Tony Khan X Grapsody Interview: Cody Rhodes, AEW Women's Division, Finger Poke of Doom

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If it was being THE booker, then why go to a place where he'd have less sway and influence than where he was? Vince wasn't going to allow the Codyverse to take place on WWE TV like what happened in AEW.
He saw what we're seeing now. Now WBD has stepped in and told them to make that shyt look more big time if they want that new deal.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Why would Mercedes give a shyt about the TBS title in kayfabe? She'd be the biggest women's star on the roster if not one of the biggest overall stars...if she's not targeting Jamie from the jump then she shouldn't even sign with AEW.
Why does Jade give a shyt about it?

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Didn't watch this interview besides the clip posted.

Is this guy claiming Sasha is showing up in AEW based on Tony not being able to say anything about secret tag partnet?
Because Jade saying she's the only boss a few weeks back was probably more of confirmation than that :mjlol:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If it was being THE booker, then why go to a place where he'd have less sway and influence than where he was? Vince wasn't going to allow the Codyverse to take place on WWE TV like what happened in AEW.
While true, the career goals I've heard him state outside of being the booker aren't goals that can be obtained in AEW - like winning the WWE title, for one example.

He can always attempt to be a booker once he retires from in-ring competition. Surely someone will hire him for that. Will be better for him that way anyway because he'll be able to focus on booking instead of having to balance that along with wrestling.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Meltzer touched on this in a twitter clip recently but:

With wrestlers, WWE is the goal. He said wrestlers that worked the indies like KO wouldnt have a problem doing AEW and not blinded by WWE. But guys where the WWE is all they know, they will do anything to get there and eat w/e shyt Vince/HHH would feed them. He brought up how Miro refused to job to Ricky at the Full Gear PPV. He then brought up how Bianca was happy to do that 40s squash with Becky because it was a "moment". He said that's why WWE is sorta closing out hiring indie ppl and focusing on athletes/homegrown ppl.

They still recruiting the indies, that's one of Gabe Sapolsky's jobs.

Daps
Did any of them ask about the story that happened almost one year ago that shook up a lot of black wrestlers in and out of AEW in the tweet about Big Swole? i.e. A year later, how does Tony feel about how he handled it? How does he feel about his track record now versus then? Did that event inspire him to work on getting more black wrestlers over as top guys? These are simple questions. I don't see how they could have missed asking about it (if they did not. I haven't watched the whole interview.)

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Did any of them ask about the story that happened almost one year ago that shook up a lot of black wrestlers in and out of AEW in the tweet about Big Swole? i.e. A year later, how does Tony feel about how he handled it? How does he feel about his track record now versus then? Did that event inspire him to work on getting more black wrestlers over as top guys? These are simple questions. I don't see how they could have missed asking about it (if they did not. I haven't watched the whole interview.)

But he did talk about black representation and praised the work of the many black wrestlers that are being featured (Jade, Top Flight, Acclaimed, Swerve, AR Fox, Hoobs, Starks, etc.). Nothing came up about the Big Swole tweet. Don't know at what point in the interview it is because I would give you the time stamp if I did but he goes on for a good bit about it. Can't remember if any of the crew asked him any follow up questions or anything about his comments.