[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I mean, I disagree with the post that person quoted.

FF7R doesn't have bad image quality.
And that update it got post release really, REALLY improved the image quality in the 30fps AND 60fps mode.

In fact, I'd argue it has some of the best IQ this generation.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Lu5F0Ae.gif

lE3ONFe.gif

jTIaird.gif

Someone made gifs from the higher quality footage IGN uploaded.

These gifs are better than the damn intro video with Cerny :mjlol: . Idk why they didn't show some shyt like this in their official blog post

This shyt looks awesome

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
IGN still shyttin on ps5pro lmao

"How can [PS5 Pro's] expensive existence be justified when games are still being built with last-gen machines in mind?"

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
i beat ff7 remake on ps4 pro.
i skipped it on my ps5 cause i got distracted with other games.

if ff7 rebirth looks as good as you say it does i might cop ps5pro and buy the game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

[Digital Foundry] Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth on PS5 Pro delivers huge image quality improvements at 60fps​

The good news is that the upcoming PlayStation 5 Pro upgrade greatly overhauls the visual quality. It seems that Sony's PSSR upscaling delivers greatly improved, sharper-looking rendering, providing a FF7 Rebirth experience with far less compromise. We've got just seven minutes worth of broadcast-grade ProRes footage - a single snapshot of the Pro version of the game - but what we've seen so far looks like a genuine, night and day improvement.

The Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth b-roll is an uninterrupted sequence covering the beginning of chapter two, the first gameplay segment set in an open-world space. The footage is unlabelled, but the one visual mode featured is targeting 60fps, just like the PS5's performance mode. The intro cutscene shows off the impressive fidelity the PS5 Pro is capable of, delivering a crisp, sharp 4K image - a far cry from the blurry and imprecise 1080p-like rendering featured on the base console at the same 60fps update.

The enhanced GPU capability and machine learning acceleration in PS5 Pro enables Square Enix to hit greatly improved image quality, with the game now genuinely looking like a title rendered at a much higher resolution. But why is PS5 Pro running at similar internal resolutions as the standard machine if it has so much more horsepower? Well, good quality reconstruction-based upscaling has a computational cost of its own but more than that, some aspects of the presentation should be rendered at native resolution output - in this case, 4K. In the footage we looked at, motion blur appears to be rendered at a full 4K, which helps to keep the game looking clean in animation-packed moments like fast combat.