[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

PS5 Pro targeting September 2024, will feature proprietary hardware for Machine Learning Upscaling like DLSS, dedicated RT accelerators​

Hope the timestamp works. He is basically backing up a supposed list of specs from last week mentioning a 60% improvement to raw performance (he doesnt commit to a specific target and says theres a range), 2X RT performance with new accelerators and a dedicated Machine Learning processor to handle high resolution upscaling like DLSS.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Being an early adopter stopped making sense after the PS3 but it didn't make sense in the ps2 days either. This business is fueled by hype. People are buying games before they're out and without knowing if they will even be any good.

If you can wait between 3-4 years post release, you'll have a ton of games to play and on the best hardware. I wanted a PS5 but not that badly since I STILL have a lot of PS4 games to wrap up and the games were not really looking dramatically different. Now when a pro comes out, it will probably be lighter, quieter, run cooler, and guarantee 4k at 60fps on all releases. That's a generational difference right there especially for someone who's been gaming on a ps4pro and enjoying 4k for a minute.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Being an early adopter stopped making sense after the PS3 but it didn't make sense in the ps2 days either. This business is fueled by hype. People are buying games before they're out and without knowing if they will even be any good.

If you can wait between 3-4 years post release, you'll have a ton of games to play and on the best hardware. I wanted a PS5 but not that badly since I STILL have a lot of PS4 games to wrap up and the games were not really looking dramatically different. Now when a pro comes out, it will probably be lighter, quieter, run cooler, and guarantee 4k at 60fps on all releases. That's a generational difference right there especially for someone who's been gaming on a ps4pro and enjoying 4k for a minute.

All those ps4 games play way better (and quieter) on ps5 lol

You couldn’t pay me to go back to playing on a pro model

Superstar
Daps
48-max-b-wave.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

PS5 came out in 2020.. It's now 2024...

So you saved that $399 off top... But now going to pay $499 or $599 for the Pro... Missing out on 4 years, possibly 5 of gaming

When us early adopters will sell our PS5 for half or more, then pay the difference... Which just about equals what you paying, but we got 4 years of gaming too

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Ehh pass, not sure if I'll even cop a PS6 or next box, consoles ain't hitting like before. But DLSS is exciting.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Not sure whats the hype, PS5 Pro won't be that much more powerful. I'll be upgrading just because my hdd is broke and hdmi slot messed up though.

If you want truly powerful gaming hardware, drop $1500 on a custom PC which will run circles around a ps5 pro.