number of reasons...
...weight...height, clothes, speech...body language...etc...

Thats reality.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
how do you know it was because she was black?
If I remember right...she walked in w/ no makeup and regular ass clothes.

Thats not how most people walk into stores that sell $30K purses
Lol...you need makeup to buy a 30k purse? And any of oprahs "regular" clothes are still top of the line. Those shows that clocked celeb purchase used to show the price of shyt like sweats, cargo pants, etc. her regular shyt ain't old navy, it's $200 jeans, $400 board shorts, etc. was she supposed to be wearing a ballgown?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As they should:what:

He still willingly spent a large sum of money in an establishment that profiled him:what:

Stop defending this stupid shyt:what:
I'm not defending anything :WillCosby:

Go back to listening to music on the radio you don't like

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Would you let someone that looks like Torey Lanez be your lawyer?

its not about pride...its about common sense.

Look how Torey Lanez carries himself...
...only thing me and him have in common are we are both black..but I dont act like him.
You arent living in reality if you dont think how you present yourself should matter.

Or are you saying we are all the same? :mjpls:

Rowdy white people? Yes...they get judged.
If a bunch of country white folks walk in a high end store (in the city)...you best believe people judge them.

People get judged for a number of reasons...
...weight...height, clothes, speech...body language...etc...

Thats reality.
what do you mean carries himself? I have no idea how he was acting when he walked in the door and couldn't get serviced, I've become quite uncivil in situations where I've been treated poorly so I can't call it by his antics on camera. If I'm supposed to think he should be treated poorly cuz of tats and golds, well no...id be on the other end sterotyping him as a rapper and expecting him to spend money. At the least say hello and acknowledge them if they need help, no one is saying the rep should have been up his ass grinning and giving him a personal tour. You can be civil while having your doubts.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where's that meme with the Black man showing money to a white man talking about "you're gonna take my money whether you like it or not" or something like that

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
what do you mean carries himself? I have no idea how he was acting when he walked in the door and couldn't get serviced, I've become quite uncivil in situations where I've been treated poorly so I can't call it by his antics on camera. If I'm supposed to think he should be treated poorly cuz of tats and golds, well no...id be on the other end sterotyping him as a rapper and expecting him to spend money. At the least say hello and acknowledge them if they need help, no one is saying the rep should have been up his ass grinning and giving him a personal tour. You can be civil while having your doubts.

carries himself...someone saggin their pants.
In the real world...nobody takes people serious that looks like that.
Even black people.

Would you seriously be ok if your daughter walked in the door with someone that looked like him?

I ask you again...would you hire a lawyer that looked like Torey Lanez?