TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps

bryan-danielson-daniel-bryan.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Of course. But nobody is going to take losses forever. Super Mario Khan shuttered the black News channel and refused to pay everyone at some point. That's how you stay a billionaire.

He said himself he could run the promotion for years. I think it's dependent on the TV rights negotiations. If they get a big increase then nothing else will matter. If they don't, then it will get interesting to see what he does to counteract that.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He said himself he could run the promotion for years. I think it's dependent on the TV rights negotiations. If they get a big increase then nothing else will matter. If they don't, then it will get interesting to see what he does to counteract that.
Right that's obvious at this point. That's why it's pointless to discuss the revenue of a private company we know has yet to turn a profit. We have no clue what the losses are but we do know the business isn't growing with ratings and ppv buys essentially the same. And we do know that attendance and merch are down. It's all hearsay and creative accounting until the deal is made.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Right that's obvious at this point. That's why it's pointless to discuss the revenue of a private company we know has yet to turn a profit. We have no clue what the losses are but we do know the business isn't growing with ratings and ppv buys essentially the same. And we do know that attendance and merch are down. It's all hearsay and creative accounting until the deal is made.

Without knowing how much they got in international TV rights and sponsors we have no idea what the revenue is beyond what they reported. They do have new international deals so I would guess they got an increase in revenue from those streams which probably outweighed what they aren't making in weekly attendance and merchandise.

Ratings are about the same even after losing Jade and Punk. That's why I find it funny that people sit around here and post memes all day because it literally didn't affect the business at all except to show how dumb TK looks most of the time.

AEW in many ways is like WWE where the brand itself is going to do what it's going to do and once in a while a performer helps increase revenue here and there, the brand is more important than a single performer.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Without knowing how much they got in international TV rights and sponsors we have no idea what the revenue is beyond what they reported. They do have new international deals so I would guess they got an increase in revenue from those streams which probably outweighed what they aren't making in weekly attendance and merchandise.

Ratings are about the same even after losing Jade and Punk. That's why I find it funny that people sit around here and post memes all day because it literally didn't affect the business at all except to show how dumb TK looks most of the time.

AEW in many ways is like WWE where the brand itself is going to do what it's going to do and once in a while a performer helps increase revenue here and there, the brand is more important than a single performer.
But they aren't growing either which is still bad. That shows no matter how great the roster is after the initial debuts AEW has taught their potential new audience you can probably tune after someone shows up a few times as nothing substantial will be done with them. There's nothing being done to build a sustain a new audience over time. If anything they are slowly shrinking already in year 4. The diehards aren't even showing up to TV anymore.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But they aren't growing either which is still bad. That shows no matter how great the roster is after the initial debuts AEW has taught their potential new audience you can probably tune after someone shows up a few times as nothing substantial will be done with them. There's nothing being done to build a sustain a new audience over time. If anything they are slowly shrinking already in year 4. The diehards aren't even showing up to TV anymore.

I've seen a couple places that TK is barely advertising locally for the TV tapings aside from a big show like a 'Grand Slam' or what have you. A lot of people have said they didn't even know AEW was coming to town.

I'm not sure if he's trying to save money in that department or what. Maybe he ups their advertising across the board if he secures the TV deal.

The only way to truly capture a new audience is through good booking and storytelling. WWE's attendance was down and their TV ratings were shrinking year over year until The Bloodline caught fire and everything else around it like L.A. Knight's emergence and I'd wager the Logan Paul and Bad Bunny connections helped as well.