MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Joker (TDK)
Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds)
Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men)
Hannibal Lector (Silence of the Lambs, et al)
Owen Davian (Mission Impossible 3)
Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek: The Wrath of KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN)
Bill "The Butcher" Cutting (Gangs of New York)
Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street, et al)
John Doe (Seven)
Auric Goldfinger (Goldfinger)

:demon:

I think goldfinger is the only Bond villain on the list. I wanted to put one on but I couldn't justify it lol. Why goldfinger?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
My List
10. Amon Goeth (Schindler's List)
9. Martin Vanger (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo)
8. Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds)
7. John Doe (Se7en) - He won
6. Anton Chigurgh (No Country For Old Men)
5. Alonzo (Training Day)
4. Hans Gruber (Die Hard) - Charismatic and clever
3. The Joker (The Dark Knight) - What other villain could cement his villainy AND get an internal applause from the audience by killing off Batman's main squeeze?
2. Stephen/Calvin Candie (Django Unchained) - This only works as a tandem as they were each other's partners down to the very end
1. Lee Woo-Jin (Oldboy) - He won

I recognize I might get flamed for the order of my list but that's mainly because of how recently I've watched certain films in comparison to others. Therefore my memory of the villainy of certain characters are greater to me now because of that fact. I'm sure once I've rewatched all of these films the order will change

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think goldfinger is the only Bond villain on the list. I wanted to put one on but I couldn't justify it lol. Why goldfinger?
Hmmmm

You know what? I felt like I needed to add a Bond baddie but I couldn't decide who. I feel like I gave in to peer pressure on this one. Blofeld is actually an excellent choice, as well as Raoul Silva

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
@kp404 and i already tried that breh lol. But i disagree on your bill posts. A great villain doesn't have to be the boss of all bosses. Red Grant in From Russia With Love is clearly a sub boss for Rosa Klebb and SPECTRE but he's still a great villain. Villainy isn't resigned to being just the boss because if that's the case, Vader probably shouldn't be on anyone's list
Vader has a bigger case to be the main villain for his portrayal in both Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. Darth Vader is the character everyone has to go up against in those films, whether directly or indirectly. Yes, he's taking orders from the Emperor but for the most part he's running things and making decisions. Vader's villainy and willingness to perform evil is proven long before he is shown to actually have a soft side for his children.

AND...remember those were solo films....Kill Bill includes Volume 1 & 2. I mean shyt, dude's name is in the title of the film. Not to mention that HE committed the most heinous acts. He attends the wedding rehearsal under false pretenses of supporting Beatrix, has his team shoot and kill EVERYONE before beating the shyt out of the bride-to-be, and then puts a bullet in the dome of his former woman as she reveals him to be the father of her child. Come on breh, WHO ELSE would you claim is the villain of Kill Bill?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Vader has a bigger case to be the main villain for his portrayal in both Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. Darth Vader is the character everyone has to go up against in those films, whether directly or indirectly. Yes, he's taking orders from the Emperor but for the most part he's running things and making decisions. Vader's villainy and willingness to perform evil is proven long before he is shown to actually have a soft side for his children.

AND...remember those were solo films....Kill Bill includes Volume 1 & 2. I mean shyt, dude's name is in the title of the film. Not to mention that HE committed the most heinous acts. He attends the wedding rehearsal under false pretenses of supporting Beatrix, has his team shoot and kill EVERYONE before beating the shyt out of the bride-to-be, and then puts a bullet in the dome of his former woman as she reveals him to be the father of her child. Come on breh, WHO ELSE would you claim is the villain of Kill Bill?

Breh you're making it sound like villain is a sole title belonging to one person. I just gave you an example of a film with at least three and they're all different levels but they're all villains. Red grant, rosa Klebb and Blofeld are all villains in from Russia with love. They all work for Blofeld but it doesn't make them less villainous. The people in kill bill are villains In their own right especially go-go

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hmmmm

You know what? I felt like I needed to add a Bond baddie but I couldn't decide who. I feel like I gave in to peer pressure on this one. Blofeld is actually an excellent choice, as well as Raoul Silva

I'd go with Silva Blofeld Red Grant or Sanchez. Scaramanga is a good choice too now that I think about it

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Breh you're making it sound like villain is a sole title belonging to one person. I just gave you an example of a film with at least three and they're all different levels but they're all villains. Red grant, rosa Klebb and Blofeld are all villains in from Russia with love. They all work for Blofeld but it doesn't make them less villainous. The people in kill bill are villains In their own right especially go-go
I'm not saying their not villains....but you can't put them over Bill in a list of top villains breh. You just can't. Before any of these dudes/chicks committed any felonies on screen, Bill was categorized as THE villain. Can't figure how you dudes in here put a mindless thug like Go-Go over OREN-ISHII....never mind Bill himself.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
In Silence of the Lambs, they tell you outright he's the one "bad guy" that shouldn't be dealt with, even while he's in a cage. So, yes, even though Bill was the main character Starling was after, it was made wholly apparent that Lecter was above them all. Bill was the "main antagonist", only due to the nature of Starling's job. Lecter was her personal antagonist, and by the end of the film, every single law enforcement agency in the states. You could swap Buffalo Bill with some random ass serial killer and it wouldn't matter in the slightest. It doesn't matter that Lecter was "helping" her or not: he's still an evil fukk.

This is also discounting the fact that he's in other films eating people and feeding people to themselves.

Same shyt with Magneto. Breh was in Days of Future Past helping, only because he had no choice. Everyone died in the future. You've got a whole trilogy where he was about to kill off every non-mutant person on Earth (a.k.a. committing genocide).

Bill's sub-bosses in Kill Bill Vol 1-2, might not have been the main villains, but they sure as hell were in that church killing and beating the fukk out of those random innocent people, for no reason other than Bill being pissy and simpin over Queen B.

Most of the villains posted are actual villains. I think the love for anti-heroes and romanticizing of certain films like Scarface, are causing some character details to get overlooked.
Hannibal Lecter didn't do shyt in Silence of the Lambs to antagonize Clarice except to make her relive her past (which can be considered more positive than negative). He helped make her BETTER at her job, and despite him being evil and clearly sadistic, his actions in Silence of the Lambs were mainly used to SOLVE the problem...not further it. I think to be the antagonist, you have to attempt to prevent the protagonist from reaching a resolution. That didn't happen in THIS film. Now if you wanna say he was a top 10 villain in Hannibal or Red Dragon then sure...I'll bite.

As far as Magneto & the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad...yeah, I agree with you. My problem is you can't put any individual in the Deadly Vipers over Bill when Bill set the whole shyt up. For them it was just business. Bill was the one with the motivation. I'm willing to give Elle Driver a pass since her and Beatrix actually had beef regardless of Bill popping ole girl in the dome

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
Hannibal Lecter didn't do shyt in Silence of the Lambs to antagonize Clarice except to make her relive her past (which can be considered more positive than negative). He helped make her BETTER at her job, and despite him being evil and clearly sadistic, his actions in Silence of the Lambs were mainly used to SOLVE the problem...not further it. I think to be the antagonist, you have to attempt to prevent the protagonist from reaching a resolution. That didn't happen in THIS film. Now if you wanna say he was a top 10 villain in Hannibal or Red Dragon then sure...I'll bite.

As far as Magneto & the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad...yeah, I agree with you. My problem is you can't put any individual in the Deadly Vipers over Bill when Bill set the whole shyt up. For them it was just business. Bill was the one with the motivation. I'm willing to give Elle Driver a pass since her and Beatrix actually had beef regardless of Bill popping ole girl in the dome

Hannibal played everyone in that film (including Starling) like a fiddle and killed various people. Besides, that's missing the point. He's in more than one film. His character isn't in just Silence of The Lambs, but the others. He has plenty of depth and that's why he's an easy choice. You're the one limiting it. lol

Vader was in more than one film.
Bill was in more than one film.
Some of the Bond Villains are in multiple films.

It goes on and on. Some villains only get one time to shine and others get multiple.

I can see why others would put O-Ren above Bill. He didn't really do shyt but look and sound cool. Her backstory was awesome. lol

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm not saying their not villains....but you can't put them over Bill in a list of top villains breh. You just can't. Before any of these dudes/chicks committed any felonies on screen, Bill was categorized as THE villain. Can't figure how you dudes in here put a mindless thug like Go-Go over OREN-ISHII....never mind Bill himself.

I think people are doing it based on who they think is dope. This isn't a contest to see who's the most villainous in a movie it's who do you think is dope in what they do and how they do it. Hierarchy is irrelevant

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
he also
  • Manipulated multiple women and his own brother to do his bidding
  • Stole his unborn baby from his comatose wife's stomach
  • Raised that daughter unbeknownst to her
  • Shot her in the chest with a truth serum with no warning
  • Gave NO fukkS about Sofie Fatale losing her ARM to beatrix
  • Raised Oren iishi as an orphan and turned her into a yakuza boss psycho murderer.
    • Who subsequently formed a gang of lost youth in Japan with psychos like gogo yubari
  • Challenged his baby mother to a duel to the death as their child slept a room away
Bill deserves to be on MY list. I almost added him

Last edited: