[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The only way I see a pro as good deal is if I have a number of current gen PS5 pro support backlog titles to play. If not then I can't see the justification unless you just like having the latest greatest of everything.
If the 3rd party titles are significantly better on PS5 pro over the reg and series next year then maybe. Otherwise it's a HARD pass for me.
The bolded IS gaming. Nobody NEEDS a 4090, hell, don't even NEED a 4070 to play 99% of games

But yes.. People want the best of the best of the best. They'll get a card/console that can do 8k without a single 8k game or tv in their house. Cause they want the big bad and not the mid leve. Dudes spending 3k on a PC to play call of duty and shyt

Yea... They care about reflections and every minor detail.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Its cause they don’t want to spend the money (which is perfectly reasonable) so they come up with reasons why its not worth it.
Yup... sometimes you have to talk yourself out of spending money you don't have

Knowing if you got a check for 100k today, you'd have 4 of them

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
stellar-blade-update-10-22-24-v0-ai8zoqjtwbwd1.jpeg

Stellar Blade Pro options.
Pro Max option as well. Probably for Iphone users :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How much of an improvement is there between the PS5 and PS5 Pro versions of the game? Also, how does the PS5 Pro version stack with the maxed-out PC game?

As said and as presented by Sony, it is expected that most games will double their frame rate on the Pro or improve scene quality if they were already running in 60 on a PS5. Still, maxed out PCs are kind of "no limit" so they will of course be more powerful, but you can't compare them. A maxed out PC is going to cost easily 3 to 5 times more and consume 3 to 5 times more electrical energy. But what is interesting and says a lot about the flattening silicon evolution curve is that your game on your monster PC is not going to look or play 3 to 5 times better than on a PS5 Pro console. There is a huge diminishing return now on high end silicon, and that might have an impact on the life cycle duration of console hardware.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The bolded IS gaming. Nobody NEEDS a 4090, hell, don't even NEED a 4070 to play 99% of games

But yes.. People want the best of the best of the best. They'll get a card/console that can do 8k without a single 8k game or tv in their house. Cause they want the big bad and not the mid leve. Dudes spending 3k on a PC to play call of duty and shyt

Yea... They care about reflections and every minor detail.

PC gaming maybe sure, but console gaming has always been about high end middle of the road optimized plug and play gaming.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
PC gaming maybe sure, but console gaming has always been about high end middle of the road optimized plug and play gaming.
That time is over now... They want to dip their feet into that high end PC market and this is the first dip... They'll keep creeping up.. PS6 Pro gonna be $1000 solid

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That time is over now... They want to dip their feet into that high end PC market and this is the first dip... They'll keep creeping up.. PS6 Pro gonna be $1000 solid

Coming up with their own proprietary system wide upscaling method is closing the gap, nikkas that like playstation studios games and select big budget 3rd party games (GTA, Monste Hunter, etc.) are not gonna want to play compromised versions

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seen this online. If all of this which varies from game to game is "barely an improvement" then I think the cost is really the only reason you're saying that. Not to mention, selling the old hardware to pay for the difference is off setting the "$700~1000" argument people use. It's not a $700 difference, it's a $250 difference(if you bought the base PS5 for $500.) You sell the PS5 for $300~350, you're essentially paying ~$470 for the upgrade, not $700~1000 unless you're keeping the old one.

That's true and sounds fair. I will sell my base PS5 for PS5 Pro.

Honestly, the stuff that they added to the Pro should already have on the base PS5. But you have to buy separately a disc drive and stand, which pissed me off more. If they included a disc drive and stand than I would have no problem with it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only way I see a pro as good deal is if I have a number of current gen PS5 pro support backlog titles to play. If not then I can't see the justification unless you just like having the latest greatest of everything.
If the 3rd party titles are significantly better on PS5 pro over the reg and series next year then maybe. Otherwise it's a HARD pass for me.

I will get PS5 Pro anyway :win: . I can sell my PS5 Base and maybe XSX :win:

I'm tire of blurry graphics on my OLED with 60FPS mode on console. The fact that Pro can do 60FPS with high fidelity graphics makes it worth to me :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Honestly, the stuff that they added to the Pro should already have on the base PS5. But you have to buy separately a disc drive and stand, which pissed me off more. If they included a disc drive and stand than I would have no problem with it.

Stand was 2 bucks :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Just get that 2 dollar Ali Baba stand. lol

Now the disc drive :hubie: