Tommy Davidson: “Jennifer Lopez made me feel like I’m not important!”

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Ehh Salma was always that chick from Dusk till Dawn to me. Never thought of her doing black movies for a come up.

She single handedly proved to me that the refrigerator NY Mexicans weren’t the only Mexicans (yes I know she’s mixed now)

And Rosario was just a tri-state mutt (no offense to mixed ppl) to me

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Who couldn’t speak English?

from what i remember, Selena couldn’t barely speak english - she was marketed solely to the mexican community

with that said … when she died - J Lo was the leading female actress in Money Train w/ Welsey & Woody which was a success

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
from what i remember, Selena couldn’t barely speak english - she was marketed solely to the mexican community

with that said … when she died - J Lo was the leading female actress in Money Train w/ Welsey & Woody which was a success

Nobody gave a damn about Jlo until Diddy,just like Biggie:mjlol:. Give the man credit where its due.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

It’s actually the other way around, she’s from Texas and the Mexicans from Texas are different, she could barely speak Spanish. Her dad told her she needed to learn so she could sing Spanish music.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Also her career didn’t really take off until the movie Selena.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Ehh Salma was always that chick from Dusk till Dawn to me. Never thought of her doing black movies for a come up.

She single handedly proved to me that the refrigerator NY Mexicans weren’t the only Mexicans (yes I know she’s mixed now)

And Rosario was just a tri-state mutt (no offense to mixed ppl) to me

you mean refrigerator LA Mexican

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
She got with Puff to get some urban cred and it got her music career off the ground. She got her mainstream success and never looked bad career or relationship wise.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
It’s actually the other way around, she’s from Texas and the Mexicans from Texas are different, she could barely speak Spanish. Her dad told her she needed to learn so she could sing Spanish music.

oh ok , but still confused on why would you say if she would’ve lived - J Lo wouldn’t existed
Selena whole career was geared towards the Mexican community , while J Lo was urban -two totally different lanes

Also her career didn’t really take off until the movie Selena.

that movie was a complete flop and actually, at the time it hurt her momentum because the Mexican community didn’t want a Puerto Rican playing her
so again that’s not true

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
oh ok , but still confused on why would you say if she would’ve lived - J Lo wouldn’t existed
Selena whole career was geared towards the Mexican community , while J Lo was urban -two totally different lanes

that movie was a complete flop and actually, at the time it hurt her momentum because the Mexican community didn’t want a Puerto Rican playing her
so again that’s not true
I saw the Selena movie in theatre and I don’t remember that being a flop at all, I remember her becoming really famous after that.