Tom Brady Suspended for 4 Games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and 4th in 2017 & fined $1Million

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
The deflator excuse is as likely to be true as the initial claim. It was stated in May of 2014, and the texts between the two guys is nothing but jokes. Without context we cannot say what it means. If I say "I am the killer" 8 months before allegedly murdering someone, is anyone going to cite that as definitive proof that I did it when everything else points to the opposite? That text without context means nothing.
Agreed

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
The deflator excuse is as likely to be true as the initial claim. It was stated in May of 2014, and the texts between the two guys is nothing but jokes. Without context we cannot say what it means. If I say "I am the killer" 8 months before allegedly murdering someone, is anyone going to cite that as definitive proof that I did it when everything else points to the opposite? That text without context means nothing.
This argument is good enough to keep Brady out of prison but if the goal is to convince people that he and the Patriots never cheated than it is a complete failure. The Patriots are hurting themselves by acting like this is murder trial. And the big flaw in this argument is that nobody believes this only happened once, people believe they have been cheating in some for or fashion for over 10 years. So calling yourself the deflator back in May is evidence of that...

If Brady wouldve said "I like the ball smaller cuz it helps my grip. Every QB has a preference and we all fix the balls so we are comfortable. I told our equipment guys my preference but they may have took it too far and may have fell outside of the legal limits" this shyt wouldve been over in January. No suspension and maybe a small fine...

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
This argument is good enough to keep Brady out of prison but if the goal is to convince people that he and the Patriots never cheated than it is a complete failure. The Patriots are hurting themselves by acting like this is murder trial...

If Brady wouldve said "I like the ball smaller cuz it helps my grip. Every QB has a preference and we all fix the balls so we are comfortable. I told our equipment guys my preference but they may have took it too far and may have fell outside of the legal limits" this shyt wouldve been over in January. No suspension and maybe a small fine...
This probably shouldve been their original course of action.

And more than likely is closest to the truth.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goodell serving as the arbitrator will be a joke. This case is going to federal court and Brady will win.

It really is stupid. Goodell knows Brady will take them to court if he doesn't like Goodell's verdict.

They should avoid all that and just get a neutral arbitrator. If the Patriots are so guilty according to that report, the neutral observer will see it as well.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
This probably shouldve been their original course of action.

And more than likely is closest to the truth.
Word. I don't think anyone really thinks this is a huge scandal. But the people want to see the Patriots fall becuz they are a dirty team that feels entitled to some noble status: The Patriot Way. Thats what had Tedy Bruschi looking stupid on TV....

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This argument is good enough to keep Brady out of prison but if the goal is to convince people that he and the Patriots never cheated than it is a complete failure. The Patriots are hurting themselves by acting like this is murder trial. And the big flaw in this argument is that nobody believes this only happened once, people believe they have been cheating in some for or fashion for over 10 years. So calling yourself the deflator back in May is evidence of that...

That's bullshyt. The NFL dragged this out. Not Brady or the Patriots. Both yahoo and the washingtonpost have great articles on this. Second, you have no idea what Brady said because his testimony was not included in the Wells report. You started off biased. Third, public opinion is what it is. The only reason there is a public opinion on this is because of the NFL's idiocy. Let me tell you the difference between me and you is. Number 1, you are approaching this from the perspective of the Patriots having to prove their innocence. Because of that you want Tom Brady to confess to something to appease you and the wolves out there. You feel he owes you and the game that. But the Patriots do not owe you anything and Tom Brady does not have to confess to something that cannot be proven. He does not have to sacrifice is reputation to make you feel better.

Number 2, you are approaching this as a person affected by the NFL media and I am approaching it as an attorney looking at the facts. I would not have inserted that "deflator" part because the public is stupid. But that same stupid public latched onto those words as evidence. That is the only misstep. People will go for the headlines over the substance. The Patriots' general counsel destroyed the Wells report and brought in a nobel laureate to validate the science that many others have. But people will focus on "deflator" because the science and logic are too hard to take the time to go through. It is a reflection of our society. We are sitting here taking the science of an organization that tried to argue that second hand smoking can have no effect in causing cancer over a nobel laureate and MIT and Harvard scientists. Notice how the Columbia department backed out of helping the NFL. In other words, we cannot even prove that it is more probable than not that nature did not cause the differences and given the differences in how the Colts and Pats were measured, etc., there is literally no evidence. How can you say Tom Brady is guilty by a preponderance of evidence of hiding something that you cannot even prove occurred?

