[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud

How they're both the same base resolution yet look worlds apart shows how the tech behind upscaling is changing what it means for now when resolutions are mentioned.

That’s what is interesting to me PS5 Pro seems just in this initial phase to solve so many struggles for developers with framerates, image quality and resolution can’t wait to see the next iterations of their SDK and what improvements can be made.

Then to know that the PS5 Pro ceiling will be the PS6 floor

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Break this down for me brehs. So basically this isn’t really 4K even though it kind is? What I’m understanding is that PSSR is taking the base resolution from Performance mode and doing whatever tricks it does to improve the image quality so it looks 4K? So you basically have what looks to be a 4K image on screen without the hardware needing to use all the extra power to render an actual 4K image?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Break this down for me brehs. So basically this isn’t really 4K even though it kind is? What I’m understanding is that PSSR is taking the base resolution from Performance mode and doing whatever tricks it does to improve the image quality so it looks 4K? So you basically have what looks to be a 4K image on screen without the hardware needing to use all the extra power to render an actual 4K image?
It doesn’t look as good as a real 4k image, the upscaling adds some visual “noise” and blurriness, but it looks lots better than whatever resolution it is actually running at.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes, this is an accurate explanation. It won't have the raw precision of a native 4k image, but the clarity differences will be hard to notice when it's working at its best.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
That the use case where a games engine can’t hit true 4k. It is all per use case for a game like GT7 there are other benefits since the engine is already optimized for 4k60.