"Toronto slang is ignorant"-Drake

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
Maybe in North with Malis in Tottenham/Edmonton & East (Leyton/Leytonstone/Tower Hamlets).

But South always influences London twang & the places the influence comes from, there’s barely any Malis. And the few Arabic words mandem use came from Muslim Boys (SMS) & their influence on Muslim roadman.

You just listed 3 west African slangs unique to west Africa - list 3 Somali slangs from Somali language that’s not Arabic (Somalis have their own language). Don’t say ‘Jareer’ cos that’s an internet slur word & no one says that in everyday convo.

Bishead/Bisad, Bariis, Habsi, Askar, Wallahi (definitely popularized by somalians )etc etc

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Words like Wallahi, Askar, Habad, Bisad/Bishead were definitely popularized by somalians in London. Especially in the drill scene. Stop the cap breh.

Nigerians/Ghanaians mainly just use Jamaican slang in their songs. Y'all cultural clout comes from Afro pop. Ain't nobody using Yoruba in UK drill :gucci:

Meanwhile words like Barees (food i.e drugs), Bishead (fiend) are normative in trap culture. Both are straight up somalian and not Arabic.

I spent last year getting into UK music (90% straight ass by the way, respectfully), and did some research into the origins of certain phrases y'all use. It was a interesting journey to say the least.

I have never heard anyone say any of those words you listed & I’m sure if I were to walk around London right now - no one apart from Somalis would know what they mean.

Some of you just project your small circle on the rest of the city. I’m from South & no one says none of these words.

You’re not even from the UK but you’re arguing what you don’t know.

Fiend is nitty & food is food.

Yeah might be an age thing. Drill is mostly popular amongst the youth. This nikka @Bonk prolly like 45 years old.

Nikka, I ain’t anywhere close to 45 or even - I’m a millennial. And what teenagers do in their small circles/enclaves in places in east/north with large Mali population isn’t my prerogative.

This is about the lousy claim that Somali Somalis have an impact on London like they do in Toronto. Man, stop it. They don’t even have half of the impact Naij/Ghana have. They’re on the same level as Congolese - which is negligible.

London is still mostly Caribbean/cockney.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Toronto slang the same as London slang both based off Jamaica and later on Somalia
Weird how that happened. I can't even name 2 other cities geographically close to each other with similar slang let alone 2 cities from different continents.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Bishead/Bisad, Bariis, Habsi, Askar, Wallahi (definitely popularized by somalians )etc etc

This is like posting Big Tobz, Rimzee & K.Koke in tunes where they used a couple of Lingala words & claiming Congo has a big influence on UK slangs.

Nikka, stop reaching - no one is saying those words in everyday life. I don’t even know they mean & I’m always outside.

Get off YouTube.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
These are some common London slangs if you want to learn

^Not a single word there is Somali. And Cench is from West which has a sizeable Somali population.

Just stop projecting - London isn’t Toronto. London is London. We don’t use Mali slangs & we also use our Caribbean slangs in a more nuanced way that’s different from their usage in Toronto. And there’s a lot of cockney in UK slangs - ‘gaff’ that Cench started the freestyle with is cockney.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
And this is who they let run the rap game…:francis:

:lolbron::russ:
Hated dude from day 1. This has never changed. Imagine people, many on this very board, making this non rapping fraud the face of hip hop. Pathetic.

Giselle

Daps
ojTDHgN.png
How’s it racist to not like a white country’s slang?

Is that photoshop btw?

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Yeah might be an age thing. Drill is mostly popular amongst the youth. This nikka @Bonk prolly like 45 years old.
That alongside with him being from Brixton was why I couldnt be bothered
Cause he is lowkey right, just for his sides and his age group.

Also South man genuinely think London stops existing south of the River Thames :dead: