Tommy Davidson: “Jennifer Lopez made me feel like I’m not important!”

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Contractual obligation, she signed up for daredevil not luke cage :umad:
Oh, so she was contractually obligated, she was in Chris Rock's movie but he's "a c00n".....you gonna just use any technicality you can to hate on the chick @Jacksonville Swaguar :skip:

And there are several other inaccuracies in your list, but go ahead and cook

Red Money

All Star
Daps
She was solid in Selena. But yea like others said she and Hayek were the first breakthrough latina actresses of the 90s who could pass for white. That’s why she’s so popular

I never seen white girls with those facial features yet alone natural light brown skin. Fat nose J.Lo with full lips in anaconda damn sure wasn't white looking. You can make a better case for Selma.

Karen Parson and Jasmine Guy were probably lighter skinned at times than those two, lol.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This is traditional among latina actresses. Almost all of them get their break on black shows or movies. than move on to whiter audiences and you never see them work with black folks or hang out with them again afterwards.

Sofia Vergara - big break soul plane, hasn't worked with black people since
Jennifer Lopez- as stated here
Zoe Zaldana- Drumline - hasn't worked with black people since
Salma hayek- started on the sinbad tv show hasn't worked with black shows or movies since
Rosario Dawson - He got game- hasn't worked on a black movie or show since
Eva Mendes - did movies like training day, all about the benjamins, Exit wounds with DmX, then did hitch with Will smith made her A list and suddenly she stopped doing black films.
This is a great analysis. Latinas are definitely used as a hedge to bridge black and white audiences, because they "typically" don't test as bad as Black/White relationships on screen. However, many of them crossover never to look back.

Anyone ethnically ambiguous is used as a hedge however. There are few exceptions when stars cross a certain complexion, especially when both stars are in a relationship are a certain complexion, that the mainstream public accepts the dynamic; or at least Hollywood doesn't think the public will accept that dynamic.

It's not just black folk either. If someone is unambiguously black or a darker race, they typically pair them up with someone of a lighter complexion to make them palatable for broader audience.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
The switching up is sad, but these women dont belong to us. The ones that marry white especially belong to the game. If she wanna act like shyts not sweet let her. Before the night is up we can get right... wohhhh ohhhhh. Ain't really nothing to be sad over. Its some other dudes problem if he wanna grow old with her. Thats what i dont understand about dudes. You've seen how it usually ends. Why would you wanna be left holding the bag anyway?

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Another funny thing is that JLo been through the same shyt with Mariah.

:mjlol:
Well for anyone who doesn’t know, this goes deeper than the surface. That fat wop Tommy Motolla, who was Mariah’s ex-husband and Sony/Epic executive, tried everything in his power to sabotage her after they divorced.

So once JLo was under Epic records, Tommy found out Mariah was working on a song for her movie Glitter. This is the original version of “Loverboy”:

Sound familiar? The exact same sample Tommy stole and used for JLo for “I’m Real.”

Noticing a pattern? First Diddy steals a track for her then Tommy. But the song didn’t do well. So as we all know, Tommy recruited Irv and Ja Rule to make an “urban” remix, and look at what happens? It saves her from being a flop.

But Mariah just used a brand new verion of Loverboy became a hit.

And listen to Da Brat’s dig at JLo, interpolating the stolen sample:
3:25
Hate on me much as you want to
You can't do what the fukk I do
bytches be emulatin' me daily (Daily)
Hate on me much as you want to
You can't be who the fukk I be
bytches be imitatin' me, baby (Loverboy)
It’s crazy what getting on your knees can do to get you ahead. :dame:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I would at least expect them to return the favor and put on some young black talent. I don't see any black actors getting their big breaks in any latino films.
Can you name 5 “Latino” films from the past 15 years without using Google?
The irony of the bolded…is that she was in the Luke Cage series on Netflix. How’d you miss that breh? :pachaha:
Damn breh I ain’t even know that and even I knew that :gucci:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Can you name 5 “Latino” films from the past 15 years without using Google?
First i need to know why? Are you trying to say latinos don't make movies? Doesn't really effect my argument either way.
Anybody black who can't answer is likely because they don't make enough of an effort to bridge the two audiences the same way we do.

I can give three that i've watched within the last 15 years that i remember without googling, Blue Beetle just came out and i already mentioned in this thread. Westside Story remake came out recently and made it seem like black people don't exist in NYC. I watched the legend of zorro back in the day, no black folks in that film either.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Success change motherfukkers especially if they reach a higher level than u. Because they are usually around other richer motherfukkers and that circle dont fukk with u..

Its like drop squad..

Your a successful brother or sister and now u around other successful people and all of a sudden a guy like me a old friend say hey how u doing and im just a electrician, handyman, salesman or just random ex friend thats not on that level, they tend to just ignore u or just say hi and bye quickly..

I have experienced that

Daps
I truly never understood the hype JLO got.

It was completely missed on my end.

I felt like I was the crazy one for never understanding it.
It was the butt. Facially, there are much more attractive latinas, but before her, celebrities weren’t really known for bodies like that. That Versace dress did it too.