This is why I said you have all lost your minds, and the NFL succeeded in ruining Brady's reputation with no proof of anything. It succeeded because we are having this discussion right now and we should not be.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
op said if brady sued. so yes, he'd have to turn over more info. accuser has burden of proof.

arbitration wont introduce any new evidence

WRONG.

This is a judicial review of Goodell's/the league's punishment of Brady. This is a collective bargaining issue. Goodell/the league is on trial for violating the CBA and punishing Brady beyond what the CBA allows. Hence, the arbitrator (LMAO) and a federal judge would review the evidence that the league considered (i.e., the Wells report) and determine whether the league's punishment was excessive or not, under the arbitrary and capricious standard and the reasonableness standard, respectively. The league doesn't get to have a second chance of proving that Brady violated the rules. It's the league that's on trial for its punishment which apparently violated the CBA. The league is going to have to explain how in the hell the findings in the heavily-flawed Wells report justified a 4-game suspension for an infraction that the CBA deems is punishable up to $25,000. That's it. Brady doesn't have to turn over his phone, its contents, etc.

This is administrative law, plain and simple.

Do the knowledge before you start spewing nonsense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps

Couldn't have said it better

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Obviously I'm not a lawyer, so miss me with that loaded question

But as a clear minded human being

Looking at the texts, the ball boy on camera, and the meticulous nature of Tom Brady, is clear as day that he was behind this ..

Besides the, fact that Brady didn't cooperate with the investigation?
That, in itself, is a violation of his NFL contract and enough to warrant a suspension..

Also, in the report when million dollar lawyers tell bold face lies talmbout he called himself the deflater because he was losing weigh, it really undermines the rest of the report and really makes you wonder, what else are they lying about.

1. Brady didn't have to cooperate with the investigation. It's ILLEGAL for an employer to demand access to your personal communication devices (or their contents and then fire you for refusing to hand them over. It's also illegal under the applicable CBA. Brady didn't have to comply to Wells' demands.

2. I can tell you haven't looked at all of the evidence and that you're taking the heavily flawed Wells report at face value.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
That's bullshyt. The NFL dragged this out. Not Brady or the Patriots. Both yahoo and the washingtonpost have great articles on this. Second, you have no idea what Brady said because his testimony was not included in the Wells report. You started off biased. Third, public opinion is what it is. The only reason there is a public opinion on this is because of the NFL's idiocy. Let me tell you the difference between me and you is. Number 1, you are approaching this from the perspective of the Patriots having to prove their innocence. Because of that you want Tom Brady to confess to something to appease you and the wolves out there. You feel he owes you and the game that. But the Patriots do not owe you anything and Tom Brady does not have to confess to something that cannot be proven. He does not have to sacrifice is reputation to make you feel better.

Number 2, you are approaching this as a person affected by the NFL media and I am approaching it as an attorney looking at the facts. I would not have inserted that "deflator" part because the public is stupid. But that same stupid public latched onto those words as evidence. That is the only misstep. People will go for the headlines over the substance. The Patriots' general counsel destroyed the Wells report and brought in a nobel laureate to validate the science that many others have. But people will focus on "deflator" because the science and logic are too hard to take the time to go through. It is a reflection of our society. We are sitting here taking the science of an organization that tried to argue that second hand smoking can have no effect in causing cancer over a nobel laureate and MIT and Harvard scientists. Notice how the Columbia department backed out of helping the NFL. In other words, we cannot even prove that it is more probable than not that nature did not cause the differences and given the differences in how the Colts and Pats were measured, etc., there is literally no evidence. How can you say Tom Brady is guilty by a preponderance of evidence of hiding something that you cannot even prove occurred?

This is why I said you have all lost your minds, and the NFL succeeded in ruining Brady's reputation with no proof of anything. It succeeded because we are having this discussion right now and we should not be.

As an attorney myself, I'm realizing you can't talk about the law with these brehs. It just flies in the face of their preconceived notions and half-truths and lies that they so willing absorb.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps

Cuz the NFL wants to destroy the reputation of its biggest star, its marquee franchise and the reigning Super Bowl champion. Why? Becuz they "aint us". Ya'll are sick....

Same question as before and then I'm done with this for today: If "nothing even happened" (as proven by a nobel laureate blah blah blah). Then why were Jamstemski and McNally suspended without pay?

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anybody read Brady's appeal letter?

So Brady's team sent that letter, which makes it known they're going to call on both Goodell and Vincent to testify.

Goodell then answers by appointing himself arbitrator:mjlol::dead::dead::dead::dead:

This shyt is fukking hilarious:mjlol: