Tom Brady Suspended for 4 Games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and 4th in 2017 & fined $1Million

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
i'm about to hit the gym so i can deflate this weight breh's :troll:

Never in the history of your life has anyone said anything as absurd as this.

My girl's not grossly over weight but if she could just deflate about 15 more pounds

vK9t3.jpg

:takedat::takedat:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Goodell serving as the arbitrator will be a joke. This case is going to federal court and Brady will win.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Good point on Mike and Mike this AM: If the Patriots are claiming that no violation was ever committed then why did they suspend McNally and Jastremski without pay? If they did everything right they should still have jobs

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Good point on Mike and Mike this AM: If the Patriots are claiming that no violation was ever committed then why did they suspend McNally and Jastremski without pay? If they did everything right they should still have jobs

Public relations purposes.

This entire situation has been misframed. The arbitrator appeal (and likely subsequent federal appeal) is NOT about whether Brady had the balls doctored or not. It's about whether Goodell/the league violated the CBA by suspending Brady for 4 games for an infraction that the CBA states is subject to a $25,000 fine. That's it.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Public relations purposes.

This entire situation has been misframed. The arbitrator appeal (and likely subsequent federal appeal) is NOT about whether Brady had the balls doctored or not. It's about whether Goodell/the league violated the CBA by suspending Brady for 4 games for an infraction that the CBA states is subject to a $25,000 fine. That's it.
So the argument now is that the balls were illegally deflated by Patriots staff but Brady shouldn't be suspended for it. Got it.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Apparently the P*ts broke league rules by releasing that absurd report yesterday

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...-slant-robert-krafts-break-from-nfl-authority
Article VIII of the NFL constitution gives the commissioner, and by proxy the league office, "full, complete and final jurisdiction" to resolve disputes. It also gives the commissioner "complete authority" to issue discipline for rules violations. Finally, Article IX expressly prohibits public criticism of the league by member clubs, stating: "All complaints or criticism ... shall be made to the Commissioner only and shall not be publicized directly or indirectly."

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Absolutely false. The league gets no more chances to prove Brady's guilt. It's stuck with its findings in the Wells report.

At arbitration, the arbitrator will review the punishment under the arbitrary and capricious standard. If Goodell argues that Brady's conduct was detrimental to the league, he'll have to prove with solely the findings in the Wells report that Brady engaged in detrimental conduct.

At no point will witnesses or Brady's texts/e-mails be subpoenaed.

op said if brady sued. so yes, he'd have to turn over more info. accuser has burden of proof.

arbitration wont introduce any new evidence

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Explain to me how Goodell/the league will win a federal court case...

Obviously I'm not a lawyer, so miss me with that loaded question

But as a clear minded human being

Looking at the texts, the ball boy on camera, and the meticulous nature of Tom Brady, is clear as day that he was behind this ..

Besides the, fact that Brady didn't cooperate with the investigation?
That, in itself, is a violation of his NFL contract and enough to warrant a suspension..

Also, in the report when million dollar lawyers tell bold face lies talmbout he called himself the deflater because he was losing weigh, it really undermines the rest of the report and really makes you wonder, what else are they lying about.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only stupid excuse in that report is the 'deflated meant losing weight' part.

What other part of it is stupid? I read the whole thing and it seems like everybody's harping on that one dumb ass claim, while ignoring the fact that the rest of the report made plenty of valid points.

Yeah I mean aside from them blatantly lying about a key piece of evidence it's a solid report.

:skip:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Yeah I mean aside from them blatantly lying about a key piece of evidence it's a solid report.

:skip:
While I agree it looks foolish.

1. We can't prove it's a lie

2. While it may bring doubt about the rest of the report. The report is 20,000 words long. This statement is like 50 of those words. Virtually the entire report beyond that is based on provable facts.

Keep in mind Im not saying Brady had nothing to do with it. Simply saying I read the report. And short of that one statement it brought up several valid points undermining the Wells report. As ludicrous as the deflator explanation sounds it does not automatically invalidate other claims which can be supported by facts.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
While I agree it looks foolish.

1. We can't prove it's a lie

2. While it may bring doubt about the rest of the report. The report is 20,000 words long. This statement is like 50 of those words. Virtually the entire report beyond that is based on provable facts.

Keep in mind Im not saying Brady had nothing to do with it. Simply saying I read the report. And short of that one statement it brought up several valid points undermining the Wells report. As ludicrous as the deflator explanation sounds it does not automatically invalidate other claims which can be supported by facts.
The deflator excuse is as likely to be true as the initial claim. It was stated in May of 2014, and the texts between the two guys is nothing but jokes. Without context we cannot say what it means. If I say "I am the killer" 8 months before allegedly murdering someone, is anyone going to cite that as definitive proof that I did it when everything else points to the opposite? That text without context means nothing.