Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

:demonic:

I remember that guy from years ago. He used to jump around from one conservative radio host to the next to be the "token Black guy" who would justify shytting on Black people.

You can easily shut down people who support the cops in this case. (Especially white folks who support the cop)

All you have to do is ask them if they have a daughter, little sister, niece or little cousin that is 14-17 years old.

Ask them would they be ok with a 6ft4 245 lb black police officer slam their daughter, niece or little sister to the ground by her hair, and put a knee in her back as she screams for her mother.

Ask them would they be 100% ok with that?

Watch them start deflecting, calling YOU a racist, accuse you of race baiting and essentially play mental black flips in order to not answer the question :pachaha:

And throw in there, "Would you be okay with some huge fat Black man who isn't even a cop standing over your daughter is if he has some authority over her and pushing her friends away?"

Just have a debate with them about race, then you'll see what this game in life is really about and where you stand.

Exactly.

Though I notice just from the people quoted in this thread that the facebook arguements are not falling exactly along racial lines. Even the witnesses didn't fall along racial lines - there have been at least two Black people on the "damn those kids" side, and at least three wide people on the "that cop was out of control and acting racist" side, along with the "and it was those White women who started the whole thing anyway."

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Even the witnesses didn't fall along racial lines - there have been at least two Black people on the "damn those kids" side, and at least three wide people on the "that cop was out of control and acting racist" side, along with the "and it was those White women who started the whole thing anyway."

It would be too weird for the 2 white kids to call out racism and just let that be the story, there had to be c00ns.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Vox Media's take on the White kids at the pool party

In the story of the Texas pool party, where a police officer was caught on tape manhandling and pointing a gun at young black teenagers, there's a lot to be concerned and outraged about. But there's also one tiny thing to celebrate: the actions of two white kids.

Just 14 and 15 years old, they wasted no time speaking on the record about the racist comments made by adults that they said set off the incident, and recording the discriminatory treatment they said they witnessed.

Sadly, when it comes to public opinion about the event, it's likely that these accounts have more weight coming from the white kids than from the black kids who have offered similar stories, but whom many media consumers might see as potential criminals and untrustworthy reporters of what happened.

Their stories shaped the early media narrative of the event, and their sense of responsibility to memorialize what happened should be seen as an example. Many American adults could learn something from their brave decisions to acknowledge rather than avoid or explain away the injustice they saw, but also to make sure the rest of us understood.

According to BuzzFeed News's David Mack's report on the incident, Grace Stone, a white 14-year-old, said when she and her friends responded to white adults' comments that the black pool party guests should return to "Section 8 [public housing]," the older women became violent.

The police were called, and Brandon Brooks, a white 15-year-old, took out his cellphone to record what happened next — creating a record of the event that he later posted to YouTube, along with this commentary: "So the cops just started putting everyone on the ground and in handcuffs for no reason. This kind of force is uncalled for especially on children and innocent bystanders."

"I think a bunch of white parents were angry that a bunch of black kids who don't live in the neighborhood were in the pool," he told BuzzFeed. He made it clear that he felt he was spared because of his race, saying, "Everyone who was getting put on the ground was black, Mexican, Arabic. [The cop] didn't even look at me. It was kind of like I was invisible."

"You can see in part of the video where he tells us to sit down, and he kinda like skips over me and tells all my African-American friends to go sit down," he said in a Monday interview with CW33.

They weren't alone. Images from protests in McKinney show demonstrators including a white teen holding a sign that read "White silence = white consent."

Stone's choice to speak about the racist comments she witnessed, and Brooks's decision to post his recording and analysis on YouTube and give an interview about what he observed, represents an unusual commitment to honesty about racism and discrimination — topics many white adults don't see through the same lens.

For example, a November 2014 Pew poll revealed that nearly half of white Americans thought race got too much attention in the discussion surrounding 18-year-old Michael Brown's death at the hands of a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. When asked about confidence in police to not use excessive force on suspects, 36 percent of white respondents expressed a great deal of confidence, compared with 18 percent of black respondents.

And in October 2014, the Washington Post reported on an analysis of years of polling by Harvard University professor Michael I. Norton, who found that 56 percent of black people but only 16 percent of white people said they believed there was "a lot" of discrimination in America. White people were more likely than not to say they thought anti-white discrimination had become a bigger problem than bias against blacks.

When you consider the well-documented social, economic, and political injustices against black people that have been committed both with and without the backing of the legal system, this looks like willful ignorance, and it can be infuriating.

That's why when Walter Scott, a 50-year-old unarmed black man, was shot in the back and killed by Charleston, South Carolina, police officer Michael Slager, Tim Wise (a white author who focuses on anti-racism) wrote this on his public Facebook page in response to those who insisted race had nothing to do with the tragedy:

I know there are some well-meaning (as well as not well meaning) white folks who say how awful the killing of Walter Scott was "regardless of the racial element," but please... When we as white folks strip away the social context within which these things happen, or refuse to acknowledge the generations-long soul wound imposed by racism upon peoples of color, we speak as if history didn't happen, as if historical memory doesn't matter, as if every day is disconnected from the last, and patterns are irrelevant. We speak, in other words, as persons with the privilege of ignoring the backbeat of white supremacy, as persons who enjoy the luxury of viewing life as a collection of random experiences, and ourselves are mere individuals floating through that life. How nice. People of color have not the luxury of such a conceit ...

Outside of the context of American racism, what the kids did wouldn't really be a big deal: they saw that other kids their age were being wronged, and they told the truth about what happened. But against the backdrop of a society in which many adults both perpetuate racism and go to great lengths to deny it, their reactions stood out.

Brooks, who got out his phone to record the incident, even recognized and admitted that he was benefiting from his race by being able to loiter around without being antagonized or arrested. Meanwhile, Stone, 14, told a reporter about the racist comments that she said started the whole event, adding essential context to what had previously been characterized as just "a fight."

In this way, Stone and Brooks weren't just standing up for the black kids at the pool; they were also, hopefully, setting an example — and maybe, if we're really optimistic about their generation — predicting the future.

It's a mixed bag of an article. The author appears to be a bit too hopeful about the future without talking about us actually having to do something to make that future happen. And the use of the word "celebration" for the White kids actions is a bit overboard. But good on them for doing the right thing. shyt has moved fast in this case (I never remember firings/resignations happening so quick in any similar cases), and I think at least part of the reason was that the Black teen witnesses and the White teen witnesses were on the same page.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad the officer resigned but this is a growing issue in McKinney. Just like the racist lady who started this she had issues with the growing amount of black folks in that area.

But you see this happening more and more out there because the black population has grown from upper middle class, middle class and lower class blacks moving out there to McKinney. Also there were issues last year because section 8 blacks were moving to the west side of McKinney I believe.

Expect there to be some ummm how do we say :mjpls: flight in the next 10 years in McKinney.

This is a problem in the whole metroplex. Look how segregated the burbs are. People will pay sometimes twice as much for a house to get in the far north suburbs. They don't want their kids going to Mansfield, Cedar Hill or even Arlington because of all the black and latino kids. And these are people moving to the Dallas area from other parts of the country. McKinney has always had plenty of black people. It used to be the largest small town amongst the smaller towns of Plano, Frisco and Allen. But once the great migration to Dallas started is when these places started to grow more white and Asian and they seemed to become escapes from the minorities of the south. People moving to Dallas are told not to move south of 121. That's new McKinney. Craig Ranch is new McKinney. You have some people there that think McKinney is only for them. Its funny, I feel like as more outsiders move to DFW, the more segregated and racist it has become. People moving in from Cali or NY thinking they are above what's here, but bringing in their own issues. Go read a little city-data.com for a glimpse. Everyone is obsessed with moving into a place with their own, but if a black person says the same, they ask why we aren't integrating more into society. They may be replacing the old 'neck culture that used to be prevalent but they are replacing it with a snobby, segregationist mentality that was there but not nearly as crazy. Remember when DeSoto and Duncanville were like half white. New people moving in don't even look at those places despite being much more affordable in the same metro. Hell, they try to act snobby towards the far more expensive inner-city neighborhoods.

Superstar
Daps
she still works there even tho they've been made aware of the post.

CHLq3akWgAAouRN.jpg

CHMQBIjVIAA0egL.jpg

Last edited:

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
They already fired the bytch and the cop quit. fukk they gonna do.
This that soft ass bytch made mentality we need to get rid of . Thought better of you uncle. We need to keep applying pressure, keep our foots on the necks of our enemies necks until it snaps and go after any and anything that breathes life into them. Job ain't done until the Devils are eradicated.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Folks here in Dallas are celebrating like we won the war, but dude keeps all his benefits and pension and the cac bytch will find another job at some point. Let's not forget those white supremacist groups will donate at least 500k to both, so let's not act like we got a huge win here.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This that soft ass bytch made mentality we need to get rid of . Thought better of you uncle. We need to keep applying pressure, keep our foots on the necks of our enemies necks until it snaps and go after any and anything that breathes life into them. Job ain't done until the Devils are eradicated.
Don't be naivE.

Cacs didn't have a thing to say until most if the good work had already been do E now they wanna jump in and attempt to take credit for justice after the coast was clear. this group at least

Ima c u later though. I hope u say something ignorant soon

Last edited:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
she still works there even tho they've been made aware of the post.

CHLq3akWgAAouRN.jpg

CHMQBIjVIAA0egL.jpg
She's a 4th grade teacher :dahell:

I hope the wolves are on this. She teachin the babies :damn:

Edit: they on her azz :blessed:

I always wonder what makes an educated person post something so stupid. Ut tell me she's in an environment where that line of thinking is shared and accepted. Bish wanna go back to segregation and then says she's not racist :mindblown:

Last edited:

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
Don't be naivE.

Cacs didn't have a thing to say until most if the good work had already been do E now they wanna jump in and attempt to take credit for justice after the coast was clear. this group at least

Ima c u later though. I hope u say something ignorant soon
:mjlol: breh at least that group is still fighting. You sound like you satisfied with the meager results of just a few cacs getting outted for their racist acts and views. Wipe that cum oozing out your p*ssy nikka and keep fighting.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: breh at least that group is still fighting. You sound like you satisfied with the meager results of just a few cacs getting outted for their racist acts and views. Wipe that cum oozing out your p*ssy nikka and keep fighting.
don't imply anything you don't know I'm saying be careful with these CAC groups that don't join the party until they get a permission slip from the establishment