TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Most people who like wrestling for wrestling's sake appear to enjoy the tournament. I don't think the G1 in NJPW really has a story most of the time (I clearly haven't seen all of them) but it leads into their biggest PPV of the year and I believe the wins/losses turn into stories down the line. Like, for example, such and such upsets Okada in the tournament and then ends up getting a match/feud with him down the line because of it.

Is that what TK is going to do? Have stories come out of the tournament? I wouldn't count on it, he's likely just booking matches he wants to see but I guess we'll have to let it.....play out :troll:

Trips

Superstar
Daps
The ratings and attendance are basically the same as they were before the tournament. Was it supposed to capture a new audience?

Here's the thing that a lot of posters in here don't seem to understand. TK would LOVE for AEW to be highly profitable and he's obviously thinking the TV rights deal is going to get them to that point...

But he is also a kid in a candy store with the roster and is booking shyt that he wants to see whether it captures a new audience or not. What he's spent on AEW to this point is play money for a billionaire. All the handwringing about profitability is coming from stans and weirdos who don't understand the capabilities of a billionaire with a blank check book.

Here's an example. LIV Golf. The Saudis just spent another $300M or more on some golfer that I've never heard of, I'm sure he's popular in that realm but whatever. There's no way that LIV is profitable and if they claim to be it's all bullshyt. But they are throwing money at shyt just because.
LIV did basically buy out the PGA - LIV was definitely a money loser, but it helped them accomplish what they likely really wanted. Which was controlling interest in the PGA. I think that Saudi fund is going to make it's way to Minor League Baseball at some point.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
LIV did basically buy out the PGA - LIV was definitely a money loser, but it helped them accomplish what they likely really wanted. Which was controlling interest in the PGA.

That's what I initially thought but looking more into it they don't have much control if any over tournaments that people actually care about.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I bet it was Bryans idea to do the tourney. He's just as bad at creative.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
TK really wasted Edge vs Christian on a random Dynamite for a measly 800k :palm: they back to getting beat by the real housewives btw.

I honestly thought they were going to slowburn this and wait for them to main event a PPV with this. then eventually they go on a tag team run together. I guess they wanted to capitalize on doing this in Canada

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The unfiltered hate and blatant trolling un this thread that people engage with just to defend AEW or just to argue Is fukking hilarious :russ:

I'm sure brehs wanna have an honest convo about the CC in this thread :mjlol: