Top Boy (Season 4)

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Drake was just a huge fan of the show and London/Canada use a lot of the same slang, so it makes sense that he'd relate to it. Plus he's collabed with UK artists.

I agree that we need more original content from here. I'm ready to see more black stories outside of hood shyt because it's been old for years now. Ashley walters was already in a hood flick in the same location when he was young and that was way back in the day. Top Boy should at least open doors for other Black UK stories.

A story about an educated, well to do family like the girl Jamie's brother was seeing would be good.

There's a movie called Boxing Day by Aml Ameen that came out late last year which was pretty decent. We need more of that.
It seems to me that publicly funded institutions like BBC aren't doing nearly enough to tell stories about Blacks in the UK. They let Idris Elba star in a show and call it a day. I watched a BBC show a few years back about Count fukking Dracula, if they can use public funds on THAT shyt, they can fund exactly the type of content you're talking about, they just need a foot up their ass. I wish yall the best in your fight to make that happen.

Daps
Reppin
London
Drake was just a huge fan of the show and London/Canada use a lot of the same slang, so it makes sense that he'd relate to it. Plus he's collabed with UK artists.

I agree that we need more original content from here. I'm ready to see more black stories outside of hood shyt because it's been old for years now. Ashley walters was already in a hood flick in the same location when he was young and that was way back in the day. Top Boy should at least open doors for other Black UK stories.

A story about an educated, well to do family like the girl Jamie's brother was seeing would be good.

There's a movie called Boxing Day by Aml Ameen that came out late last year which was pretty decent. We need more of that.

Pirates was a good film too, just a regular coming of age comedy with a majority black cast.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I cannot believe sully at the end of this shyt. there was no reason for him to pop jamie as jamie had no other choice but to be loyal to dushane by the end. all his guys were gone.
Dude tried to have him killed and showed he had no real loyalty when he murked his own friend. fukk him. :yeshrug:

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That ending :lupe:

I knew Jamie was making a mistake, Kit was a real one....you can't get rid of loyal soldiers like that:snoop:

Stef was annoying this hell this season :hhh:

I really don't understand Sully as a character. One minute it's like dude wants no part of the life then suddenly is knee deep in the shyt doing wet work like......what? :mindblown:

Not gonna lie, I went through all the episodes and still can't remember why Lauryn was banned from Summerhouse :lolbron:

I can also hardly remember who Dris was or why his death was so important :mjlol:

Anyway, having said that, I thought that Curtis and his people might have been the best part of this season.......straight menances :sadcam:

Lauryn, Jaqs and *especially* Vee
images

are fiiiiine as hell to me :noah:

Vee had them Danica Collins vibes
images

Don't know where the show goes from here given how Jamie's (re)acension to the throne seemed like the obvious plot point for season 4. Honestly wouldn't be suprised if the show ended here. Anyway if it did, it was an enjoyable run.

Love me some Jaqs

And some Vee

I couldn't find a recent interview of her but she still bad

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It seems to me that publicly funded institutions like BBC aren't doing nearly enough to tell stories about Blacks in the UK. They let Idris Elba star in a show and call it a day. I watched a BBC show a few years back about Count fukking Dracula, if they can use public funds on THAT shyt, they can fund exactly the type of content you're talking about, they just need a foot up their ass. I wish yall the best in your fight to make that happen.

Another thing to keep in mind, the white media and public for the most part don't feel comfortable seeing positive black stories where they aren't in control of the narrative. Hood movies/shows will always get the green light because its black trauma and pain.

I love the show Luther, but some of the criticism aimed towards it was legit - you never see his character with black friends and he didn't have a black love interest. Even that other show that came out a few years ago called Undercover, the black family portrayed didn't talk and interact with each other like any black family I know. It was clearly written by cacs and white supremacy won in the end - no way that would have been the case with a black writer.

Listen to this recent interview with Damson Idris, he made a good point from 7:35 - 8:55:

Steve McQueen did us a real solid with the Small Axe series.The irony is that we actually DID have more real black themed shows and movies back in the day.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
man, they had jamie set up to be their pawn so they could effectively retire.
Jaime was a young dude always looking to come up. I do think he was turning over a new leaf and would’ve been loyal, but I completely understand why Sully did it.

It was too much of a chance of Jaime trying to unseat Dushane and take over the empire. If Jaime could kill his Day 1, why wouldn’t he kill Dushane or Sully at some point. If someone asked Sully to kill Dushane, the person who asked him would’ve ended up in a box. Jaime was only loyal to his blood brothers. Everyone else was expendable.

I also think in the way back of his mind, he thinks Dushane would’ve used Jaime to kill him one day. Too many unknowns. Jaime had to go bruv

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Oh and I thought dude who played Curtis was a real Scouser until some folks in the comment section on youtube from Liverpool were saying the accent was slightly off at times. Apparently people who imitate the accent always say "Liverpewwlll" and that's the dead giveaway. :russ:

I wouldn't know cos everything north of Birmingham all sounds the same to me. :mjlol:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
There’s so many other routes they could’ve went, even with the things they introduced this season. I just wanna know why cuz. Why!? :mjcry: Sht had me legit messed up for like a week. Goddamn I don’t think there’s another show like this that had me emotionally invested to this degree that I’m hurt in real life. :mjcry:

Bros could’ve went to Morocco, Spain all type of sht. Bros was too book smart and too road smart for all of that to play out the way that it did. Unforgiving and ugly. There’s no quartering in the streets. :mjcry:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Jaime was a young dude always looking to come up. I do think he was turning over a new leaf and would’ve been loyal, but I completely understand why Sully did it.

It was too much of a chance of Jaime trying to unseat Dushane and take over the empire. If Jaime could kill his Day 1, why wouldn’t he kill Dushane or Sully at some point. If someone asked Sully to kill Dushane, the person who asked him would’ve ended up in a box. Jaime was only loyal to his blood brothers. Everyone else was expendable.

I also think in the way back of his mind, he thinks Dushane would’ve used Jaime to kill him one day. Too many unknowns. Jaime had to go bruv

Yep, Jaime was screwed either way.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Went to Jamie's Wiki page to see how old he is. Apparently he and Ra'nell are cousins. Now thats 2 people close to Ra'nell that Sully has killed. Could make for a great return in season 5. Also, does anyone remeber in season 1 i believe when Dushane bumps into his father on the street and his little brother. Would be crazy if he had to beef with his younger brother on the cone up. One who he barley knows, but is just as cunning and basically a younger version of himself.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Went to Jamie's Wiki page to see how old he is. Apparently he and Ra'nell are cousins. Now thats 2 people close to Ra'nell that Sully has killed. Could make for a great return in season 5. Also, does anyone remeber in season 1 i believe when Dushane bumps into his father on the street and his little brother. Would be crazy if he had to beef with his younger brother on the cone up. One who he barley knows, but is just as cunning and basically a younger version of himself.
Aint gon be no season 5