"Toronto slang is ignorant"-Drake

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
But I don't even know if Hov got the juice to go at Drake and Mob Ties at this point.

Why would Hov go at Drake?? Ppl like that usually have to get themselves out the paint through their own actions. Jay getting involved just gives ppl more ammo to drag him even though his company is doing their job with their client.

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
That’s how you know he one of the GOATS :dead:

Brehs bringin up 15-20 year old videos just to shyt on him :wow:

You wouldn’t do this if he wasn’t that good :manny:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
He grew up and got from round those white folks. It is what it is but yeah breh was corny.

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Is Game a goat? Ppl bring up the dating show

He’s an iconic figure in hip hop (IMO) :manny:

If you were to tell the story of hip hop to someone I think you’d be doing them a disservice if you don’t talk about Game

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
No, Muslim Boys Gang (Stinx & dem man & a lot of roadman man converting to Islam in jail were the ones saying those Arabic words in rap. And cos they’re rappers - it caught on.

Nigerian/Ghanaian slangs/words are more influential in London slangs than anything Somali. Somalis don’t have that type of cultural clout in London.

Words like Wallahi, Askar, Habad, Bisad/Bishead were definitely popularized by somalians in London. Especially in the drill scene. Stop the cap breh.

Nigerians/Ghanaians mainly just use Jamaican slang in their songs. Y'all cultural clout comes from Afro pop. Ain't nobody using Yoruba in UK drill :gucci:

Meanwhile words like Barees (food i.e drugs), Bishead (fiend) are normative in trap culture. Both are straight up somalian and not Arabic.

I spent last year getting into UK music (90% straight ass by the way, respectfully), and did some research into the origins of certain phrases y'all use. It was a interesting journey to say the least.

Duke Wy Lin

Daps
Islam started rising amongst roadman in London from late 2000 into the last decade. And Stinx & dem man in Muslim Boys in Brixton pushed it. They used to force people to convert to Islam in Brixton back in day. The stuff just grew in prison & all these roadman started converting to Islam in prison.

It’s the reason for rise in Arabic words in the lingo - nothing to do with Somalis.

Most black converts to the Deen in London interact with somalians, not Arabs or Asians.

Duke Wy Lin

Daps
Last line is big cap, don't really agree with the rest either.

UK Rappers have even been using Somali (Not arabic words) in their raps past few years.

Dunno how old you are but they're comfortably the most influential behind Caribbean people in my age group. I ain't even like defending them nikkas cause they act weird as hell towards us moretime but still:manny:

Yeah might be an age thing. Drill is mostly popular amongst the youth. This nikka @Bonk prolly like 45 years old.