Top Boy (Season 4)

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
That ending :lupe:

I knew Jamie was making a mistake, Kit was a real one....you can't get rid of loyal soldiers like that:snoop:

Stef was annoying this hell this season :hhh:

I really don't understand Sully as a character. One minute it's like dude wants no part of the life then suddenly is knee deep in the shyt doing wet work like......what? :mindblown:

Not gonna lie, I went through all the episodes and still can't remember why Lauryn was banned from Summerhouse :lolbron:

I can also hardly remember who Dris was or why his death was so important :mjlol:

Anyway, having said that, I thought that Curtis and his people might have been the best part of this season.......straight menances :sadcam:

Lauryn, Jaqs and *especially* Vee
images

are fiiiiine as hell to me :noah:

Vee had them Danica Collins vibes
images

Don't know where the show goes from here given how Jamie's (re)acension to the throne seemed like the obvious plot point for season 4. Honestly wouldn't be suprised if the show ended here. Anyway if it did, it was an enjoyable run.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I cannot believe sully at the end of this shyt. there was no reason for him to pop jamie as jamie had no other choice but to be loyal to dushane by the end. all his guys were gone.

Some beef doesn't die innit.

Felt a little bad for jamie this season with how his brothers were acting like their balls dropped. But the snake move was enough for him to get hit.

Lizzie though :hhh:. Her and her husband/ex are super rich but she was acting desperate, and influenced jamie's reckless powerplay.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
This season has been a massive success numbers wise. I think Top Boy will never truly ring off in the States the way it should because in America that term has a homosexual connotation but across ALL of Europe (even Eastern Europe where it ain't no Black folks) Middle East and Africa this season has been in the top 10 of most watched Netflix shows WEEKS after it came out.

I have no idea why Channel 4 canceled the original Top Boy and frankly it's embarrassing it took a Canadian to and a non UK outfit like Netflix go get it revitalized but I hope for the sake of Black Brits this proves they can put out original content about themselves and their experience and attract a global audience.
I have zero interest in Black Brit actors cosplaying Black Americans, I want to see THEIR unique stories like what Steve McQueen did with Small Axe.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This season has been a massive success numbers wise. I think Top Boy will never truly ring off in the States the way it should because in America that term has a homosexual connotation but across ALL of Europe (even Eastern Europe where it ain't no Black folks) Middle East and Africa this season has been in the top 10 of most watched Netflix shows WEEKS after it came out.

I have no idea why Channel 4 canceled the original Top Boy and frankly it's embarrassing it took a Canadian to and a non UK outfit like Netflix go get it revitalized but I hope for the sake of Black Brits this proves they can put out original content about themselves and their experience and attract a global audience.
I have zero interest in Black Brit actors cosplaying Black Americans, I want to see THEIR unique stories like what Steve McQueen did with Small Axe.

Drake was just a huge fan of the show and London/Canada use a lot of the same slang, so it makes sense that he'd relate to it. Plus he's collabed with UK artists.

I agree that we need more original content from here. I'm ready to see more black stories outside of hood shyt because it's been old for years now. Ashley walters was already in a hood flick in the same location when he was young and that was way back in the day. Top Boy should at least open doors for other Black UK stories.

A story about an educated, well to do family like the girl Jamie's brother was seeing would be good.

There's a movie called Boxing Day by Aml Ameen that came out late last year which was pretty decent. We need more of that.