Tommy Davidson: “Jennifer Lopez made me feel like I’m not important!”

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
This is traditional among latina actresses. Almost all of them get their break on black shows or movies. than move on to whiter audiences and you never see them work with black folks or hang out with them again afterwards.

Sofia Vergara - big break soul plane, hasn't worked with black people since (She was in Meet The Browns)
Jennifer Lopez- as stated here
Zoe Zaldana- Drumline - hasn't worked with black people since
Salma hayek- started on the sinbad tv show hasn't worked with black shows or movies since
Rosario Dawson - He got game- hasn't worked on a black movie or show since (She was in the Chris Rock movie Top 5)
Eva Mendes - did movies like training day, all about the benjamins, Exit wounds with DmX, then did hitch with Will smith made her A list and suddenly she stopped doing black films.

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
She likely is a c-nt but I think it’s time that man let it go

That image still said in living color :wtf:

Gaslighting at its finest. Man is clearly being interviewed but leave it to sassy posters to act like he called up Shannon sharpe to talk about Jlo

SithLawd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is traditional among latina actresses. Almost all of them get their break on black shows or movies. than move on to whiter audiences and you never see them work with black folks or hang out with them again afterwards.

Sofia Vergara - big break soul plane, hasn't worked with black people since
Jennifer Lopez- as stated here
Zoe Zaldana- Drumline - hasn't worked with black people since
Salma hayek- started on the sinbad tv show hasn't worked with black shows or movies since
Rosario Dawson - He got game- hasn't worked on a black movie or show since
Eva Mendes - did movies like training day, all about the benjamins, Exit wounds with DmX, then did hitch with Will smith made her A list and suddenly she stopped doing black films.
:ohhh:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I saw the Selena movie in theatre and I don’t remember that being a flop at all, I remember her becoming really famous after that.

no disrespect to Selena, but outside of her Mexican/Central American community. The average teenager all the way up to young adults in the country had no idea who she was.

and far as J Lo, she had 2 hit movies before playing that role - money train & anaconda

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
from what i remember, Selena couldn’t barely speak english - she was marketed solely to the mexican community

with that said … when she died - J Lo was the leading female actress in Money Train w/ Welsey & Woody which was a success
Selena could barely speak Spanish
:russ:

She was born in the United States and grew up speaking English.

She could barely get a word out in Spanish, they always had to record her shyt a hundred times until she got it

Her interviews in English

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
I remember Suge had a jennifer lopez sex tape but i guess JLo had a big name record executive at the time to have that shyt tossed out…

After that shine shooting , JLO was sliding more and more out bronx/harlem areas type of crowd

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plenty black folks in Houston, San Antonio and Dallas knew who Selena was before she died.

Now, that's a Damn lie.

I'm born and raised in Dallas.

And not a damn nikka knew who the fukk was Selena.

Black people in Dallas didn't even associate with Mexicans during that time.

Texas now wasn't like Texas in the early 90's. Texas Mexicans population was way smaller and places like Dallas was more racially segregated. Mexicans wasn't living amongst Black people in Dallas in the early 90's like you will see today.