[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
671632921cc3cd2f2fdcd809_6708c83e75c883aef9fa1f21_6707a1c7669d17565ef0f62a_670799828ad658f0d457e361_floodedStudioBase_watermark.png

PlayStation 5 with no ray tracing

671632921cc3cd2f2fdcd814_6708c83f75c883aef9fa1f5a_6707a1c8669d17565ef0f669_670799c84f8f38707cc603e2_floodedStudioTrinity_watermark.png

PlayStation 5 Pro with ray tracing​

Honestly, the graphical is almost unoticeable, like we have to zoom in to see it with clip pics. I mean who really cares about reflections? like the game going to make difference

All that, for nearly $800 to $1000, for barely improvement, seems to a waste of $$$. That's rent money.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly, the graphical is almost unoticeable, like we have to zoom in to see it with clip pics. I mean who really cares about reflections? like the game going to make difference

All that, for nearly $800 to $1000, for barely improvement, seems to a waste of $$$. That's rent money.

I see a pretty big difference, and a lot of it is gonna be for performance modes.

Like i said before, if you’re the type of person that drones on about the benefits of having a nice OLED tv or a nice sound system but want to draw the line at the benefits of ray tracing or higher fidelity 60fps modes i don’t really get it

I also don’t see why people keep adding 100’s of dollars onto the machine, it’s already expensive enough at 700 dollars. You don’t got to gas it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

✅Better IQ than the base PS5 graphics mode.
✅With double the framerate. 30>60fps.
✅More stable framerate over the PS5 performance mode.
✅Left over computing power in reserve thanks to PSSR to improve other visual aspects if the dev wishes to do so.
Seen this online. If all of this which varies from game to game is "barely an improvement" then I think the cost is really the only reason you're saying that. Not to mention, selling the old hardware to pay for the difference is off setting the "$700~1000" argument people use. It's not a $700 difference, it's a $250 difference(if you bought the base PS5 for $500.) You sell the PS5 for $300~350, you're essentially paying ~$470 for the upgrade, not $700~1000 unless you're keeping the old one.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The only way I see a pro as good deal is if I have a number of current gen PS5 pro support backlog titles to play. If not then I can't see the justification unless you just like having the latest greatest of everything.
If the 3rd party titles are significantly better on PS5 pro over the reg and series next year then maybe. Otherwise it's a HARD pass for me.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think some of you are confused, literally every game by default is going to run better on the pro than the base console. It’s the PSSR implementation by the bigger publishers that is going to push it even more. I don’t think anyone can honestly say if they’ve been following developments that PSSR isn’t a huge improvement over FSR at this point.

Games like MHW early next year alone is going to prove why its worth upgrading. That game is going to run like shyt on base model consoles

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think some of you are confused, literally every game by default is going to run better on the pro than the base console. It’s the PSSR implementation by the bigger publishers that is going to push it even more. I don’t think anyone can honestly say if they’ve been following developments that PSSR isn’t a huge improvement over FSR at this point.

Games like MHW early next year alone is going to prove why its worth upgrading. That game is going to run like shyt on base model consoles
This weird narrative that it somehow is only for some select old titles and that they conveniently leave out the fact that it will support almost every new game coming out going forward by default makes it the best console to play games on currently. People act like PS6 is coming out next year or something. Whole lot of weird takes surrounding this lol. Are these people not ever going to buy a new game from now until 2028 until the PS6 most likely releases? lol.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This weird narrative that it somehow is only for some select old titles and they conveniently leave out the fact that it will support almost every new game coming out going forward by default makes it the best console to play games on currently. People act like PS6 is coming out next year or something. Whole lot of weird takes surrounding this lol.

Its cause they don’t want to spend the money (which is perfectly reasonable) so they come up with reasons why its not worth it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only way I see a pro as good deal is if I have a number of current gen PS5 pro support backlog titles to play. If not then I can't see the justification unless you just like having the latest greatest of everything.
If the 3rd party titles are significantly better on PS5 pro over the reg and series next year then maybe. Otherwise it's a HARD pass for me.
Let's be honest Mid,

If an Xbox Pro console existed and was now capable of doing 60fps with the fidelity of the 30fps modes, boosting framerates to more stable fps and in some cases even higher to 120fps(Like Re Village will do), and adding ray tracing and other visual boosts to already fidelity quality modes... On top of by brute force boosting older non supported games that have dynamic resolution/framerate, would you be here saying it's a hard pass for you? Just be honest and stop thinking in terms of Playstation or Xbox.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its cause they don’t want to spend the money (which is perfectly reasonable) so they come up with reasons why its not worth it.
It's mind boggling. Some of the comments I see are trying to retroactively pretend that the PS4 Pro was showing HUGE differences when it didn't boost framerates really since the CPU by default was weak from the get go. You basically got a bit better IQ in some games and that was that. Native still looked way better. Not to mention, checkerboard rendering was mocked as it was obviously not as good as what we're getting now but for the time it was a decent improvement at times. Now with the PS5 Pro you're getting WAY better image quality that's noticeable as hell instantly, with better visuals and performance on top of that and people are like "Meh can't see difference."
qTYTE2K.jpeg

2B.webp

4B.webp

But look at this:
tqGr0VY.png

This was Tomb Raider on the Pro compared to PC back then :mjlol:
That was a bigger deal than what we're getting now apparently lol.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
For folks to keep describing the improvements of Base PS5 to Pro as marginal and nominal, yall tripping or don’t understand truly what the delta between the two is.

That’s fine, in less than a month the proof will be public but playing like this is just a small delta like the base PS4 to Pro is just obtuse and ignorant.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's be honest Mid,

If an Xbox Pro console existed and was now capable of doing 60fps with the fidelity of the 30fps modes, boosting framerates to more stable fps and in some cases even higher to 120fps(Like Re Village will do), and adding ray tracing and other visual boosts to already fidelity quality modes... On top of by brute force boosting older non supported games that have dynamic resolution/framerate, would you be here saying it's a hard pass for you? Just be honest and stop thinking in terms of Playstation or Xbox.

In general based off what I've seen no.

The platform matters though, what you named the series X did early on with earlier games and old game

I bring up Xbox because all that would have been cool but it was gamepass that really made it super dope because I'd get to try these features with old games, 1st party games and 3rd party games.

But in general no, not for 700 bucks, not even 200 bucks. Not in the current landscape of gaming.

Maybe that'll change with the games coming out but as of right now I'm good.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In general based off what I've seen no.

The platform matters though, what you named the series X did early on with earlier games and old game

I bring up Xbox because all that would have been cool but it was gamepass that really made it super dope because I'd get to try these features with old games, 1st party games and 3rd party games.

But in general no, not for 700 bucks, not even 200 bucks. Not in the current landscape of gaming.

Maybe that'll change with the games coming out but as of right now I'm good.
All this back and forth, its simple if you want the best looking console gaming experience overall the xb1x is now the system to get.

period.

If money or the game library is a heavy deciding factor then weigh your options.

The majority of the games I got to watch over the weekend look AMAZING on it. Its really something you have to see and make sure you have the correct setup for to appreciate

So basically this except now It's Sony so it don't apply anymore lol.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So basically this except now It's Sony so it don't apply anymore lol.
Xb1x?

Edit: this is from 2017.... :aicmon:

I think I was on my 1st or Second big screen OLED TV at the time and my 1st really heavy gaming built PC.

Since then things have changed dramatically. The games are going to have to show me why I need to upgrade my PS5, and currently nothing shown has me remotely interested

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

looking at these pics on a laptop/phone don't do it justice. Used to think the same on a lot of shyt until I put it on the big screen.