TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Maybe I'm in the minority, but throughout my 35+ year wrestling fandom (I'm old brehs), if someone unknown to me shows up, I've always found that cool and exciting. Certainly not "OH WHO IS HE? F OFF IM TURNING THE CHANNEL!"

For me…

There was a time when I knew who everyone was. During my super wrestle nerd phase, I watched everything from Dragon Gate to fukkin Ian Rotten’s IWA. I was in the trenches, very nasty. I’m sure those people still exist today, and that’s really the fan Tony books for which is fine. It’s not really the problem some people make it. He knows his fanbase and clearly isn’t aiming for much outside of that..

These days though, I’m way less savvy with this shyt. I watch what’s accessible and pay attention to important beats everywhere else.. even hit Indy shows when I can, but there’s just waaay too much wrestling to watch everything. At least for me. I’m busy, have multiple projects going on, a girlfriend etc. so I’m kinda selective about what I’m watching. If I get some free time (because I’m rarely watching live) and I see Jon Moxley vs Mance Wagner was booked for a title match.. if I’m not familiar with who homie is, there’s no way I’m giving the rest of my spare time to that shyt personally. I’ll read results, watch a highlight and keep it moving. I’m sure a lot of us here relate to that lol

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you like something. you look into it.
This sounds like an effective way to expand a fan base.

Forcing people to do homework before they understand whether or not they want to engage with your product. I'm not looking up a bunch of matches on YouTube before I figure out if I want to watch no name guy number 7 have a match

:camby:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
If I suspect someone is only coming in for a one-off exhibition match I have no incentive to look into who they are. If they aren't gonna stick around for an actual storyline or to be part of the show long term I just don't care :manny:

It’s hard to care when you’re not invested in the people involved man

I was just having this conversation with the homie about the NBA’s dunk contest. He felt the dunks were bad because we had seen everything already and I’m like fam, let’s be honest.. we just don’t know who these people are. If we cared about the people involved, the temperature would be a lot different

If Ja Morant and LeBron were doing these same dunks, we’d be reacting.. but like who the fukk is Jakobi Toppin? Bro did a 360 between the leg dunk and finished with two hands. We lose our minds if Ja does that. We don’t know this nikka enough to even applaud. It was set up to fail man. That Mexican baby tron lookin nikka from the heat could have front flipped from the free throw line and we wouldn’t have gave a fukk. We are not invested in these no name nikkas

And that’s how I feel about these dudes who get tossed in random AEW matches. I’m sure they have the ability to tear the house down, and I know there’s a certain fanbase that loves to see that.. but for me it’s like I don’t know you, I’m not invested in anything you’ve done.. so I’m probably gonna skip this. The game is the game

get my pool

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If I suspect someone is only coming in for a one-off exhibition match I have no incentive to look into who they are. If they aren't gonna stick around for an actual storyline or to be part of the show long term I just don't care :manny:
Exactly and when you look them up it’s just random matches. No kinda memorable storylines, no dope character moments just hella matches with no real context

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
if you like something. you look into it.

Thankfully, you have only 500 posts in under 12 years, so it was easy for me to do some minimal findings, and notice you posting this.

im a big fan of aew (havent missed a single Dynamite) but theres no way im watching another 2 hour show of it every week. people dont have the time to watch all this wrestling.

So which one is it? We don't got time to watch all this wrestling, but it's our responsibility to still search up why we should give a damn about this talent who may only show up once every few months?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Thankfully, you have only 500 posts in under 12 years, so it was easy for me to do some minimal findings, and notice you posting this.

So which one is it? We don't got time to watch all this wrestling, but it's our responsibility to still search up why we should give a damn about this talent who may only show up once every few months?

juelz-talking.gif

hadouken

quarter circle forward
Daps

google. if i like a wrestler i can do a quick google search. i dont need a full show to tell me who the wrestler is.

hadouken

quarter circle forward
Daps
This sounds like an effective way to expand a fan base.

Forcing people to do homework before they understand whether or not they want to engage with your product. I'm not looking up a bunch of matches on YouTube before I figure out if I want to watch no name guy number 7 have a match

:camby:
how is it homework if you like the wrestler? if i hear a song and theres a guest feature that i enjoy. im going to look up his other songs.

Edit
I may be taking it too literally. I mean in general if you don't know a wrestler and you dig them , why not look into who they are ? I feel you, aew should give you more of a reason to care about some of the lesser known guys.

Last edited: