Meltzer: Cody Rhodes is doing bigger numbers than prime Cena

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I saw some speculation that I'm wondering about.

The obvious play is to make Roman a face...but what if they swerve and go another direction?

They could have him come back and actually when you think he's going to pull a babyface and challenge Solo - instead, come in and say in fact yes Solo was acting on his orders the whole time, and all of this is to his design, and Paul was wrong to doubt the rule of the chief etc.

I'd never thought of it before. The monster pop you would get for the face turn -- and then the complete decimating boos you would get if in fact - no he is doubling down and worse and more brutal than before.

I honestly don't know which way Triple H would go but the more I thought of it, the more I realized that it's a possibility because he likes to book for heels, and Roman's best work has been his heel work as Tribal Chief. Plus, Rock could have a chance to go face against him/or there could be more to do with that storyline...
Roman coming back to be a heel would be one of the dumbest business decisions WWE can make
Not even worth entertaining that notion

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I was the same way when I started watching again this year. I remember they would call him CAWdy here. Crazy how ppl change.
It came down to mostly right place/right time imo. He finally found the look of a star, his story is tailor made for a franchise underdog babyface, we're talking multi generational Ls from his dad & brother. The company had a severe lack of babyfaces to go at Roman, add in all that with the merch numbers and pushing Cody was the easiest thing to do. Even Vince could see it and his brain had been cooked

Cena beating JBL & getting drafted to Raw onward is in another galaxy to 2024 Cody. Idc what the numbers say, it's not up for debate. WWE then isn't what WWE is now, if 05/06 Cena was around Cody would be feuding with Logan for the US title

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Roman coming back to be a heel would be one of the dumbest business decisions WWE can make
They did it to Seth :ld:

But he'll have to be face to get that Rock match.

And he doesn't need to come back and make any changes to his character, He just needs to start wrestling heels instead of faces. He was 50/50 cool heel for like half the bloodline run anyway.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They did it to Seth :ld:

But he'll have to be face to get that Rock match.

And he doesn't need to come back and make any changes to his character, He just needs to start wrestling heels instead of faces. He was 50/50 cool heel for like half the bloodline run anyway.
Did what to Seth?
Seth has never been on the level of star power Roman is at right now
He's the biggest star in the company, Seth never been close to that level
This is like turning Austin after he came back from the neck injury the second time
Which they did eventually and it was disastrous business wise

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Did what to Seth?
Seth has never been on the level of star power Roman is at right now
He's the biggest star in the company, Seth never been close to that level
This is like turning Austin after he came back from the neck injury the second time
Which they did eventually and it was disastrous business wise

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He's the most effective pure babyface they've had since Bret Hart, in terms of how kids and adults like him on some superhero shyt. And business wise, he's the best since Rock.

fukk no.

Daniel Bryan was way more over than cody.

With Vince fukking it up and having to eat crow. To book it how the actual fans wanted it.

Cody is only just there.

We missed out on the real payday of :

Rock v reigns

Not to mention.

We have to wait to see jacob fatu.
When we could have gotten fatu. The night after mania.

If either rock or roman won.

This cody shyt is the same garbage he was in roh and njpw.

Y'all seriously just wwe bias and can not recognize. This garbage is bullet club is fine levels of low quality.

We should have had the tongans.
run cody out of the wwe.
like they did fakkit cody omega and cody kissing other men ehen he got a fiyoine black wife at home in njpw.

Lucky Vince is gone. To deflect away from.
low quality cody in every possible way.
that actually is the reason.
roh no longer owns rhemselves.

Be glad wwe was such low quality cody is not exposed for the bullshyt inring workrwte he never ramped as well.

Y'all can keep cody.

wwe is fine.

Art Barr

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait and see. The more I thought of it...the more I realized I wouldn't put it past Triple H.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
reports that ahead of today’s video announcement, WWE Undisputed Champion Cody Rhodes was inquiring about the logistics of sending a ring to Uganda for SGW. The original option to ship the ring to the region reportedly would’ve been too difficult. That led to the plan to produce the ring locally.
Fightful Select also notes that that the money Will Ospreay donated to the promotion was used to lease the land the promotion is being used on.
UPDATED: WWE Superstar and Undisputed Champion Cody Rhodes appeared in a video for SGW announcing that he’s buying a proper wrestling ring for the promotion. You can see the video announcement below.

Cody Rhodes noted in the video, “You guys need a proper wrestling ring. You need one for your stories, and to be able to do what you do. You got to be welcomed in the wrestling business in the right way. You need a proper ring. We have found someone in Uganda who can make it for you. It’s not coming over in a boat. It’s not gonna get broken.”
He revealed that he would take care of the bill for the new ring. He continued, “We’re gonna get it done, and when it gets done, send the bill to me. It is on me, my gift to you.”