Tony Khan calls out Ariel Helwani on Twitter

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
:dahell: ... how about the board meetings? There's a thousand ways he could have gone. hunter probably says "no comment" to most but Ariel ain't even try. But then he believes Tony gonna discuss fights between talent Lol..

but if we've already come to the conclusion that Ariel has relationships with WWE to the point where he's even worked for them on-air, why would you even expect him to ask Triple H some shyt like that?

:skip:

Again, it's like expecting it's like expecting Shams to sit across from Lebron and grill him about being responsible for the Westbrook deal. Would it be entertaining for the crowd thirsty for salacious hardball questions and gotcha moments? Obviously.. but, knowing that Shams is close with James and Klutch, you'd be playing yourself expecting that. He's gonna massage that relationship and hit him with a buncha "how does it feel to be performing at this level in year 20?" questions. its business..

and again, you can question the ethics and call him a dweeb for it. that's fair.. but it is what it is. saying he's not a real journalist or reporter for it is nuts though. Again, Ariel isn't some wrestletalk JDfromNY fan nikka with a youtube and microphone. He's a legitimate acclaimed sports journalist, with hands in way more than pro wrestling

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What does us clowning them have to do with what I said. We clown them for being vague and shills, but Meltzer is a wrestling journalist. The reality is that Tony only had a problem with Ariel because he didn't kiss his ass like all the wrestling journalist do. If Ariel was at Dynamite hyping up AEW he wouldn't have had a problem with it. This is why Tony is the way he is, because his stans defend every retarded thing he does.
Where the fukk am I defending Tony's dumb ass? :mjlol:

Dave gets clowned over his biased reporting all the time, rightfully so. Helwani is getting clowned by trying to portray himself as a serious source of anything when he's as biased as any journalist he claims he's not like. Not sure why you brought Dave and Alvarez (who is an even bigger clown than both Dave and Ariel combined) who just as guilty as Helwani for this type of stuff :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
but if we've already come to the conclusion that Ariel has relationships with WWE to the point where he's even worked for them on-air, why would you even expect him to ask Triple H some shyt like that?

that's not the point.. stooges expected Tony to answer tough questions and Tony's tweet is a reply to Ariel being mad that Tony didn't answer anything..

We've established Tony is a weirdo.. but he has a point about double standards and the stooges are trying to excuse the double standard because they have an axe to grind.

i don't fucc with Tony.. Ariel...or stooges. :mjgrin:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
that's not the point.. stooges expected Tony to answer tough questions and Tony's tweet is a reply to Ariel being mad that Tony didn't answer anything..

We've established Tony is a weirdo.. but he has a point about double standards and the stooges are trying to excuse the double standard because they have an axe to grind.

i don't fucc with Tony.. Ariel...or stooges. :mjgrin:

who are all these stooges? Are stooges WWE fans?

When Tony didn’t answer Ariel when he was fishing for headlines, you had people disingenuously pretending Tony should have answered, and on the other side of that you had people who shot Tony all the bail in the world for not answering and were upset that Ariel was prying…

so what are we talkin bout? Ya’ll (me included) always take a specific segment of fans and apply it to the entire wrestling community in totality lol. We gotta get away from that. there was just as many people on Tony’s side in that bullshyt as there were saying otherwise

All I’m saying is your “Ariel is not a real reporter” comment was crazy!

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
who are all these stooges? Are stooges WWE fans?

When Tony didn’t answer Ariel when he was fishing for headlines, you had people disingenuously pretending Tony should have answered, and on the other side of that you had people who shot Tony all the bail in the world for not answering and were upset that Ariel was prying…

so what are we talkin bout? Ya’ll (me included) always take a specific segment of fans and apply it to the entire wrestling community in totality lol.. there was just as many people on Tony’s side in that bullshyt as there were saying otherwise

There's no AEW stooges here breh Lol. That's what's so funny about these posts.. the strawman AEW beards are on Twitter or reddit. i don't see anyone here defending Tony at every turn the way some posters will defend Vince Lmao

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Lol y’all sound ridiculous

Ariel is a MMA and pro wrestling reporter/journalist (has done NBA coverage for ESPN as well). Journalism is literally his profession, and why he’s signed to BT sports as, you guessed it.. a SPORTS JOURNALIST

Ariel absolutely has relationships and will favorably cover certain things to massage those relationship. It’s a practice that has existed in journalism for eternity. You can rightfully question the ethics of it. You can even rightfully question how good he actually is at his job… but to pretend he’s not a journalist now because he appeared in WWE and has relationships in that company is ridiculous. This ain’t some JDfromNY fan ass nikka that just started YouTubing and tweeting about wrestling one day..

it’s like claiming Shams Charania or Chris Haynes aren’t journalists because they have relationships with LeBron’s camp and cover certain things related to that camp positively. Stop the nonsense.

He's a legend in MMA reporting and arguably paved the way for mainstream MMA journalism. Also happens to be from Montreal (no idea if he still lives there or not), so I'm sure he was cool with being a part of it.

The bolded is I think why Snowman called him out; BT Sports is owned by Warner Bros Discovery and he's fiercely protective of the AEW/WBD relationship (rightfully so with them in the midst of reupping broadcast rights). I'm guessing Snowman feels that Ariel or someone in that decision making role should have said no to appearing on a rival's tv program. Wouldn't be the first time that Ariel has done this either, IIRC it's why UFC fired him.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
He's a legend in MMA reporting and arguably paved the way for mainstream MMA journalism. Also happens to be from Montreal (no idea if he still lives there or not), so I'm sure he was cool with being a part of it.

The bolded is I think why Snowman called him out; BT Sports is owned by Warner Bros Discovery and he's fiercely protective of the AEW/WBD relationship (rightfully so with them in the midst of reupping broadcast rights). I'm guessing Snowman feels that Ariel or someone in that decision making role should have said no to appearing on a rival's tv program. Wouldn't be the first time that Ariel has done this either, IIRC it's why UFC fired him.

I think Ariel got fired after the Rory McDonald interview on the mma hour

He kept having people on who had departed with UFC and would trash the company. Dana told him to beat it

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
you got Cattle and dh86 on ignore?
the collector?

There's no AEW stooges here breh Lol. That's what's so funny about these posts.. the strawman AEW beards are on Twitter or reddit. i don't see anyone here defending Tony at every turn the way some posters will defend Vince Lmao

I thought we all collectively hated Vince and was glad he was gone. Maybe I be reading a different coli

Trips

Superstar
Daps

BT while owned by Warner has the UK rights to WWE. So you could argue that Ariel could appear on either and won't ruffle the WBD feathers.