TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
It actually took a horny owner getting caught using the company card to pay for p*ssy, but I feel you tho

the "AEW made WWE step their game up!" takes are revisionist history, WWE was cold business wise all the way through 2021, and people were still shytting on their creative from AEW's start until 2022

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
the "AEW made WWE step their game up!" takes are revisionist history, WWE was cold business wise all the way through 2021, and people were still shytting on their creative from AEW's start until 2022

I def think having competition in the wrestling space is definitely motivation though. They even purposely tried to keep people from going over there

But I don’t buy the idea of WWE shaking in their boots like Omar was coming because AEW arrived on the scene and stepping up their programming out of fear

WWE legit continued to be dog shyt until Vince got forced out

Last edited:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I def think having competition in the wrestling space is definitely motivation though.

But I don’t buy the idea of WWE shaking in their boots like Omar was coming because AEW arrived on the scene lol

WWE was legit dog shyt until Vince got forced out

it definitely got them to throw 5 year contracts at every wrestler under the sun when AEW was starting to try and block them, but a lot of those people ended up getting fired the very next year when they realized how pointless it is to pay Curt Hawkins 6 figures annually just to eat catering.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Everyone said for years that WWE wouldn't improve until Vince was gone and that take was 100% fact!

I know some people here hate "Laveck" but it's the truth... everything is up since Hunter took over from attendance to other streams of revenue and the product is way more consistent.

The idea of AEW lighting a fire under WWE is flawed but there's a reason why people thought that because that's what made WWF get better in 1997 when they were getting their ass kicked by WCW.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

and rightfully so
bushlaugh.png

drifter

Superstar
Daps
it definitely got them to throw 5 year contracts at every wrestler under the sun when AEW was starting to try and block them, but a lot of those people ended up getting fired the very next year when they realized how pointless it is to pay Curt Hawkins 6 figures annually just to eat catering.

If Finn Baller's an industry leader & you hear somebody's coming with money to possibly disrupt, with that all the info you have, you're gonna counter in some way until intel rolls in. That's what those deals were

When Vince & whoever bathes him saw what it was they promptly responded by offloading everybody they overpaid bc it wasn't a concern anymore. He was on that earnings call answering somebody asking about Punk/Bryan/Cole going to AEW with that infamous line "Maybe we can give them some more". Fox even offered to pay Punk's contract if Vince brought him back, he had to have known the chances Punk would go to AEW & still rejected

Outside of those 5 minutes in 2019 when they didn't have the full picture, AEW hasn't done much to make WWE respond to. Endeavor's really what ultimately changed WWE imo since it sounds like Ari would've removed Vince eventually after the sale anyway. Vince's closet spilling out before then just moved HHH into the seat prematurely

Then word around is Endeavor/TKO higher ups think even less of AEW so I don't think Ospreay, Deonna, Okada, Sasha is making WWE do anything either lol. It aint about the wrasslin bubble apples to apples WWE vs WCW etc stuff anymore. Endeavor's way larger than wrestling & now by extension in a strange way, WWE is too if that makes sense.

Endeavor partnering with TNA shows where their minds are. Going back and forth with AEW or anybody else is the last thing on it