Tony Khan calls out Ariel Helwani on Twitter

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Think about how common that info is besides memes if Ariel's just gonna call him that straight

Mr. 17.5 didn't even have a good reply to it
It's like that Tyson quote they called me a rapist and recluse and I am NOT a recluse :dead:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
It’s crazy how him doing coke is openly known :ohhh: I thought it was a joke at first but I’m seeing this shyt almost being his name. Daddy Pringles must be real fukking proud that his son is a line away from heroine
One of the worst kept secrets in NE Florida TK in love with the coco if it was any other outlet reporting on it besides Ringside News it would've got blown up. The NFL isn't going to do anything they let Irsay do what ever drug that's been created.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Ariel Helwani is not as a good as a reporter or journalist as he portrays himself to be. He talks a big game but he's constantly playing victim and an "aw shucks" card every time things don't go his way or he gets criticized. Ariel would be the first to jump on someone's neck for doing something like go to SD, but in his case it's his childhood dream so aww good for him :mjlol:

Tony Khan Is a manchild who treats social media like it's an internet wrestling board in the 00's (basically he still thinks he's on DVDVR). The fact he got dunked on a silly Twitter banter by Ariel of all fukking people Is hilarious :dead:

Ariel is a good interviewer when he likes you. .. but he also has a nasty tendency to try to gaslight/bait guests into saying something that’ll later of course be used out of context to generate micro content.

He definitely will throw a rock and hide his hands while trying to convince you that you threw it.

He’s barking up the wrong tree with this half in half out kayfabe not kayfabe flirting he’s doing with wrestling because he’s gonna try it on the wrong guy eventually

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Lol y’all sound ridiculous

Ariel is a MMA and pro wrestling reporter/journalist (has done NBA coverage for ESPN as well). Journalism is literally his profession, and why he’s signed to BT sports as, you guessed it.. a SPORTS JOURNALIST

Ariel absolutely has relationships and will favorably cover certain things to massage those relationship. It’s a practice that has existed in journalism for eternity. You can rightfully question the ethics of it. You can even rightfully question how good he actually is at his job… but to pretend he’s not a journalist now because he appeared in WWE and has relationships in that company is ridiculous. This ain’t some JDfromNY fan ass nikka that just started YouTubing and tweeting about wrestling one day..

it’s like claiming Shams Charania or Chris Haynes aren’t journalists because they have relationships with LeBron’s camp and cover certain things related to that camp positively. Stop the nonsense.

Last edited:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Ariel is not a journalist. He pretends to be but he choose his battles now after Dana White stripped his UFC access.

if he was truly a journalist he wouldn't care about access if there's a story he needs to run.. lol

Ya'll act like it's only in wrestling where so called journalists are compromised and biased.

Shams works for Klutch and Woj is in the pocket of a number of NBA GMs...both them mfs carry water for teams. Lakers got a whole crew of journalist stooges like Dave McMenamen and that fat fukk Rhona.

We know how the right wing journalists roll, but on the other side most of New York Times journalists carry water for the centrist DNC agenda. The Washington Post is Bezos mouth piece.

It ain't just wrestling. This is what modern journalism is.

I dont' fukk with Ariel at all...he's a cornball, as is Alvarez...Meltzer i respect from a historical level but he's embarrassed himself ever since the formation of AEW.

But it is what it is....there are very few truly credible journalists. Most are in someone's pocket one way or the other.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
We clown on Meltzer and Alvarez all the fukking time so I'm not sure what's the point here :heh:
What does us clowning them have to do with what I said. We clown them for being vague and shills, but Meltzer is a wrestling journalist. The reality is that Tony only had a problem with Ariel because he didn't kiss his ass like all the wrestling journalist do. If Ariel was at Dynamite hyping up AEW he wouldn't have had a problem with it. This is why Tony is the way he is, because his stans defend every retarded thing he does.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Ariel is not a real reporter. he ran from the McMahon scandal. Nick khan was his agent at one time. yeah the interview with Tony was bad but why should Tony answer tough questions when Ariel don't got the balls to do the same to WWE brass? :russ:
Stop, Just stop. You are one of the main ones that likes to call people WWE stans if they say something negative about AEW, even if those same people also say negative things about the WWE. Ya'll are spiraling because AEW is in a freefall and now Tony has to bring back the man that Punked him(no pun intended), and the woman that wants a lot of money and total control. Ariel is a legit journalist who also likes wrestling, just because he embarrassed your savior doesn't make him a fraud. :mjlol:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Nobody said different but if u are any type of journalist how do u have Hunter and Nick khan in front of u and lob softballs at them when it comes to a huge scandal?

That doesn't make him not a journalist. Just not a very credible one.

But you can say the same thing about mfs throwing softballs at Pete Buttigieg over the Ohio train disaster.

This is what most journalists do. You're acting like Ariel acting any different. Who are all these upstanding journalists you're comparing him to?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Stop, Just stop. You are one of the main ones that likes to call people WWE stans if they say something negative about AEW, even if those same people also say negative things about the WWE. Ya'll are spiraling because AEW is in a freefall and now Tony has to bring back the man that Punked him(no pun intended), and the woman that wants a lot of money and total control. Ariel is a legit journalist who also likes wrestling, just because he embarrassed your savior doesn't make him a fraud. :mjlol:

A post like this doesn't help your case..lol. i bash AEW all the time.. especially Tony. The truth about Ariel is what i stated. he lobbed softballs when it came to the McMahon scandal.. that's what happened.

The time i see u bash WWE... will be a first.