TOP 50 LYRICISTS (THE SOURCE EDITION) MAGAZINE SCANS

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So, GZA not even in the top 10 when talking about lyricists ?
:trash: list

EDIT : The cool thing now is to have Rakim ranking #1 so the author can be viewed as a connaisseur ("Rakim #1 ? OK, that list is legit..."). In pure lyricism, I got GZA and Nas above him even if it's close.
Wow at Lil Kim being in a top 50. She's top 1000 at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth

sith swag.
Daps
this list pretty much accomplished being awful in every way possible.

but i see it's becoming cool to like nas again.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They couldn't have just one moment where they wuznt worried about makin people mad?that's sad....if they ever keep it consistent on these list and had a real criteria then people couldn't get mad...they shoulda just mde it about lyrical ability and influence...and maybe they did but I don't see how nas above jay if we talkin influence,unless lyrical ability outweighs influence....and if it does nas should be over rakim,and cube and chuck d should jump 5 -10 spots...they should just kept it simple and had the greatest "spiritual,mirace,lyrical" rappers and forgot everything else....smh at no crooked or ras kass,spice 1 or kurupt....hopefully I just missed sumthing

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
it's lyricists not just technical ability brehs, that said still a shytty list with some pandering to "real" heads to get some credibility.

would just like to point out who eminem is in front of...word?...:stopitslime:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
...they shoulda just mde it about lyrical ability and influence...and maybe they did but I don't see how nas above jay if we talkin influence,unless lyrical ability outweighs influence....

Rakim and Nas are the two biggest influences on "lyricists" over the last 25 years. Jay really isn't in that conversation.