Tony Khan X Grapsody Interview: Cody Rhodes, AEW Women's Division, Finger Poke of Doom

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

image.png

Will's percentage on the likeliness of Mercedes showing up on AEW(was 69% before the interview):

sasha-banks-entrance.gif

Last edited:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs

image.png

Will's percentage on the likeliness of Mercedes showing up on AEW(was 69% before the interview):

sasha-banks-entrance.gif

I hope she stays in Japan and puts on classics. Going to AEW has Bret in WCW vibes. What can they do for her that she can't do for herself outside the ring and what Tony just said about not everyone being happy or on tv being featured and he takes that criticism with a smile is a red flag

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If Mercedes does wind up in AEW, how much of the spotlight will she take from Jade? Even if Mercedes & Jade are in two different title divisions, Jade will no longer be the biggest star in the women's division.
I'd love to see Mercedes get that big AEW bag, but I'd hate to see her cast a shadow on Jade.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
If Mercedes does wind up in AEW, how much of the spotlight will she take from Jade? Even if Mercedes & Jade are in two different title divisions, Jade will no longer be the biggest star in the women's division.
I'd love to see Mercedes get that big AEW bag, but I'd hate to see her cast a shadow on Jade.
Not sure if they’re even gonna cross paths so soon.

TK has made sure to keep Jade away from Britt’s side of the Women’s division cause he too p*ssy to book the match. If she comes in teaming with Saraya then she’ll probably be relegated to that side for a while.

If she’s coming in though, I think she should be the one to take the TBS belt from Jade.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I hope she stays in Japan and puts on classics. Going to AEW has Bret in WCW vibes. What can they do for her that she can't do for herself outside the ring and what Tony just said about not everyone being happy or on tv being featured and he takes that criticism with a smile is a red flag
Japan is cool, but that aint being on TV in the US. If she wants to be on TV and doesnt want to go to WWE, what other options does she have? Impact?

With that said, I said something similar in the Sasha Banks thread. I don't trust Khan to handle her right. Seems like he fumbling Swerve by adding low budget Broke and Droz. He missed pushing Hayter when she was hotter, to make way for the Saraya debut. Khan also isnt doing good with the Women's divison in general for AEW. It's believed TBS/TNT has a mandate that they can only do like 1 women's match a show or something. Maybe that will change with Mercedes coming.

Maybe Khan proves ppl wrong and handles her right :manny:

Cody :russ:

Wasn’t about money or a contract with Gresham. He could’ve took a fat one and then just chilled like Miro if he wanted to.
I aint too mad about Cody leaving. His current character was kinda stale to me and seems that may have opened up a lane for a Swerve push.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Japan is cool, but that aint being on TV in the US. If she wants to be on TV and doesnt want to go to WWE, what other options does she have? Impact?

With that said, I said something similar in the Sasha Banks thread. I don't trust Khan to handle her right. Seems like he fumbling Swerve by adding low budget Broke and Droz. He missed pushing Hayter when she was hotter, to make way for the Saraya debut. Khan also isnt doing good with the Women's divison in general for AEW. It's believed TBS/TNT has a mandate that they can only do like 1 women's match a show or something. Maybe that will change with Mercedes coming.

I aint too mad about Cody leaving. His current character was kinda stale to me and seems that may have opened up a lane for a Swerve push.
Should’ve turned heel. shyt would have been an ALL TIME run just based on his previous one and how the fans were turning on him.

Everything was setup perfectly for it and dude is a GRADE A heel. I get his reasons why he didn’t want to…..But man what a missed opportunity.

Honestly feels like thats the one thing AEW hasn’t had in there time yet is an A+ level heel not on no tweener/cool heel shyt.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps

My biggest problem with debuting her with Saraya is he’s pairing up his new shiny toy with his last shiny new toy. After a while nobody gives a fukk about your toy collection when there isn’t much reason to invest yourself into it when the new toy is gonna come in and take up all of the old toy’s time.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Should’ve turned heel. shyt would have been an ALL TIME run just based on his previous one and how the fans were turning on him.

Everything was setup perfectly for it and dude is a GRADE A heel. I get his reasons why he didn’t want to…..But man what a missed opportunity.

Honestly feels like thats the one thing AEW hasn’t had in there time yet is an A+ level heel not on no tweener/cool heel shyt.
Heel Cody wouldve been good as hell. He came out a few times, rocking Homelander gear with a long ass cape :banderas:
Cody stans were like "he know what he doin, he knows what the crowd wants, just wait! He dropping hints he bout to turn heel!" :whoo:
All for him to refuse to turn heel and just waste what couldve been :aicmon:

My biggest problem with debuting her with Saraya is he’s pairing up his new shiny toy with his last shiny new toy. After a while nobody gives a fukk about your toy collection when there isn’t much reason to invest yourself into it when the new toy is gonna come in and take up all of the old toy’s time.
In this instance, I'm okay wiht it. I dont really care for Saraya and dont get the hype for here. The angles she's taken in the promos against Britt was trash with the whole "I'm the biggest thing you've done in life because I was in WWE" stuff :manny:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Cody :russ:

Wasn’t about money or a contract with Gresham. He could’ve took a fat one and then just chilled like Miro if he wanted to.
Has it ever been talked about what that one “thing” Cody wanted was? I know he himself won’t say, but I’m curious as to why it was something Tony felt he couldn’t/shouldn’t provide
Not sure if they’re even gonna cross paths so soon.

TK has made sure to keep Jade away from Britt’s side of the Women’s division cause he too p*ssy to book the match. If she comes in teaming with Saraya then she’ll probably be relegated to that side for a while.

If she’s coming in though, I think she should be the one to take the TBS belt from Jade.
Man I feel Sasha absolutely would be the one to beat Jade, but I do think he’s smart enough to know he should build to that, and make it a big PPV moment. Plus, she’ll carry Jade to one of her best matches yet.

Plus, there’s two other Mercedes matches I wanna see in AEW: She’ll have fun in the ring with Athena, and…”My bad about the blue hair, girl. Let’s get in the ring and tear it up. PERIODT!” :troll: