TOP 50 LYRICISTS (THE SOURCE EDITION) MAGAZINE SCANS

H.S.

All Star
Daps
You can argue about the ranking, but I'd say 80% the picks are solid. Only real glaing ommissions are Ghost, MF Doom, and AZ.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
where the hell is beanie siegal & kool moe dee!!??

one name that shouldnt be on here that nobody wants to call out is Q-TIP.:pacspit: i didnt see anybody call out THE OTHER TIP either.

worst hip-hop magazine list ever.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rakim and Nas are the two biggest influences on "lyricists" over the last 25 years. Jay really isn't in that conversation.

Jay influenced alotta nikkas on that list they call lyricist,probaly more than Nas,I gotta look back over it later....I. would say in general nas has more influence on nerdy backpackers who don't have careers...but jay the reason y'all care about a double entendre.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
realistically this list is one of the better lists i've seen from a mainstream publication, but it still has alot of faults though, some slight and some glaringly obvious. swap gza and q-tip and the top 20 is a good list that you could move around to suit your own preference. everything aftet that is really questionable though.

but i am gonna say this, nas and rakim desrve the one and two spot, in either order.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
nas had way more influence than jay from a lyrical standpoint, all the way down to the fact that illmatic had a HUGE influence over jay himself. plus nas is clearly a better lyricist than jay.

the one yall should be trying to argue is how did biggie get ranked higher than jay?

the real answer to the number 3 spot is kool g. rap but they have him at 18 or something. thats just disturbing.

Daps
This actually isn't a bad list. Some issues tho'

1) G Rap needed to be higher on the list. At least put him above Andre freaking 3000.

2) Redman should be above Q-Tip.

3) I love Common, Mos, and Jada but Big L should be ahead of all of them.

4) Kanye needs to move to the back of the damn line. No way is this dude approaching #30 on a Top 50 list. MAYBE #45-50. The fact that he's ahead of GZA, Method Man and Black Thought is just :snoop:

5) The **** Rick Ross doin' ahead of Royce and Lupe :why:? And no Ghostface? Really?