Tory Lanez spends 35k in a store that racially profiled him to prove a point

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
carries himself...someone saggin their pants.
In the real world...nobody takes people serious that looks like that.
Even black people.

Would you seriously be ok if your daughter walked in the door with someone that looked like him?

I ask you again...would you hire a lawyer that looked like Torey Lanez?
if you're equating how someone carries themselves to just looks/fashion...then they definitely don't deserve to be mistreated because of that.

He dresses how all these young guys dress. Skinny jeans, designer or street wear, etc. I don't judge people by their clothes or material possessions because it doesn't say much about who they are or what they've accomplished. It may be an anomaly, but just growing up out here (the bay) it's the land of the hidden millionaire, a lot of people look one way and come to find out they own a beautiful 4000 sq ft home, they're a neuroscientist, etc.

I'm sure my parents weren't thrilled when I brought home dread head nikkas dressed like camron, but styles are different for different generations - id expect my 12-25 yr old daughter to probably have someone who looked like that (in his downtime at least) cuz that's what's hot for them.

If he's in a field that affords him the ability to dress that way and be successful, more power to him. I'm in a field that allows me to wear flip flops and screen tees to work, I'm quite successful, but in a field where that's not the culture - banking for instance - I'd expect to be judged differently.

I have tatted, dyed hair white friends who are lawyers, one for a marijuana Corp and another for an art org...it all depends on the culture and norms of your field. They would not be hired for traditional corporate law looking like that and nor would torey lanez, but there are industries where that look isn't devastating for a lawyer (minus the gold teeth) so I don't know what your point is. There is no "look" you have to have to go shopping other than clean and kempt - I've never walked into an upscale store and only seen one acceptable way of dress. Comparing shopping appearances to the norms of particular professional industries is asinine.

Last edited:

mrfortune

All Star
Daps
one of the failures of black people is fight to get acceptance and understanding from white people. they dont give a fukk about you. for 35k he could have bout a poor family a home or started a business and provided jobs. last but not least could have flipped that to 100k. idiot

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wrong!

Oprah old ass got discriminated against
THANK YOU!!

WE are not the problem and need to stop bending over backwards to prove we aren't what they say we are in the media. They decide to look at us and discriminate. fukk trying to make them feel comfortable when you'll get treated the same regardless.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Nawl. It's just cuz Tory lanes ain't a likeavle nikka on here. If Drake did it - same reaction, Wale - same reaction.

But if a nikka like Kendrick did it the thread would be

" the goat shyting on cacs :blessed:"

It did happen to Drake and his boys and you know what Drake did? Refused to eat there and put their name in mud online