[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That time is over now... They want to dip their feet into that high end PC market and this is the first dip... They'll keep creeping up.. PS6 Pro gonna be $1000 solid
It'll be interesting to see what happens, I don't think the console market wants consistent upgrades like that. In fact I don't know if the PS6 is even marketed as PS6 or just a console.

The next 2-3 years gonna be interesting on the console side.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It'll be interesting to see what happens, I don't think the console market wants consistent upgrades like that. In fact I don't know if the PS6 is even marketed as PS6 or just a console.

The next 2-3 years gonna be interesting on the console side.

It's a niche product just like the X1X and PS4 Pro were.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Stand was 2 bucks :yeshrug:
Just get that 2 dollar Ali Baba stand. lol

Now the disc drive :hubie:
Wasnt yall just a few pages back talking about how PC gamers shouldnt cut costs on things like keyboards, mice, etc to make a $800 budget? Now the very thing yall want to hold up your $800 console is a $2 knock off, bootleg stand :skip: ok :skip:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a niche product just like the X1X and PS4 Pro were.
The xb1x was almost mandatory :deadrose: lol I love it because of the tech but the specs were boo boo out the gate.

The PS4 pro is kinda similar to the the 5 pro situation, but on top of the graphical bump it was also a load time bump and the thing most people appreciated the most.. it going from sounding like a plane taking off to pretty much silent

For better load time and a quite system it was worth the upgrade alone to the average person

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Significant update for Lies of P.

Seeing even smaller devs like the Lies of P studio doing ps5 pro patches probably means the updates are pretty easy to implement like they said

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The xb1x was almost mandatory :deadrose: lol I love it because of the tech but the specs were boo boo out the gate.

The PS4 pro is kinda similar to the the 5 pro situation, but on top of the graphical bump it was also a load time bump and the thing most people appreciated the most.. it going from sounding like a plane taking off to pretty much silent

For better load time and a quite system it was worth the upgrade alone to the average person
people were still talkin shyt about the PS4 Pro too.

These mid gen refreshes are not meant to replace the base model. The price alone establishes that. Most people don't have OLEDs with VRR and shyt either.

It's a niche product for enthusiasts. That's it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

These mid gen refreshes are not meant to replace the base model. The price alone establishes that. Most people don't have OLEDs with VRR and shyt either.

I'd link the 2016 threads for the Pro but I'd rather not. Threads were horrible. I was fighting for my life in these threads. Don't know why I wasted so much typing on people that didn't care. :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

At the end of the day, the games look and perform better. If you’re the kind of person that care about games on your console/tv looking and performing better then thats all that needs to be said.

It doesn’t really need endless debate for months.