TONY KHAN STINKS! (MJF COOKS AEW CREATIVE; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 589 DAYS/84 WEEKS)

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
All Elite Wrestling (AEW) has officially signed a new multi-year multimedia rights deal with Warner Bros. Discovery.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but according to sources, the deal is valued at upwards of $150 million per year when all elements are taken into account. Under the new deal, AEW shows “Dynamite” and “Collision” will remain on TBS and TNT respectively. But for the first time since its launch in 2019, AEW programming will stream live on Max simultaneously for U.S. subscribers and will be available to stream on-demand starting in January 2025.

“We are honored to announce the extension of our incredible partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery,” said AEW CEO, GM and head of creative Tony Khan. “This extension continues the tradition of iconic wrestling events broadcast on TBS and TNT, while also establishing a new legacy for AEW through weekly live streams on Max for years to come. We thank David Zaslav, Kathleen Finch and everyone at WBD for their tireless support of All Elite Wrestling since its inception, as well as the AEW fans, talent and staff that helped make this possible.”

The deal also includes enhanced distribution rights across social media as well as potential new AEW programming on linear and digital platforms. Furthermore, AEW live pay-per-views will be available on Max later in 2025 at a discounted price per event, with all marketing and promotions of those events exclusively centered on Max.

“Tony Khan and the entire AEW team have been incredible partners, and we are thrilled to strike this expanded agreement to deliver amazing new AEW content and stories to TNT and TBS, as well as bring the thrilling live action to Max for the first time,” said Kathleen Finch, chairman and CEO of US Networks for Warner Bros. Discovery. “We are focused on creating fresh and authentic experiences for AEW’s passionate and engaged fanbase while also introducing them to our growing lineup of high-action sports and entertainment at TNT and beyond.”

AEW’s flagship show, “Dynamite,” debuted on TNT in October 2019. The show currently ranks as Wednesday’s number one cable entertainment series among adults 18-49. “Collision” is currently in the top five of in its Saturday timeslot among both adults 18-49 and men 18-49.

AEW’s current roster includes champions Bryan Danielson, Mariah May, Mercedes Moné, tag team The Young Bucks, Will Ospreay, Jack Perry, Wheeler Yuta, Pac, Claudio Castagnoli, and Kazuchika Okada.

“I was there when Tony Khan first shared his vision for creating a media and live entertainment company that would disrupt the wrestling industry,” said Bernie Cahill, founding partner of Activist Artists Management. “This WBD renewal is a resounding validation of Tony’s vision and leadership – making AEW a unicorn in terms of enterprise value in the media and live entertainment space.”

News of the AEW deal comes as sports rights prices have skyrocketed. AEW’s chief rival, WWE, recently set new deals for its shows “Raw,” “SmackDown,” and “NXT,” with “Raw” set to debut on Netflix in January 2025.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
That deal is kinda underwhelming tbh without the PPVs included in the MAX package. I guess if you wanna watch Dynamite without commercials, them simulcasting on MAX is cool but I don’t think people are gonna sign up for MAX just for that the same way they would’ve if the PPV were all included. The money is good but nothing super crazy and lower than all the dirtsheets kept rumoring over the months. If they can get on actual Fox for a show that will be a big W

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Anyone who thought they weren't going to get a new deal was living in denial. The people that saw the end of WCW knows exactly what it looks like when a network is done with you. The deal seems very WBD friendly since 150mil give or take for 3yrs is lightweight, but this is good for everyone. Smackdown shows why AEW needs to be around, because that show is what the entire WWE would look like without AEW (bland as fukk).

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who thought they weren't going to get a new deal was living in denial. The people that saw the end of WCW knows exactly what it looks like when a network is done with you. The deal seems very WBD friendly since 150mil give or take for 3yrs is lightweight, but this is good for everyone. Smackdown shows why AEW needs to be around, because that show is what the entire WWE would look like without AEW (bland as fukk).

if late stage WCW was around in today's marketplace with how much money gets thrown around for live TV rights, they'd be making even more than AEW tbh

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So I'm trying to understand some of the writing on this
PPV's on Max starting late 2025, will still be PAY PER VIEW but streaming on Max?
So like how UFC does it now where you have to pay for ESPN+ monthly as well as the PPV separately?

They also said it all marketing and promotion will be centered around Max exclusively, so maybe still available at full price in other places?

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

Tony Khan such a puzzy:laff:

this is what you pay ricochet millions to come in for? :mjlol:

We see this spot many times before they wave they put themselves in position for it felt more inorganic than usual. Like oh shyt lemme reposition myself, ricochet was like lemme move my arm for ya

Lol

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
We see this spot many times before they wave they put themselves in position for it felt more inorganic than usual. Like oh shyt lemme reposition myself, ricochet was like lemme move my arm for ya

Lol
It looked like two kids playing sleep when they're dad comes into their room:pachaha: