Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Integration was a trap.

Burning_House1.jpg

Taking a statement so out-of-context that it appears to have the opposite meaning is the same as lying. So you're lying on Dr. King right now.

Here's the original quote. It's about the need to fight against poverty and economic oppression at the same time we fight for racial equality and integration, NOT a claim that integration was wrong:

“I’ve come upon something that disturbs me deeply. We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know we will win. But I have come to believe that we are integrating into a burning house. I’m afraid that America has lost the moral vision she may have had. And I’m afraid that even as we integrate, we are walking into a place that does not understand that this nation needs to be deeply concerned with the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. Until we commit ourselves to ensuring that the underclass is given justice and opportunity, we will continue to perpetuate the anger and violence that tears the soul of this nation. I fear I am integrating my people into a burning house.

Belafonte startled at the statement said to him “What should we do?” Dr. King told him that we “Become the firemen, Let us not stand by and let the house burn.”

This is Belafonte's response today:

I would like to see black America honestly examine where we are at this point in history. We must stop relying on Democrats or Republicans or institutions that oppress us, and take responsibility for ourselves. Whenever we've stepped out to assume responsibility for our future, we've succeeded in our mission. White America didn't give us the gains we've made. Through various movements we went out and fought for our liberation and made ourselves a better people, and the world a better place. I am far from disillusioned. Deep in my soul, I know there are more Rosa Parks, more Dr. Kings, and more Ella Bakers ready to emerge. Perhaps we are the firefighters who can save the burning house. Martin would have embraced such a thought.

You're implying that King wanted to abandon the burning house. King was saying the exact opposite - don't let the house burn.

Last edited:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Am I even shocked by this anymore?

That tryhard dumbfukk doing barrel rolls, waving his gun around and running everywhere trying to arrest all black people. All for a pool fukking party? These kids are harmless, his excuse in the end was the kids were running and he only caught them. How does he only catch black people out of all the kids running?

I already saw that this guy got a suspension (paid vacation), it's a fukking shame, hopefully the internet gets this guy fired but I doubt it.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Taking a statement so out-of-context that it appears to have the opposite meaning is the same as lying. So you're lying on Dr. King right now.

Here's the original quote. It's about the need to fight against poverty and economic oppression at the same time we fight for racial equality and integration, NOT a claim that integration was wrong:

This is Belafonte's response today:

You're implying that King wanted to abandon the burning house. King was saying the exact opposite - don't let the house burn.

the house is already on fire and has been for quite some time, Black people have been trying to be firemen in this country long before MLK was born but the group controlling the water have largely left us standing around with empty hoses.

Integration is an abject failure.

:francis:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I don't even agree with her, but really? She's respectfully talking about the politics and psychology of racism/white supremacy in terms of how it has traditionally affected both black men (specifically how that cop emasculated that young black male whose basic instinct was to help his female counterpart) and women (sexualized brutalization), albeit differently, by contextualizing this video, yet you feel the need to disrespect her and call her a stupid bytch?

She's a stupid bytch because you're too:flabbynsick: to comprehend or simply empathize with what she's saying :scust:

:rudy: Take ya fukkin cape off nikka
. Dat chick is well known for constantly sayin slick shyt about black men and her tweets still had residue of her usual off brand bullshyt.

FOH. :heh:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
He may have shot at me but no way in hell a grown man handling MY daughter like that and I sit and watch :what:
I dont doubt you would,I was mainly replying to part where you said you would be arrested for assault,but at the same time cops to be putttun cuffs on people even after they shot and or killed them

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
separation.

So y'all still think moving into white neighborhoods will be better for y'alls black kids and family????? :sas2:

If there had been significant number of Black families in that neighborhood already, the racist White fools wouldn't have freaked out when Black people showed up. When a meaningful number of Black people move into a neighborhood, the racists either move out themselves or have to learn how to deal with it on a daily basis.

I'm not saying where people should or shouldn't chose to locate their own family. I'm just saying that segregation, not integration, is the shyt that feeds racism.

Lol forreal. From the pictures on twitter it looks like all the kids there knew each other/got along. All it takes is some overzealous racist mom to feel "uncomfortable" and ruin the fun for everybody by bringing the cops into it.

Exactly. It wasn't the White kids with Black friends who were the problem. It was the White adults who freak out at the sight of Black folk that were at issue here.

Why are these people friends with other inindividuals:skip:
Why are they interacting with the people they grew up around with:skip:
Clearly every this party was the first time in their lives that they hung out with these people :skip:
Actually they have hung out with them before and each time were attacked by racially motivated police officers :skip:
This isn't victim blaming :skip:

Exactly. They're putting restrictions on these kids, telling them who they can and can't associate with, because they want to solve the problem by doing the exact thing that the racist White people want them to do.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
the house is already on fire and has been for quite some time, Black people have been trying to be firemen in this country long before MLK was born but the group controlling the water have largely left us standing around with empty hoses.

All that is true...but a fireman who is struggling to put out a burning house doesn't respond by giving up. He calls in more resources and reinforcements. If he just tosses in the towel and calls it quits, he's created a situation where the out-of-control fire is going to eventually spread to his own home.

Integration is an abject failure.

If you mean, "we failed to integrate", then yes, you're right.

If you mean, "segregating is winning", then you're ignorant.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
All that is true...but a fireman who is struggling to put out a burning house doesn't respond by giving up. He calls in more resources and reinforcements. If he just tosses in the towel and calls it quits, he's created a situation where the out-of-control fire is going to eventually spread to his own home.

If you mean, "we failed to integrate", then yes, you're right.

If you mean, "segregating is winning", then you're ignorant.

what's the solution in your opinion?

:lupe:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
They will find excuses because they don't want to admit they're just dependent on the white man. Just let them cry racism every time something happen and get back on that white train.

Deep down they put white folk on a pedestal.

"They're better than us!", "they run us!", they low wind suckin white folks tit.