[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who mentioned the pro? I know what I spent on my son's gaming laptop over 2 years ago. Could've gone cheaper, but didn't.

I specifically mentioned a GOOD gaming laptop, not even thinking of the P5P when @KateFabersBoyfriend mentioned it.

And as far as that laptop
- 1 TB SSD vs 2 TB SSD on the P5P
- GDDR5 memory vs GDDR6 on the P5P
- Wifi 6 vs Wifi 7 on the P5P
- Says blatantly on clearance, since it's normally 1300 plus. :skip:

Why yall continue to be so mad over this shyt is ridiculous. You gonna pay at least 1300 plus for the equivalent of the PS5 Pro on the PC End.

So you saying the Pro isn’t “good”

:jbhmm:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So you saying the Pro isn’t “good”

:jbhmm:

The pro is a GREAT value for those who don't wanna go the PC route and get the best version of the leading console on the market with the best exclusives.

It's that simple.

If you go PC, you gonna spend more and you gonna have to wait to play the Sony exclusives. All I've been saying for a week now.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Stop making up lies

This laptop will outperform the Pro right now.
No, it won't. That has a 4070m (laptop variant), which has worse performance (by ~30% or more) compared to the desktop version. The PS5 CPU has better performance too.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The pro is a GREAT value for those who don't wanna go the PC route and get the best version of the leading console on the market with the best exclusives.

It's that simple.

If you go PC, you gonna spend more and you gonna have to wait to play the Sony exclusives. All I've been saying for a week now.
Ok so that laptop i posted is great value too :ehh:

Why you wanna fight me all the time breh??

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Enough, back to the image/vid comparisons:
dP3nzNI.gif

dP3RQol.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, it won't. That has a 4070m (laptop variant), which has worse performance (by ~30% or more) compared to the desktop version. The PS5 CPU has better performance too.
Consoles are closer to laptops than desktops in power draw.

The PS5 pro GPU won’t function nearly as fast as a Desktop 4070 either.

The PS5pro CPU is not better at all. Not sure where you got that dumb ass idea from :smh:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Consoles are closer to laptops than desktops in power draw.

The PS5 pro GPU won’t function nearly as fast as a Desktop 4070 either.

The PS5pro CPU is not better at all. Not sure where you got that dumb ass idea from :smh:
Consoles are designed with a specific task in mind, while laptops have to be versatile and handle a range of functions. In general, you'll get better performance from a closed system that's optimized for a particular purpose, especially one as powerful as the Pro. The laptop you mentioned won't match that level of performance. You're going to have to brute force it, and it is going to cost much more for that, like always.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Consoles are designed with a specific task in mind, while laptops have to be versatile and handle a range of functions. In general, you'll get better performance from a closed system that's optimized for a particular purpose, especially one as powerful as the Pro. The laptop you mentioned won't match that level of performance. You're going to have to brute force it, and it is going to cost much more for that, like always.
no, comparing a pro to a 4070 is being very generous to the pro.

That laptop i posted will give you similar performance to the pro, even better in some games that are CPU bound.