Top Rated Movies That YOU Didn't Think Were All That Good

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah, I disagree. While a lot of it is exposition, mary agnis or whatever her name is, has a pivotal role in changing Leonardo's character. It was because of her he was able to let go of the idea/memory of his wife.

Touche you're right I'll give you that but the rest of the characters are just archetypes to me

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well the movie is about Leo's character. The other character's didn't have any depth, I see what you're saying. But if anything Leo has an arch

Yeah but the function of the film should still get me to actually care about everyone else too not just have all of their dialogue be exposition which it all is. Leo grows and you're right about that but even so his dialogue is still just explaining everything. Again, that's like everyone in the matrix explaining to me what the matrix is for 2 hours.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Star wars - I have seen all of them and although the idea of samurais in space is cool idea these movies don't hold up.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yeah but the function of the film should still get me to actually care about everyone else too not just have all of their dialogue be exposition which it all is. Leo grows and you're right about that but even so his dialogue is still just explaining everything. Again, that's like everyone in the matrix explaining to me what the matrix is for 2 hours.
Thing is, the movie wants you to think. There are many theories out there about the movie, some saying the entire movie is just a dream, and that leo is dreaming it. If that's valid then none of those characters would have depth. I get what ur saying though

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thing is, the movie wants you to think. There are many theories out there about the movie, some saying the entire movie is just a dream, and that leo is dreaming it. If that's valid then none of those characters would have depth. I get what ur saying though

Yeah I feel you..and I definitely think when I watch it, just feel like it should've been done better but :yeshrug:I own the movie still think it's cool just not as great as I once thought

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Welp........fukk it.

Star Wars.....other than Empire.
Lord Of The Rings.....they're cool, but :yeshrug:
The Usual Suspects....great on first/second watch. Mediocre after.
Spirited Away.....couldn't even finish it
The Shining....just don't see it....and I like Kubrick
Ben Hur.....meh. Spartacus is much better imo
Witness For The Prosecution....pretty standard courtroom drama, and I'm a Billy Wilder STAN
Heat....Thief is better. Too many irrelevant story tangents
Scarface......most overrated film of all-time.
Ingmar Bergman......everything but the Seventh Seal has bored the shyt out of me.

That's probably enough.

*ducks*

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'm very A.D.D. so if something doesn't hold my interest i'm like :camby:

I really hated Persona and don't see the hype on his girl friday.

the other ones are OK in my book

@HHR gonna look at me like :beli:

m0euT6b.png

Persona.....I'm with you.

....but I love the shyt outta His Girl Friday. I love great, fast, witty dialog....more than almost anything. Explains why I'm an unapologetic Aaron Sorkin fanboy.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Bunch of movies I see mentioned here that I don't agree with, imma chalk this thread up to a bunch of nikkas with differing opinions:salute:

Inception, BTTF and Star Wars tho:why: I won't neg nikkas...but damn:snoop:

100% percent on American Gangster tho and it's not because of Denzel:aicmon: