[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I don't really see the purpose of a Ps5 pro when so many games are still cross-gen on ps4. What company is going to take advantage of this and give us any significant improvements?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't really see the purpose of a Ps5 pro when so many games are still cross-gen on ps4. What company is going to take advantage of this and give us any significant improvements?

The biggest games this year are ps5 only. Cross gen ended last year

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
And the rest of the parts?
if you dont have at least a serviceable PC in 2024 I dunno what to say

to your point though if you arent really into gaming on PC deep its not worth it

all you need is a motherboard, power supply and processor, ram is cheap
processor is the only thing costing $$$ ... but most of this stuff is all interchangeable

you can run 32gbs of ram, 1000w power and newest processor with a 60$ graphic card

if you start with nothing you are fukked from the jump, once you have a base motherboard and processor you can just grab the graphic card you want and if you do want to upgrade 5-6 years down the line... you can sell your card at a good price and cop another. You'll still be using the same RAM, Power supply, processor etc for basically ever

but to your point, I dumped massive money into a PC over the years and I hardly see a difference compared to just having a mid level PC, if you arent strictly gaming its pointless. I make music and do video and audio editing and I dont see any crazy increase between 700$ PC and 3000$ one. Maybe you render and save files quicker but that shyt doesnt matter like that :russ:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

to your point though if you arent really into gaming on PC deep its not worth it

processor is the only thing costing $$$ ... but most of this stuff is all interchangeable

you can run 32gbs of ram, 1000w power and newest processor with a 60$ graphic card

if you start with nothing you are fukked from the jump, once you have a base motherboard and processor you can just grab the graphic card you want and if you do want to upgrade 5-6 years down the line... you can sell your card at a good price and cop another. You'll still be using the same RAM, Power supply, processor etc for basically ever

but to your point, I dumped massive money into a PC over the years and I hardly see a difference compared to just having a mid level PC, if you arent strictly gaming its pointless. I make music and do video and audio editing and I dont see any crazy increase between 700$ PC and 3000$ one. Maybe you render and save files quicker but that shyt doesnt matter like that :russ:
I do know what to say. Ain’t no casual going to do all of that just to play a game. Every PC apologist knows this. You aren’t playing crap with a $700 PC. PC gaming is great but it’s a hardcore niche.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

:mjlol:

Nobody but a PC nerd is doin this shyt

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

And I’m saying everything I’m saying and I’m a PC nerd. I’ve helped family members build gaming PCs. Do you know what percentage of them bytch about all the common PC issues and maintenance? I’m not anti PC gaming. I just know what the average person is going to do.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
N1gggaz should be ready to boycott this shyt. Now they sayin the Pro is needed for GTA6. Why aren't u n1ggaz pissed at this? Why do I need 2 versions of ps5

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I do know what to say. Ain’t no casual going to do all of that just to play a game. Every PC apologist knows this. You aren’t playing crap with a $700 PC. PC gaming is great but it’s a hardcore niche.

cause yall are thinking like average hipsters and fair-weather fans
you can play most games with 700$ PC and a cheap card...GTA IV will run on high settings on a 65$ gpu

when you buy a console, its just paying someone to sell you a throwaway gaming PC with limited functions

the key in all of this is...after you pay for a decent PC. You can just probably upgrade the one you already have
you can literally steal all of the games off every system. Off processor power alone I can play all Nintendo Switch games for free
I torrent all PC shyt :yeshrug: you can download all games first week and mod them however you want after. Then I can emulate any game in history and play it whenever for free. Double click and I have every Sega Genesis game ever made for free, and fans will add whole new games off the architecture for free. GTA IV or whatever with extra story and missions etc

all you need is a motherboard that will accept everything then slowly upgrade as needed. Ram, Motherboard and Power run you like 300$ for life. Processor and GPU are dough, but then you bootleg the rest. Play 4k 120 frames forever

I'm an honest example because I DID buy all the shyt besides GPU, spent alot of dough and got Ryzen 9 24-core processor. I figured I'd wait for the new GPU's to drop and they went up in price so I got played. So I had 2k computer for a minute with a 640 graphic card thats like 60$... my processor was so good that it carried anyway. Then I just waited and upgraded Graphic Card later. I dont see a huge difference obvious wise, so it wasnt worth the money, but graphic card wise I can play whatever forever now. For at least 10-15 years. I can just steal and play for free for over a decade now
console IS just a 700$ Pc that you cant upgrade.

If you buy xbox and ps4 then bought XB1X and Ps4 Pro... you spent the same as a graphic card anyways
then you buy ps5 and now ps5 pro....you wasted mad money. Thats already 3k without games

Superstar
Daps
:wow:
I can’t wait to pick one up for my daughter

:wow:Even though she’ll still be too young to walk.

:wow:I’ll just put my PS5 in the baby room and keep the pro in the den for safe keeping.

:wow: I’ll make sure to keep Hogwarts legacy on it so Wifey won’t eem know the difference.

Superstar
Daps
cause yall are thinking like average hipsters and fair-weather fans
you can play most games with 700$ PC and a cheap card...GTA IV will run on high settings on a 65$ gpu

when you buy a console, its just paying someone to sell you a throwaway gaming PC with limited functions

the key in all of this is...after you pay for a decent PC. You can just probably upgrade the one you already have
you can literally steal all of the games off every system. Off processor power alone I can play all Nintendo Switch games for free
I torrent all PC shyt :yeshrug: you can download all games first week and mod them however you want after. Then I can emulate any game in history and play it whenever for free. Double click and I have every Sega Genesis game ever made for free, and fans will add whole new games off the architecture for free. GTA IV or whatever with extra story and missions etc

all you need is a motherboard that will accept everything then slowly upgrade as needed. Ram, Motherboard and Power run you like 300$ for life. Processor and GPU are dough, but then you bootleg the rest. Play 4k 120 frames forever

I'm an honest example because I DID buy all the shyt besides GPU, spent alot of dough and got Ryzen 9 24-core processor. I figured I'd wait for the new GPU's to drop and they went up in price so I got played. So I had 2k computer for a minute with a 640 graphic card thats like 60$... my processor was so good that it carried anyway. Then I just waited and upgraded Graphic Card later. I dont see a huge difference obvious wise, so it wasnt worth the money, but graphic card wise I can play whatever forever now. For at least 10-15 years. I can just steal and play for free for over a decade now
console IS just a 700$ Pc that you cant upgrade.

If you buy xbox and ps4 then bought XB1X and Ps4 Pro... you spent the same as a graphic card anyways
then you buy ps5 and now ps5 pro....you wasted mad money. Thats already 3k without games

I agree. I bought a $150 lightly built PC from a cac (who I suspect works in a design/engineering dept, and may or may not take discarded parts and towers home).

It had an old AMD in it and I initially put a new power source in it, then a $200 1660 super, and upgraded to 64GB ram. I was able to play Squad, modded cities skylines with thousands of assets, Arma 3, ready or not (early supporter), baldurs gate 3 (early supporter), all high to ultra settings, with no problems.

I’ve probably put $600 total in this thing. It looks like a nondescript office PC tower that my cat loves to take naps on, but I was able to run everything I wanted to play just fine. You won’t even know it had anything useful inside if I didn’t leave a side panel off to help the fan.

I think people feel like they need to get the top of the line everything because they may not know the ins and outs of how to build or Frankenstein a PC. You’re only spending more than $800 if you don’t know what you’re doing or know what you’re doing, and want the peak all 4K everything experience.

It works perfect for me because what I can’t play on my ps5, I can on my PC.

Last edited:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
GTA6 Probably will show you why...either way day 1 nikka we on that