TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 568 DAYS/81 WEEKS)

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Apparently most them cuts were financial department ppl. Like the article mentions Max having layoffs, but it was less than 10 ppl laid off from max :yeshrug:
tbh I find that a little bit more concerning.
If a company is mass-releasing their financial people... that's usually a sign that some financial malfeasance or impropriety has occurred that was caught too late and now has to be cleaned up.
Which is a very bad look when you're standing in line waiting to get money and the company you're hoping hands some to you just cut a percentage of their workforce to save money.

If you get the money, it'll be looked at as you making cash at the expense of a bunch of workers.
But if you don't... :huhldup:

Khan playing himself by not running straight to Amazon. Get all the AEW merch on the site and discounted on prime days, get the show on the streaming platforms, eat off of the decreased in-house marketing that provides, and then sit and wait for the next big concert to hit Prime and then beg the company to toss you a layup "coming up next" autoplay stimulus that might hook some eyes you wouldn't otherwise see.

Continuing to attempt to run wrestling in 2024 with the 'TV rights deal + PPV every month' financial model is just... obtuse. I know mans wants to be WCW so bad, but he's using late-90s business logic when 90% of the audience for visual media are taking it in on some form of computer and very few people live their lives scheduled around when a show airs anymore.

Last edited:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
What has made anyone think Amazon is interested in AEW

We knew the bidders for WWE, we know who the NBA just agreed to terms with, knew the package the NFL agreed to

Tony loves to tell you everything is great, when they do a million dollar PPV gate/WCW never did that etc, that all the wrestlers just had the best run of the careers and anything else about AEW. How come you don't know shyt about the rights, who's bidding etc?

Because nobody is. He's not happy with the figure from WBD and doesn't have leverage to make them up it, which he is why Meltzer and everybody else is pointing out he's loading up shows right now after that 502k week. WBD has 5 years of history to look at, Tony thinks they're as amateur as he is and only looking at the last month

He needs to show his dad even though all the money spent so far hasn't paid off, it will soon. The deal he's looking for probably proves that and he keeps talking about "it will set AEW up for years to come and make it profitable". So knowing what we know about what he's spending, he has the deal in mind, it's real big money AEW's not worth, they're not giving it to him and most likely won't.

If I'm put my thinking cap on and if you even care to look I'm pretty on the nose, I think Shad only agreed to fund this thing until renewal and at that point in time AEW was supposed to fund itself. I never believed they're gonna pour infinite money into shyt, otherwise why has Tony for years made a big deal about the next TV deal & the video game taking care of things financially? Like I said, he needs something substantial to show his dad because there might be a spending limit or the wallet could get taken away eventually altogether if the deal can't support the company

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

they don’t even wanna talk about it anymore.. deal won’t be announced until next year at this point. 💀

Idk the context of how that was said
Maybe it's just something he's sick of fielding questions about until they actually get a deal done and they have the numbers

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
On the surface, seems like censorship. All the discussion taking place seems par for the course. Seems like the same discussions happened when WWE's rights deals were up. Does he not like it now because everything that leaks out makes it seem like AEW wont get the high paying deal they wanted? This the guy that had a connection to garcia right?

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
On the surface, seems like censorship. All the discussion taking place seems par for the course. Seems like the same discussions happened when WWE's rights deals were up. Does he not like it now because everything that leaks out makes it seem like AEW wont get the high paying deal they wanted? This the guy that had a connection to garcia right?
its thurston tho, not shocking

he's one of those people who gets into WWE press events and starts asking about Janel Grant while knowing they quite literally can't comment on it for legal reasons. the nikka openly hates WWE and loves AEW. he doesn't hide it

yeah Thurston is a failed indy wrestler, he trained Daniel Garcia and he co-founded Wrestlenomics with his best friend and current Senior Vice President of Business Strategy for AEW Chris Harrington so you know where he stands on all this shyt